• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone who couldn't quite get into Stalker:SoC because of the graphics and UI, is there any chance that I could get into Call of Pripyat?

(don't think the Stalker Complete mod works with W8)

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Just saw the United ATT/MID/DEF stats in fifa , Herrera a 79 again :(

84/80/79

Blablurn

3,c=0,w=650.bild.jpg

WJD

Feel okay on the FIFA demo.

Some of the player animations/transitions look a little stiff and I don't mind the new keeper animations too much if it means I can score more goals than just finesse and straight across the goal.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Feel okay on the FIFA demo.

Some of the player animations/transitions look a little stiff and I don't mind the new keeper animations too much if it means I can score more goals than just finesse and straight across the goal.
Seems like FInesse shots are really hard to score v the new keepers

So I'm downloading Knights of the Old Republic, Jedi Outcast and Jedi Knight 2 which were all £1.74 from GMG :p Mac versions too!

fucking cheap.

Despite me giving FIFA shit I was sort of expecting to get FIFA 15, but I'm a little concerned by people saying it feels so similar to 14. Like most years everyone proclaims it's quite different even when it's not significantly so in my eyes. Guess I'll try the demo later.

So I'm downloading Knights of the Old Republic, Jedi Outcast and Jedi Knight 2 which were all £1.74 from GMG :p Mac versions too!

fucking cheap.

I am a huge Star Wars fan having spent thousands on all types of shit over the years, but I still can't believe I have not played Knights of the Old Republic.

Zabojnik

you really don't

No, I guess I don't. Still, Mata is pretty shit these days. He seems to be the kind of player that needs everything (tactical set up, co-players) to be just right to perform anywhere near top level. Otherwise he turns into your ordinary Ozil.

Bold One

Agreed. It wasn't always good, but it developed into something very interesting. Amy Acker would have been a better main character though. She actually can portray different personalities every week. Eliza is just different shades of Faith.

You may be right, though I think she played her role really well, and I will admit I am in love with her.

I saw it mentioned last night that the diamond formation had the markings of a Gary Neville idea, rather than coming from Hodgson. I wonder how true it is.

Given the paucity of English managerial candidates and the lack of desire to go foreign again, it would make sense for the FA to want to push the respected Neville from within as a future head coach. But it would be far too early to shove him straight into the position now with no experience. So, why not use Hodgson as a front, let him be the face whilst giving Neville control behind the scenes until he can properly take the helm? Would be a great way to let him develop free from pressure and I'd imagine Hodgson would agree if it let him keep his title.

Of course, it's pretty poor reasoning to assume that just because England did something positive, it must be the result of someone who is not Hodgson as he can never do anything good. Just a theory, like.

I think this is a bit too far fetched.

I can imagine Hodgson might be more willing to listen to the advice of Neville, or whoever else. Don't think he would stay in role as a puppet though.

Mr Cola

Despite me giving FIFA shit I was sort of expecting to get FIFA 15, but I'm a little concerned by people saying it feels so similar to 14. Like most years everyone proclaims it's quite different even when it's not significantly so in my eyes. Guess I'll try the demo later.

Looks substantially different to me personally

I hear this every year, maybe the people who make these comments dont play the game that much? Or maybe they are just hating because its an annual franchise, ive no idea, maybe they believe it and if they do its fine.

Either way, in my eyes, they are usually very wrong.

I hear this every year, maybe the people who make these comments dont play the game that much? Or maybe they are just hating because its an annual franchise, ive no idea, maybe they believe it and if they do its fine.

I guess when you play 900 hours of the previous game it makes all the little changes seem bigger cause you are so used to the old one. Only playing a couple of games here and there makes it harder to spot the changes.

Just saw the United ATT/MID/DEF stats in fifa , Herrera a 79 again :(

84/80/79

I just see the scores as based on last year's performance. Who knows, maybe Herrera will break out, be THAT good and force FIFA to update the rating mid season.

(well, if it ever happens)

Mr Cola

I guess when you play 900 hours of the previous game it makes all the little changes seem bigger cause you are so used to the old one. Only playing a couple of games here and there makes it harder to spot the changes.

True but we all knew when we played a few hours of the demo, we were all saying that even the PC version was a good improvement.

How do you find the demo?

Totti is not rated in the top 50 in FIFA??? Fuck EA, who wants Canadians making a football game. Let EA Shanks handle FIFA 16 with Welbeck 100 finishing

Mr Cola

I just see the scores as based on last year's performance. Who knows, maybe Herrera will break out, be THAT good and force FIFA to update the rating mid season.

(well, if it ever happens)

Sterling is 79 too

Mig is 82-Agger is 81

Sterling is 79

Ea Please

This is based on the demo

What are the LFC ratings? Particularly Sturridge, Sterling and Henderson

Sturridge 83, Hendo 79, Sterling 79 Gerrard 82

Everyone is sub 80 other that Gerrard, Mig and Agger

Flan is 70

True but we all knew when we played a few hours of the demo, we were all saying that even the PC version was a good improvement.

I don't really play against the CPU too often but it's fun! Can't wait for a friend to come over after he finishes work so I can play some 1v1. Keepers have been 99% fine for me other than one shot where I some how squeezed it between his arm and body which seemed like he should have saved. looking forward for Believe FC to hit the Ignite engine though! I think you'll love it.

Sterling is 79 too

Mig is 82-Agger is 81

Sterling is 79

Ea Please

Demo are old stats too. Hazard is only a 87 on the demo even though they have announced he is 88 and Costa is 84 even though they already said he is 85 in the full game!

King_Moc

Banned
Sterling is 79 too

Mig is 82-Agger is 81

Sterling is 79

Ea Please

Sturridge 83, Hendo 79, Sterling 79 Gerrard 82

Everyone is sub 80 other that Gerrard, Mig and Agger

Flan is 70

Wow, those are painfully wrong. Sterling worse as a midfielder than Mignolet is as a keeper. No.

FWIW I actually found FIFA 14 on the PS4 very different to FIFA 14 on the PC, so I don't think I'm insensitive to changes in mechanics.

Hoping I try it tonight and am pleasantly surprised.

Wow, those are painfully wrong. Sterling worse as a midfielder than Mignolet is as a keeper. No.

as I said further up the page the demo stats are real old. from what I can tell I think they are just 14 stats cause they didn't finalize the stats for the full game when the demo was made.

Mr Cola

Has anyone tried "Park the bus" and "All out attack" tactics yet?

Wanna hear how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom