• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT6| Daley Blind Is a Hack Of a Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

jts

...hate me...
I could never get into RPGs.

The closest I've been to a Final Fantasy was when I bought FFVII on the PS3... played less than 2 minutes and tried to pour bleach into my eyeballs.

Played a bit of the Paper Marios. Mehhh.

Then I was mildly entertained by Earthbound, although abusing guides and save states. Still couldn't finish it.

I really feel sometimes that these can be the deepest kind of games, from a story, gameplay and linearity point of view. Their style also often looks fantastic. But I just can't.

Jarnet87

Read like half a page of that FFXV thread

Fuck that. There is a fucking huge cross-section of GAF who seem desperate to be offended

As a wet behind the ears gaf newb I use to love to post in threads like these, bashing on misguided and foolish Final Fantasy fans. You know the type, the ones who think the series started with X, that it's some kind of magnum opus and that the SNES and PS1 era games are shit and unplayable because of graphics. But it resulted in bans, lots of them. Now that I am a seasoned gaf vet I simply take a deep breath and avoid those threads.

Phlebas

Banned
As a wet behind the ears gaf newb I use to love to post in threads like these, bashing on misguided and foolish Final Fantasy fans. You know the type, the ones who think the series started with X, that it's some kind of magnum opus and that the SNES and PS1 era games are shit and unplayable because of graphics. But it resulted in bans, lots of them. Now that I am a seasoned gaf vet I simply take a deep breath and avoid those threads.

People like that exist? I must not frequent Gaming side that much then.

Scum

For your sanity, it's probably best not to. You'll find more sense about gaming in two pages here than you will in entire threads on gaming side. Like I've said many a times - most of them just don't play games anymore. They're just there for the numbers and whatever ends up justifying their purchases and that's it.
Heaven forbid that you enjoy playing a game, regardless of what console it's on.

iihWQLLqnH60r.png

Phlebas

Banned
For your sanity, it's probably best not to. You'll find more sense about gaming in two pages here than you will in entire threads on gaming side. Like I've said many a times - most of them just don't play games anymore. They're just there for the numbers and whatever ends up justifying their purchases and that's it.
Heaven forbid that you enjoy playing a game, regardless of what console it's on.

iihWQLLqnH60r.png

Bunch of bean counters.

I've been meaning to ask, what does "innit" mean?

inky

Some guy made a thread not long ago where he said he found any game in 2D perspective unplayable.

Well, he said it in so many words, but it was the kind of generalization for which the eye-roll expression was invented. So yep, people who "don't like stuff because old" or who think "x > y" (regardless of how ludicrous the equivalence is) do exist and certainly do plague this forum.

Rockyrock

Longshots in FUT are so easy this year. I can't tell if it's because of horrible keeper AI or what.

But if I can score 40 yard screamers with Poli you know they fucked up big time.

GorillaJu

Longshots in FUT are so easy this year. I can't tell if it's because of horrible keeper AI or what.

But if I can score 40 yard screamers with Poli you know they fucked up big time.

Yeah it's the worst possible situation for me. My friend always shoots these speculative 30+ yard shots and they're going in way too often, where I'm the opposite and like to pass until it's an open goal. I'm getting fucked

hiroshawn

Banned
What do you guys use for face/skin care? Any special creams?

In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

Marc

In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

patrick-bateman-music.gif

Phlebas

Banned
I don't use anything aside from lotion because it can get dry sometimes.

Never had problems with pimples or anything like that.

hiroshawn

Banned
What do you guys use for face/skin care? Any special creams?

But seriously start with your diet, the better your diet the less product you will need, cut out junk and limit sugars. Eat steamed vegies like Kale, celery, etc. Drink 1 gallon of water throughout the day. I buy a gallon of spring water every week and just drink throughout the day, at the end of the day fill it up if you have a filter on your tap and put it next to your bed so when you wake up it's right their (The water is actually the most import step and it also improves your overall health.)

Wash your with just water in the morning and use a cleanser at night. I use Baxter of California facial cleanser (I've used plenty of others and this is the nest i've come across so far.)

http://www.baxterofcalifornia.com/C...BR95iG30zCvfxoC58Xw_wcB&start=1&cgid=skincare

Exfoliate once or twice a week. (I exfoliate every Sunday night.) I use Baxter of California facial scrub. I like the scent and the texture is finer than the cheaper CVS scrubs and the ingredients are quality. Kyoku is great too but cost a bit more.

http://www.baxterofcalifornia.com/C...BR95iG30zCvfxoC58Xw_wcB&start=4&cgid=skincare

http://www.kyokuformen.com/product/exfoliating-facial-scrub

To moisturize I'm using Emu oil at the moment. It is really good. I am looking into testing other moisturizer to use during the week and reserve the emu oil for once a week use. (It's expensive and potent you only need to use a drop and I use it on my hair scalp too.)

The most important step is the water. DRINK WATER.

Blablurn

Thanks hiro!

Man, thats a lot

- Tea tree oil face scrub.
- Nivea face moisturiser (use twice a day)
- Dove for men aftershave barm

I also use a body lotion after a shower and hand cream as I work in a dry environment.

Fucking hell. I usually do long distance runs over 12km in the evening, because I have been eating during the day so my engine is ready to go.

But today I did a 19km run at 5am and I have never felt this bad. I like running on an empty stomach for my early runs and can post good results, but this 19km has left me sore all over and I was throwing up every bit of water I drank for two hours afterwards.

My next long distance runis gonna be 22.3km next Friday, and I am gonna make sure to go baxk to the evening for it.

I did but I thought it was mediocre.

I love it, such a great film apart from the ending.

King_Moc

Banned
Fucking hell. I usually do long distance runs over 12km in the evening, because I have been eating during the day so my engine is ready to go.

But today I did a 19km run at 5am and I have never felt this bad. I like running on an empty stomach for my early runs and can post good results, but this 19km has left me sore all over and I was throwing up every bit of water I drank for two hours afterwards.

My next long distance runis gonna be 22.3km next Friday, and I am gonna make sure to go baxk to the evening for it.

You ran a half marathon on an empty stomach! No shit you were ill, that burns about 1500 calories off. 1500 that you wouldn't have had in the tank at all.

hiroshawn

Banned
You ran a half marathon on an empty stomach! No shit you were ill, that burns about 1500 calories off. 1500 that you wouldn't have had in the tank at all.

Empty stomach does not mean empty energy. the food he/she ate the day before is fuel enough to do the miles. I train on an empty stomach all the time I don't eat until 2pm and stop eating by 9pm.

holy shit. 19m? I always run 4-5km max :D

10km is my favourite distance, but I am trying to set a new PB in the Nike Seoul half marathon, if they let me enter. I am following the nike training plan so it called for 19km today.

It never usually effects me. Maybe running a longer distance than normal on a morning hrew my body. But I did 8-12 daily in the mornong and a 14 on Sunday with no problem.

Also as Hiro said, you are burning the energy from the day before. So I always find it is much better for fat burning.

GorillaJu

I can't imagine running that much. How often do you run? It's not great for your long term health to run yourself ragged like that, especially not often. There's a reason why athletes and long distance runners end up with back problems and worn out hearts...

King_Moc

Banned
10km is my favourite distance, but I am trying to set a new PB in the Nike Seoul half marathon, if they let me enter. I am following the nike training plan so it called for 19km today.

It never usually effects me. Maybe running a longer distance than normal on a morning hrew my body. But I did 8-12 daily in the mornong and a 14 on Sunday with no problem.

Also as Hiro said, you are burning the energy from the day before. So I always find it is much better for fat burning.

I could do 10k quite happily in the morning, but more than that without eating would be a bit of a struggle. I used to get dizzy spells quite often at the gym on a Saturday morning.

I can't imagine running that much. How often do you run? It's not great for your long term health to run yourself ragged like that, especially not often. There's a reason why athletes and long distance runners end up with back problems and worn out hearts...

How can it be bad for your heart? I know it's terrible for your back and knees, but I I'd have thought it should be good for the heart.

When training 50-70k a week for around 12. When not less than 50km a week

It wasn't really ragged for me. I have run long, faster and farther before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom