• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT6| Daley Blind Is a Hack Of a Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pennywise

How long will you all play?

Ended up quitting to play with some friends last night, I'd need an invite a bit later.
I don't know if dean gave me rights to invite people already, you can also just ask to join if you look for Banter FC.
We didn't play yesterday.

lol, give me at least a lil time:D I'm eating lunch right now haha. We can play in the evening or afternoon! u wanna play clubs or 1vs 1?

Okay, I'll add my shower time on top.
Depending on how many people are online, we can decide what to do.
Just played some random matches with my pro yesterday which was horrible, so I'm looking forward to some proper matches.
If there aren't enough people, we can also just play some normal matchups.

RiggyRob

Yeah I got an email yesterday that said "we are a game company looking to hire English teachers, would you be interested in an interview", so today I do a phone interview and she says "So we said we're a game company... do you play games?"

"Yeah, I play a lot of games"

"Oh, what kind of games do you like?"

"Well my favorite game is called Dark Souls..."

"Ooooooooh... so have you heard of Bloodborne?"

"Yes, I'm really looking forward to it"

"Well this sounds like fate! Our company is Sony Japan Studio and we're looking for a teacher for Mr <cantremembername>, the producer of Bloodborne. We want a teacher who can talk about major issues in the game industry and teach English relevant to those topics."

I'm still in shock at the convo I just had. Going in to the Sony offices starting next Wednesday :lol

Congratulations! Make the most of it.

---

My university's having trials for their Computer Science 11-a- side team on Sunday, I figure I might as well give it a shot even if I end up making a right tit of myself.

I haven't played 11-a-side football in 7 years...

Blablurn

in 2002 ballack became 2nd in champions league, bundesliga and world cup. To make matters worse, he was suspended for the World Cup final. He also lost the league on the last day, 2002 was not his year.

in 2008 in become 2nd in champions league and euro

man. that must suck.

In four seasons at Bayern, Ballack won three doubles.

Jack cw

in 2002 ballack became 2nd in champions league, bundesliga and world cup. To make matters worse, he was suspended for the World Cup final. He also lost the league on the last day, 2002 was not his year.

in 2008 in become 2nd in champions league and euro

man. that must suck.

In four seasons at Bayern, Ballack won three doubles.

Gaf mods know why they gave him to Milch.

Elchele

Peps office is what you expect from him

4,w=650,c=0.bild.jpg

reading the footygaf thread

Elchele

Yeah. I'm super stoked to start. If he seems approachable I'm going to ask him about the rumored multiplayer detail leak to see if its true.

Congrats Odd. I guess you're half joking there, because you should avoid doing exactly those kinds of things if you want to be 'recommended' for more jobs in the same "network".

Blablurn

lol

i got a penalty in the 90th minute because for some reason neuer went out (corner for madrid) and because he stumbled in the box he touched benzema who fell as well then.

what the fuck? the collision engine is kinda strange.

Jack cw

lol

i got a penalty in the 90th minute because for some reason neuer went out (corner for madrid) and because he stumbled in the box he touched benzema who fell as well then.

what the fuck? the collision engine is kinda strange.

There is so much more wrong with this game.
Seriously, who in the world at EA Sports gave this game gold?

jts

...hate me...
#pray4thePortugueseleague

maybe they'll start promoting players from their academies now instead of taking all the south american talent.
The same would happen if they banned foreign take overs in the EPL. In the long run it could make the football in the country better

You'd be surprised with how perversely creative portuguese minds can be.

Cue 4th party ownership.

#desenrascanço

#pray4thePortugueseleague

Ultimately it should be a good thing for them. It will be difficult for them to get the same level of player initially, but they should generate more through player sales in the long run as long as they continue to identify the right players. And in theory more of the money spent on transfers will stay in the game, which is good.

Banning third party ownership would be great but I have no doubt that clubs will find another way to the exact same thing.
It would be great if the other clubs were forced to use more players from their academies. I took a look at Porto, Benfica and Sporting´s squad and the amount of players they had that had came through their academies.
Porto has 3 players, Benfica has 2 while Sporting has 8.

Zabojnik

male_human_e_lg.png

One of Pillars of Eternity's character portraits. :D

Also, I'm enjoying the hell outta Wasteland 2 for now. Core party is Dear Leader (high charisma / meele - blades / demolitions, lockpicking), Eagle-Eye Chico (sniper / field medic), Mother Lev (assault weapons / surgeon) and Pussy (handguns / safecracking).

jts

...hate me...
I played FIFA 15 last night on my friend's PS4.

I agree that fouls are fucked.

My friend got 2 soft pens in the first match he played.

Dribbling seems harder.

Thinking of getting the PS4 FIFA 15 bunduru...

Would still get PES, come November.

maybe they'll start promoting players from their academies now instead of taking all the south american talent.
The same would happen if they banned foreign take overs in the EPL. In the long run it could make the football in the country better

That's wrong. Foreign stars and youth players are a separate issue entirely. Taking away the foreign stars won't suddenly make the youth players better if they start bringing them through. The competition will just be weaker. England need better youth coaching as I understand they have far fewer licensed coaches than in Spain, Netherlands, etc... The licenses are also more expensive. Finally, the approach needs to put more emphasis on technique than physicality.

Elchele

That's wrong. Foreign stars and youth players are a separate issue entirely. Taking away the foreign stars won't suddenly make the youth players better if they start bringing them through. The competition will just be weaker. England need better youth coaching as I understand they have far fewer licensed coaches than in Spain, Netherlands, etc... The licenses are also more expensive. Finally, the approach needs to put more emphasis on technique than physicality.

that's why I said on the long run. Of course there are a lot of changes required, not just putting the current youth players into first division.
but it is the only way to force the changes to happen

K1LLER7

Guys, is the screen-fit issue with FIFA 15 (PS4) on all disc copies?

Going to pick mine up now. My PSN id is on my profile if you want to add me :)

Elchele

Guys, is the screen-fit issue with FIFA 15 (PS4) on all disc copies?

Going to pick mine up now. My PSN id is on my profile if you want to add me :)

I have the digital copy and it doesn't happen to me. I wouldn't buy the game right now if I were you, wait until the patch it (not because of the screen issue, but the huge amount of bugs)

that's why I said on the long run. Of course there are a lot of changes required, not just putting the current youth players into first division.
but it is the only way to force the changes to happen

It may force things to happen, but it's not necessary. They can do these changes now. Blaming foreign stars is a cop out for the English FA and it's a failure to recognize what is holding back youth development. England's national team was shit before the PL started and that was without an abundance of foreign stars. I wonder what their excuse was back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom