• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.
downloading the demo now but the goalkeepers look nowhere near as bad as they did in the beta which people were leaking on YouTube. That shit was laughable.

Blablurn

I wanna see some Bayern already.

Champions League starts next week, too. Yeah!

Oh boy, Champions League!

The place where the best compete.

From what I've seen, big step in the right direction for Hodgson. Not sure it'll last before we revert to type, but I'm slightly hopeful

Should be Welbeck and Sturridge up front imo, not either/or

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Allegri really is a genius.

They were linked with Mata the other day too. What a window, Glen Johnson, Juan Mata. #prayforyurt

alright bring them

tumblr_inline_mzjcaaqXxC1rt6qr4.gif

sohois

From what I've seen, big step in the right direction for Hodgson. Not sure it'll last before we revert to type, but I'm slightly hopeful

Should be Welbeck and Sturridge up front imo, not either/or

I saw it mentioned last night that the diamond formation had the markings of a Gary Neville idea, rather than coming from Hodgson. I wonder how true it is.

Given the paucity of English managerial candidates and the lack of desire to go foreign again, it would make sense for the FA to want to push the respected Neville from within as a future head coach. But it would be far too early to shove him straight into the position now with no experience. So, why not use Hodgson as a front, let him be the face whilst giving Neville control behind the scenes until he can properly take the helm? Would be a great way to let him develop free from pressure and I'd imagine Hodgson would agree if it let him keep his title.

Of course, it's pretty poor reasoning to assume that just because England did something positive, it must be the result of someone who is not Hodgson as he can never do anything good. Just a theory, like.

Genuinely can't tell if L1NETT was being serious when having a go at people for saying Welbeck's finishing is shite on the evidence of 2 goals, one of which was a tap-in that he nearly fucked up.

There's 3+ years of evidence to support the #shitefinisher argument, and I think even his biggest fans would agree that it's probably the massive hole in his game which has prevented him from becoming a first choice player at Man Ut

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Genuinely can't tell if L1NETT was being serious when having a go at people for saying Welbeck's finishing is shite on the evidence of 2 goals, one of which was a tap-in that he nearly fucked up.

There's 3+ years of evidence to support the #shitefinisher argument, and I think even his biggest fans would agree that it's probably the massive hole in his game which has prevented him from becoming a first choice player at Man Ut
pretty sure every "WELBECK IS GOD" post was ironic too :lol even Wilbur's :lol

Junited fans love him for all the wrong reasons.

I don't know if FIFA 15 is that much of an improvement, the cutscenes are even more intrusive now.

All I know is I want to play more, it's fresh enough that I want to keep playing it. But I do like FIFA quite a lot.

Gambit

watching Dollhouse again...

good show

Agreed. It wasn't always good, but it developed into something very interesting. Amy Acker would have been a better main character though. She actually can portray different personalities every week. Eliza is just different shades of Faith.

I don't know if FIFA 15 is that much of an improvement, the cutscenes are even more intrusive now.

All I know is I want to play more, it's fresh enough that I want to keep playing it. But I do like FIFA quite a lot.

Can't wait until EA drop the pretence and release a full price database and kit update each year. Let's face it the gameplay is perfect as it already is, which is why it never seems to improve.

Switzerland's manager at full time has th smile of a man who knows they'll be qualifying anyway. Well done UEFA.

Milner's 50th cap has bmade me surprisingly depressed. He wouldn't get 5 caps for Italy, Spain, France or Germany

Phlebas

Banned
Agreed. It wasn't always good, but it developed into something very interesting. Amy Acker would have been a better main character though. She actually can portray different personalities every week. Eliza is just different shades of Faith.

jyrPO4m.jpg

Amy Acker is definitely one of my favorite actresses now. She's great.

Can't wait until EA drop the pretence and release a full price database and kit update each year. Let's face it the gameplay is perfect as it already is, which is why it never seems to improve.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic but It's not perfect, it's 'good enough' for me though. I can usually game my way around the L1+Triangles and recently the op headers in 14. There's no competition and no sports game quite like it.

It's… fun. 👨

I might just be stupid but I thought the through balls were way more floaty and I wasn't sure I liked it. Couldn't ping it as much as you could before,

Waiting for Hixx to be ready to play Destiny is boring. HURRY UP HIXX!

Also Chelsea are reportedly going to be sponsored by Turkish Airlines from next season.

Switzerland's manager at full time has th smile of a man who knows they'll be qualifying anyway. Well done UEFA.

Milner's 50th cap has bmade me surprisingly depressed. He wouldn't get 5 caps for Italy, Spain, France or Germany

I wouldn't be surprised if he was first name on the team sheet with Italy. I watched 60 minutes of Italy Holland before I even realised Giaccherini had started.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom