• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT6| Daley Blind Is a Hack Of a Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitewulf

It's so weird

When I went on holiday I didn't poop for around four days, and then my poops were regular for almost the entirety of the rest of the holiday

The last two days all I did was shit. Literally, I must have shit around 25 times in two days

And now I'm constipated

help me understand

feel free not to share

We should just play defensive Mou-ball and try to get a point. Hopefully Ryan Mason is involved.

Not yet, yeah he did ok in LC but dont throw him in this game unless we are like 5 up.

For me we need Fazio starting to counter Arsenals threat from Merts. We need a solid 3 in midfield, Capoue, Stambouli and Dembele perhals?

Lightning

Banned
Not yet, yeah he did ok in LC but dont throw him in this game unless we are like 5 up.

For me we need Fazio starting to counter Arsenals threat from Merts. We need a solid 3 in midfield, Capoue, Stambouli and Dembele perhals?
Nothing can save your midfield from a fresh and recharged Ramsey!

Baki

Because we've gone to shit defensively in the space of a couple of months and are on the verge of crisis in terms of personal. It really, really irks me that we didn't address that in the summer.

Wenger doesn't like winning things, that's the only conclusion I can draw. This summer was an utter waste. With the right buys, we could've been contenders.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

Stambouli was rancid last night, I'd be surprised if he starts. Most likely Poch simply recalls the players that were rested and it's the same XI from last week, and we will therefore lose.

Nothing can save your midfield from a fresh and recharged Ramsey!

Capoue can't even handle West Brom's midfield, the only way we get something from the game is to pack the middle and play like Rangers that time they went 4-6-0.

Esch

Banned
Wenger doesn't like winning things, that's the only conclusion I can draw. This summer was an utter waste. With the right buys, we could've been contenders.

Don't be so pessimistic m8. How can you say it's a waste when Sanchez has improved several aspects of the gunners game and got us through Besiktas, as well as scoring other goals? Welbeck has his faults, but came together nicely against Villa. Sure the DM and CB positions still need more depth but it's not bad at all.

tbh, i don't know how much of a chance arse would have against chelsea even if they did add more to those positions. Because you know Wenger would have gone for cheaper, yet serviceable options with growth potential and not sure thing buys.

Ushojax

Kicking the Welsh prick in the legs first minute might help.

And with Ade starting that is a likely scenario.

A crunching tackle in the opening seconds is what I want to see. Within reason of course. When we had Parker/Sandro in their prime they made their presence felt immediately, our current guys are far too soft. They don't intimidate anyone.

Baki

Ozil and Cesc are both best at the CAM position but play the role differently, and playing them together wouldn't really work. What we need are Suarez-class strikers to feed off of our midfield and keep opponents off their feet so our midfield can do its job without being pressed into oblivion. I'm hoping Sanchez, Walcott and Welbeck can keep doing that enough - they're not going to be good as Suarez but all three still have some time to peak.

If Wenger hadn't bought Ozil last year, we'd definitely have had Cesc back - just his bad luck and ours. But now Wenger has cast the die with Ozil, and he needs to build the team around him (and a talismanic striker pls) the way he did with Cesc earlier on.

We should've bought Cesc, only 26million.

Scum

A crunching tackle in the opening seconds is what I want to see. Within reason of course. When we had Parker/Sandro in their prime they made their presence felt immediately, our current guys are far too soft. They don't intimidate anyone.

This is why I'm so damn pessimistic. Bunch of soft cunts.

And as for Ade starting, I'd rather give the training cone its debut. 😒

We lack passion and desire in the team.

Walker,even though he has had some bad spells adds some of that. Plus pace which we are crying out for in the league games. Its too much airy fairy passing it around 30 yards from goal and not actually just getting at teams without giving them time to think.

if only we could find a pacey Welsh winger or an intelligent CM

M8 Soldado has played several games for us already..

Ushojax

This is why I'm so damn pessimistic. Bunch of soft cunts.

Ade was absolute dogshit last week but he's normally one of our better players in the big games. Like him or not he's one of our only characters and has big-game experience for some massive clubs. I would always play him in a game like this.

FootballFan

ByaQuCzCcAAsetc.jpg

BULLY at the back looks like Rooneh

Scum

Ade was absolute dogshit last week but he's normally one of our better players in the big games. Like him or not he's one of our only characters and has big-game experience for some massive clubs. I would always play him in a game like this.

That's true. Hopefully he can wind up Wilshere and get him into trouble. 😂

James Richardson has the same theory about Everton and Martinez as me. Vindicated.

The Moyes Effect wearing off and the Wigan Ways seeping in?

Clydefrog

But that one red card a few years back against Arsenal...

Baki

Don't be so pessimistic m8. How can you say it's a waste when Sanchez has improved several aspects of the gunners game and got us through Besiktas, as well as scoring other goals? Welbeck has his faults, but came together nicely against Villa. Sure the DM and CB positions still need more depth but it's not bad at all.

tbh, i don't know how much of a chance arse would have against chelsea even if they did add more to those positions. Because you know Wenger would have gone for cheaper, yet serviceable options with growth potential and not sure thing buys.

That's my point exactly. He doesn't have the mentality of a winner.

Sanchez was a great start - but he failed to address three critical areas of the team. A DM, striker & CB.

When Wenger passed on Fab, people had hoped it was because he was saving money for those 3 areas. But he wasn't, and his incompetence means we've missed out on a WC player for no real reason.

Also £16m for Welbeck is highway robbery. He's shit and was 5th choice at Man U.

Man U replaced RVP before we did. What an utter donkey show on our part. RVP was right, the club lacks ambition. What a fucking tragedy.

PS: if we had bought a DM, CB and a striker. I guarantee dollars to doughnuts we'd be right in that title race (and not just in the EPL).

Esch

Banned
That's my point exactly. He doesn't have the mentality of a winner.

Sanchez was a great start - but he failed to address three critical areas of the team. A DM, striker & CB.

When Wenger passed on Fab, people had hoped it was because he was saving money for those 3 areas. But he wasn't, and his incompetence means we've missed out on a WC player for no real reason.

Also £16m for Welbeck is highway robbery. He's shit and was 5th choice at Man U.

Man U replaced RVP before we did. What an utter donkey show on our part. RVP was right, the club lacks ambition. What a fucking tragedy.

PS: if we had bought a DM, CB and a striker. I guarantee dollars to doughnuts we'd be right in that title race (and not just in the EPL).
I agree with you, but...

Don't know what to say. If you expect Arsenal to be like Chelsea, City, Bayern and just buy the best during their primes essentially.... Don't see it. It's not going to happen, at least not with the administration and manager we have now. The hallmark of Arsenal finances seems to be sustainability uber alles, which i can't really get mad about. I agree that 16 is overpaying for Welbeck, but something tells me he'll ultimately fit in alright at Arsenal with some work. I would have rather had Cavani any day, but what can you do.

I guess we'll just wait and see what the team will look like with an amended defense, if it ever happens.

valeo

I'm a big fan of Sanchez but I think he actually increases the risk of us getting done on the counter - he plays a high-risk game, and loses the ball very often.

This wouldn't matter so much if we had a decent screening midfield, of course.

Meier

A shame the first derby isn't until November. Would be fun to play United right about now. The U-18s beat them within the past week at least.

ATF487

Ugh, I thought Sturridge might be fit for Saturday.

Not sure what will happen, Lukaku could bully the CBs but I think Liverpool will get a fair amount of opportunities given how Everton play. If I could gamble I'd throw a cheeky bet on a 2-2

Also any of you lads buying Fifa on Xbone?

valeo

Tiredness. Week off will do him some good. Ramsey does more running than anyone else in our team he needs to be managed to keep him in top condition.

Bloody phone.

Feel like he's believed his own hype somewhat; then after a couple of poor games he's struggling mentally. Doesn't seem to be a case of fatigue to me.

Elchele

Some things are better some things are worse

Every year they try to balance it and tip it too much in one direction

I think this time they broke more things than the ones they fixed. Maybe with a patch it will get better but right now it is a mess, even the demo felt better

Tiredness. Week off will do him some good. Ramsey does more running than anyone else in our team he needs to be managed to keep him in top condition.

Bloody phone.

We're 6 games into the season and he's Welsh, he's had the whole summer off... its more likely your training which is seemingly breaking the rest of your squad than his match activity.

Fry

Django is not fit for tomorrow? :/

Just saw our last derbys in Anfield. Holy fuck that Gerrard hat trick was so good

And Djangos goals in the last match... Jeebus. We so miss him.

Lightning

Banned
Feel like he's believed his own hype somewhat; then after a couple of poor games he's struggling mentally. Doesn't seem to be a case of fatigue to me.
He's showed clear signs of fatigue to me. Slowing down, lazy passing and when coming off looked exhausted. Maybe he's pushing himself too hard trying to change things? Maybe not fit from that injury he picked up playing for Wales? Who knows. From what I've seen though he looks tired.

Labadal

I just made my ranger squad in Wasteland 2.

Jose Mourinho - Sniper
Luis van Gaal - Melee/Shotguns
Arsene Wenger - Assault Rifles
Brendan Rodgers - Melee/ Energy Weapons

They all have appropriate avatars, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom