• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fintan

Once I set up a US PSN account, is there any trick to buying stuff? Will I be able to use my Irish Credit Card or will I need codes? Or to buy off of Amazon? The price difference for FIFA is too high to buy it any other way.

Some delivery drivers are really out of order. I’ve seen a guy come up and ring the doorbell…wait for like, 3 seconds max and then start scribbling the “We Missed You” note.

I opened the door, “hi m8”.

Idiots. Also had them write down the wrong ref no a few times so when you call up to rearrange they have no idea what’s going on.

That said, DPD delivered to me today. Got a text this morning saying the parcel would be delivered between 15.27 and 16.16 or something very exacty. And then a signed for confirmation too. Good stuff.

Blablurn

Once I set up a US PSN account, is there any trick to buying stuff? Will I be able to use my Irish Credit Card or will I need codes? Or to buy off of Amazon? The price difference for FIFA is too high to buy it any other way.

Create US account. Buy codes from Amazon.com via your Irish Credit Card (u need an american address tho, check Borderlinx for free addresses). Type the codes into the US PSN. Buy game. Go back to your main account. Play.

Tc91

Create US account. Buy codes from Amazon.com via your Irish Credit Card (u need an american address tho, check Borderlinx for free addresses). Type the codes into the US PSN. Buy game. Go back to your main account. Play.

Bing bang bosh. Did that with Destiny before, make sure when you set up your US PSN account you activate it as a primary console, it pops up so you can't miss it.

It's really easy and the price differences are insane. Why would anyone buy from the EU/UK store I have no idea.

---

Worst delivery service I had was when I had problems with my pc that I bought from a now Youtuber who used to build PC's after quitting CS. Yodel the cunts decided to play football with my case and there was dents all over the thing. Pissed me right off

Some delivery drivers are really out of order. I’ve seen a guy come up and ring the doorbell…wait for like, 3 seconds max and then start scribbling the “We Missed You” note.

I opened the door, “hi m8”.

Idiots. Also had them write down the wrong ref no a few times so when you call up to rearrange they have no idea what’s going on.

That said, DPD delivered to me today. Got a text this morning saying the parcel would be delivered between 15.27 and 16.16 or something very exacty. And then a signed for confirmation too. Good stuff.

I've had a few bad ones

One basically lying about trying, like dc's
One waiting at the door for 2 seconds
One said he'd dropped my phone off at the local post office, when I went to pick it up they told me they had no record of it, turned out he'd put it back into his employer's system to try and be delivered the next day.

K1LLER7

Bing bang bosh. Did that with Destiny before, make sure when you set up your US PSN account you activate it as a primary console, it pops up so you can't miss it.

It's really easy and the price differences are insane. Why would anyone buy from the EU/UK store I have no idea.

Thanks m8s.

Do you have to buy from amazon.com?

LegoArmo

Thanks m8s.

Do you have to buy from amazon.com?

Or other sites that sell codes. Amazon is the cheapest.

I personally buy an Amazon.com email voucher in GBP with my real billing address to save a little on bank fees, then change my billing address to a fake American one, and buy the PSN codes with that credit.

Fintan

---

Worst delivery service I had was when I had problems with my pc that I bought from a now Youtuber who used to build PC's after quitting CS. Yodel the cunts decided to play football with my case and there was dents all over the thing. Pissed me right off

Cheers, guys. Don't know if you guys will know this or not, but just looking on Amazon.com now, they don't seem to be selling FIFA 15 digital codes. Do the codes usually go on sale closer to release date? Or do you just buy 50 or 100 dollar vouchers?

Might test this out with Destiny...

pulsemyne

Liverpool don't

¬¬

wanker12.jpg

K1LLER7

Will you be able to play shortly after then?

I'll wait if so, would rather play with someone I know in the same level range than play with randoms

edit: oops
Interview tomorrow and need to prep for that. Don't think i'll be on much today :(

Will PM you later if I get time to play, but will definitely be on tomorrow.

Meier

dc, from my experience, Amazon will usually always reimburse you somehow if they fuck up. I'm sure if you get in chat with a representative they'll give you some credit to pay for the lost value of Prime. Your game may still come a day late but you won't go unrewarded for it.

K1LLER7

nope. just look for us psn cards. wherever you want.

Or other sites that sell codes. Amazon is the cheapest.

I personally buy an Amazon.com email voucher in GBP with my real billing address to save a little on bank fees, then change my billing address to a fake American one, and buy the PSN codes with that credit.

You don't but its the easiest way to buy PSN codes, I find.

Cheers guys.

Will do this for FIFA and Evil Within

Waiting for the FIFA demo means this is the longest I've spent looking at Origin ever.

Cardiff fans smashed up TV's at the liberty last season and they started fights with stewards at Man city. The arsehole contingent at Cardiff is very high. Pity really.
Your stadium does look like legoland though.

As I said, every club has it's knobheads. Shame the TV's didn't fall off the walls and land on their heads. Home and away matches do seem to attract a different sort of "fan" though. I'd take the missus to see a home match, but like hell would I let her travel to West Ham away or somesuch.

Automated Footy Banter Response No. 274: Yes, our place looks like Legoland, but at least we own it.

EmiPrime

I went to Ninian Park for Cardiff - West Ham a while ago (sat in home end).

Got to say I don't think much of West Ham's away contingent (twats).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom