• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT6| Daley Blind Is a Hack Of a Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walshy

Bayonetta 2 is not 3rd party though. That said, 3rd party support was already dead before that game.
Nintendo paid for B2's development, it's really not a 3rd party game
I know Bayonetta 2 is being published by Nintendo and they have given additional support to the development of the project

Why would any third party such as Platinum take a sequel to one of their best IPs and stick it exclusively on Nintendo is mad. I know they've probably gained a lot of funding from Nintendo due to exclusivity on the console, but anyone could of seen sales-wise, it was doomed from the start.

TeddyBoy

lol Vertonghen won't sign a new contract.

Get the fuck out then, Poch was wise not to make him one of the captains. Needs to remove his head from his anus and realise that he hasn't played well for 18 months.

I thought Vertonghen had a good game yesterday, Fazio seemed to be doing his best Toure impression most of the match.

Elchele

BlaringYawningGrasshopper.gif

hnng

King_Moc

Banned
I know Bayonetta 2 is being published by Nintendo and they have given additional support to the development of the project

Why would any third party such as Platinum take a sequel to one of their best IPs and stick it exclusively on Nintendo is mad. I know they've probably gained a lot of funding from Nintendo due to exclusivity on the console, but anyone could of seen sales-wise, it was doomed from the start.

Bayonetta was already a dead ip. It selling poorly doesn't make a difference. They're getting paid for it regardless, and Platinum really wanted to make another.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

Nintendo paid for the development of the game. Bayonetta 2 would not exist otherwise, nobody else wanted to fund it. I'll take a Wii U sequel over no sequel at all.

It would have sold shit on any platform, is a niche title and the first one was a long time ago.

El Topo

That's a nice way of saying that no one else wanted to fund Bayonetta 2.

Elchele

I don't like the new team management UI in FIFA 15. It is a mess. It is twice as complicated and less intuitive, the stats of the players are very difficult to 'read' now too

fuck EA

LTWheels

Sega owns Bayonetta, not Platinum, and they didn't see it worthwhile to fund a sequel to a franchise they own.

Shows how dead it is.

Scum

Sega owns Bayonetta, not Platinum, and they didn't see it worthwhile to fund a sequel to a franchise they own.

Shows how dead it is.

This. Add to the blatant fact that the audience you need for these kinds of games has been missing from Nintendo consoles since the N64, then the sales comes as no surprise.

I'm just glad a sequel exist. Fucking enjoyed the first one to bits!

Pennywise

I don't like the new team management UI in FIFA 15. It is a mess. It is twice as complicated and less intuitive, the stats of the players are very difficult to 'read' now too

fuck EA

What I love is the different tactics you can save, I got my offensive formation with both Kagawa and Reus as offensive midfield and Kuba/Miki on the wing and the normal formation with Reus on the wing.

Peco

Andrea Belotti is the next big thing. I know scoring against this Napolol is not that hard, but still, kid looks very promising.

Wooden should be happy.

Lightning

Banned
lol Vertonghen won't sign a new contract.

Get the fuck out then, Poch was wise not to make him one of the captains. Needs to remove his head from his anus and realise that he hasn't played well for 18 months.
This surprises you? You don't play cl football and that doesn't look like changing anytime soon. Jan wants cl football.

Presumably, Platinum still got paid to make the game, its a SEGA owned IP so even if they didn't get paid (doubtful) they have had their IP strengthened quality wise and Platinum got to make a game they wanted to.

The loss is most likely all on Nintendo's side and US/RoW sales could be enough to make it profitable still. I had this staggered launch BS though. Not that I care about Bayonetta but its 2014 ffs, people shouldn't have to wait a month

Jesé Rodríguez will be back in one month

This is fantastic news, our attacking power will be reinforced by his return. He looks like he's been training hard to get back into form. This has a new signing feel all over again :)

Jack cw

I played it for the first time last night -- 8 games of clubs or so -- and thought it was excellent. Really had no complaints at all. What makes you say this?

The FIFA OT is full of complains and whats wrong with it at the moment and I try to make it short. My biggest problems are the weak AI, especialy the teammates ignoring free space. I'm not even talking about the fact that 2 star teams play like Barca against you, never make any mistakes and regardless of the situation, never play the ball back to keep posession. The AI only knows one routine. The game still doesnt need midfielders to build up your game. Its actually really fast box to box play, with little strategic elements.

The transition in animations from first touch to the next move are non existent or really bad done, because it takes some time to process the ball, which gives me the feeling I'm never really in control of my player and forced immediately into one on ones. Animation in general have become pretty robotic and stiff. Tactical defending is now purely based on positioning or closing the passing line. Pressing the opponent becomes impossible or so different because of work arounds that it takes away the fun (something FIFA14 did pretty well actually).

Ball physics are very ballooney and the goalies in general are everything but balanced. Just like the overall game, where, regardless how you play, there is so much hectic and coincidence involved, that it takes away any immersion or fun. The game still favours rockets (pace) and coupled with the slow tackling reaction of the defenders, its rather easy to dribble to the goal. Some (key) mechanics like this suffer from a huge step backwards. There is also some noticable lag in actions on PS4 which makes it pretty unplayable for me. The list of flaws is pretty long.

Dont get me wrong, its FIFA and does many things right, but the core gameplay this time isn't even mediocre like the previous years, it's actually bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom