• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT6| Daley Blind Is a Hack Of a Player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Line up 4231 with Falcao up top

Mata behind him

Januzaj and De Maria on the wings

Blind Herrera in front of defense

Not joking, I am serious.
Well yeah most teams play with one striker in the tougher fixtures these days so it's certainly something that's going to have to be considered at least.

I wouldn't play that way against Everton though I think we should be looking to take them on.

Clegg

The difference between the two sides is hundreds of millions of pounds. West Ham look to have invested their money sort of wisely. We are a better side than last season.

Utd just bid on anything that moved, was unsettled or was on their D list. They are significantly worse off than at the end of last season. Mainly because they didn't replace key players.

Utd have no-one to blame but themselves for the mess they are in.
Think you've got that arseways tbh. The United of last season wouldn't have scored anything against West Ham and still would've conceded one or two. Midfield and attack has been strengthened significantly. Our defence is poor, as it was poor last season as well. The squad still needs work but nobody is saying that it doesn't. But we're a hell of a lot better off than last season imo. Mentality also has to be taken into account. After last season the confidence of the squad must've been shot. Couple that with squad upheaval and things are understandably nervy.

Well yeah most teams play with one striker in the tougher fixtures these days so it's certainly something that's going to have to be considered at least.

I wouldn't play that way against Everton though I think we should be looking to take them on.

Good point about Everton, they look weak defensively. We could diamond against them and put pressure on Barry like Liverpool did today

I feel like just 3 games ago people were singing praises of Markovic when he came off the bench...

His only decent performance was against City off the bench, when he was tidy He's been poor since then.

Suso has played once this season, and he played bloody well. He should be above Markovic, with a view to Markovic doing his adapting from the bench imo.

Xavi Alonso set up a new world record: 204 ball contacts in 90 minutes. Previous record holder was Xavi with 190.

Xabi, ffs

I don't like that stat, since it gives no indication of a player dawdling on the ball. Lallana takes twice as many touches to do the same thing as most players :p

Oh yes! Nothing can top the Cleverley Valencia and young tri fecta.

Di maria, falcao Blind and Herrera... such a downgrade.

We just lack depth and stability at CB position. The injuries will go away sooner or later and we should be able to steam roll most of the competition we face.

I was referring to your defence.

Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra were experienced. They allowed your midfield to be midfielders are not constantly looking over their shoulders wondering when the next cock-up was going to happen.

Imagine this:

For some reason Terry, Ivanovic and Azpilicueta all leave Chelsea for various reasons...

Does Mourinho:

a) replace them with experienced defenders who fit the profile of the team he has in mind.
b) buy a couple of hodge-podge defenders and just wait-it-out hoping for the best.

?

The foolish business wasn't in midfield or up-front (even though they weren't the preferred targets), the foolish business was in defence.

His only decent performance was against City off the bench, when he was tidy He's been poor since then.

Suso has played once this season, and he played bloody well. He should be above Markovic, with a view to Markovic doing his adapting from the bench imo.

I think the whole Liverpool lot have looked worse with Sturridge out (except maybe Hendo and Lallana), e.g. Sterling this game was not up there either.

I wouldn't write off Markovic this quickly, maybe coming of the bench is better for him though as you say.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I hope Man U play some amazing football in their next 3 games so people will finally realise what a dead weight Rooney is.

I was referring to your defence.

Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra were experienced. They allowed your midfield to be midfielders are not constantly looking over their shoulders wondering when the next cock-up was going to happen.

Imagine this:

For some reason Terry, Ivanovic and Azpilicueta all leave Chelsea for various reasons...

Does Mourinho:

a) replace them with experienced defenders who fit the profile of the team he has in mind.
b) buy a couple of hodge-podge defenders and just wait-it-out hoping for the best.

?

The foolish business wasn't in midfield or up-front (even though they weren't the preferred targets), the foolish business was in defence.

hodge-podge?

Shaw doesn't qualify there. That leaves Rojo who I think was not our first target but when others didn't materialize we moved in for him.

GorillaJu

I wonder how Suso feels seeing Markovic play like that

Wish it was a meritocracy tbh, if Markovic had cost £4m there's no chance he'd have started.

We see players 1 day a week, managers see them 7. Don't think Rodgers would be giving starts to Marko if he didn't feel like it was the right decision for the team.

I think the whole Liverpool lot have looked worse with Sturridge out (except maybe Hendo and Lallana), e.g. Sterling this game was not up there either.

I wouldn't write off Markovic this quickly, maybe coming of the bench is better for him though as you say.

I'm sure there's some special quality in there for the price and reputation, but he's struggling to show anything special.

Then again, he's making the same mistakes Sterling made when it looked like his progression had stalled, so maybe he just needs to learn what works and what doesn't with PL defenders. He seems to overrate his own pace, bizarrely

Regardless, I think we'd be a better team at the moment with someone else in the starting lineup, be it Coutinho or Suso, or Sturridge and shift the formation around.

I'm sure there's some special quality in there for the price and reputation, but he's struggling to show anything special.

Then again, he's making the same mistakes Sterling made when it looked like his progression had stalled, so maybe he just needs to learn what works and what doesn't with PL defenders. He seems to overrate his own pace, bizarrely

Regardless, I think we'd be a better team at the moment with someone else in the starting lineup, be it Coutinho or Suso, or Sturridge and shift the formation around.

Honestly, if Sturridge is still injured start with Lambert up front instead of Ballo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom