• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT6| Daley Blind Is a Hack Of a Player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope Ander is Ok,

who is our next opponent?

gpW8RS3.png

ibfibJM4cuB8UH.gif

Wilbur

Banned
The thing is nobody is even saying United are a great team :lol

Innit :lol. Everyone's kinda agreeing we got away with it but there's positives

Moyes was right. Jagielka has more influence than we ever could have known. He's ruffled the feathers of the coolest man in the world.

I don't really have any complaints about the Falcao sub. Do you guys think he wouldn't be gassed too?

It was one or the other. Considering Falcao is still coming back from a long injury I think it's a fair choice.

Tc91

You can call it pathetic if you like.

Fact is after last week, the lack of confidence and sll the injuries the team showed heart and got the result.

It's not like we're championing the way we played or lauding it as a great performance.

I think this is a case of DAT SALT.

Everyone is salty as fuck:

Daniel Taylor ‏@DTguardian 47s
Sam Allardyce angry with linesman for offside goal. "He's dropped a massive bollock."

datholdupplayy9ibe3.png

K1LLER7

Hopefully this type of win can get some confidence back into the team and especially the back line. Need to stop with the silly mistakes and letting teams get back into games. De Gea pls.

Shaw at Lb and Rafa at Rb is perfect. Shaw is more solid at the back whilst Rafa is great going forward. Both add much needed pace to the team.

McNair looked good. Hope it wasn't a one off and he can play like this consistantly. Wasn't afraid to push forwards with the ball too.

elfinke

All things considered that's an excellent 3 points. Didn't lose the head in the last 30 mins when we so easily could have.

Utd were plenty panicky at the end their, for the most part, but West Ham weren't good enough to put us away. Though in saying that, there is 'panicky' that we saw tonight, which stemmed from a desire to win and show some heart, and then there is 'panicky' like last week, which beggars belief, and words.

Wilbur

Banned
Wilbur please, we kept a clean sheet against Leicester!

Whoops

I was thinking it was 3-1 but that was Burnley wasn't it? We kept a clean sheet against them

United defence > Chelsea defence

Totti has started this game well. He said he wanted a birthday goal and when he wants to score, he usually does.

Surely he wants to score every game lol

I don't really have any complaints about the Falcao sub. Do you guys think he wouldn't be gassed too?

It was one or the other. Considering Falcao is still coming back from a long injury I think it's a fair choice.

Falcao looked far more energetic and full of running; would have helped out in defence more than RVP. You make a good point, but it was just annoying seeing Robin do fuck all.

WJD

Couple of months of proper fixtures now, maybe the team will actually rise to the challenge of the games against tougher opposition?

GorillaJu

The thing is nobody is even saying United are a great team :lol

No but I don't have to be responding to someone else just to make a comment.

I'm not even posting out of frustration of anything, and I'm surprised people are even defending that garbage performance :lol there really are no excuses.

Whoops

I was thinking it was 3-1 but that was Burnley wasn't it? We kept a clean sheet against them

United defence > Chelsea defence

Surely he wants to score every game lol

Falcao looked far more energetic and full of running; would have helped out in defence more than RVP. You make a good point, but it was just annoying seeing Robin do fuck all.
Van Persie did alright. Like what did people want him to do. He got under almost all the long balls and contested the headers.

That's all he had to feed off. Nobody was ever near him to link up or for him to make a run for.

He did fine.

I'm not even posting out of frustration of anything, and I'm surprised people are even defending that garbage performance :lol there really are no excuses.

But we had 10 men Morsel. Like I'd get your point if we did that with 11 men. But we had ten men Morsel.

10 of them.

Wilbur

Banned

Really are no excuses :lol

- Six new players starting, gelling necessary
- Down to ten men for half an hour
- two nineteen year olds in the defence both making their debut
- back four never played together
- three senior centre defenders injured

No excuses :lol :lol :lol

Come off it. It wasn't a good performance. But there absolutely are positives to take from it. You're usually more reasoned than this, it's odd
morsel

Batongen

Banned
I didn't watch the Liverpool game until now, FF and just got to Jagielka's wonder strike. All I could do was laugh and thought to myself, yep, what happened to Jagielka there is like me having a menage a trois.

Manager

Mangala what are you doing haha

Just seen the City/Hull goals. Silly boy.

Dzeko has such a sweet strike man.

He's going complete Nastasic right now, having issues with the high line and offside trap. Really poor positioning today. Nastasic never seemed to learn, hopefully Mangala can.

jesalr

We're gonna get absolutely bodied.

Capoue and Mason in the middle worries me. Mason isn't exactly strong, and Capoue isn't quick.

Wilbur

Banned
How were Blind and Rojo today, objectively speaking?

Blind was decent. Think he gets passed a bit too much, would work well with someone like De Jong or Matic next to him I think, but that might be a bit too negative. I like him and he's impressive in possession, but doesn't really control the midfield.

Rojo was fine; stood out the least of the four defenders but did his job well enough.

Rafael, Shaw and Herrera were the best of our team, and McNair had a class last 15 or so (from what I saw anyway)

GorillaJu

But we had 10 men Morsel. Like I'd get your point if we did that with 11 men. But we had ten men Morsel.

10 of them.

But you had 11 men. It was one of your 11 men that made a huge mistake. Does that not come into play in any assessment? How do you lose your head when you're leading 2-1 at home and you're the captain of your team, the biggest in the league?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom