• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT6| Daley Blind Is a Hack Of a Player

Status
Not open for further replies.
No but I don't have to be responding to someone else just to make a comment.

I'm not even posting out of frustration of anything, and I'm surprised people are even defending that garbage performance :lol there really are no excuses.
Then you think that we think that we are a lot better than we are.

Most United fans probably expected us to lose that game after Rooney got sent off. That's just how bad we are.

Anyway this is going towards some kind of principle based playing the right way type of argument and ain't nobody got time for dat.

Jarnet87

How were Blind and Rojo today, objectively speaking?

Both were alright. Everyone got a bit shaky when we went to 10 men. Rojo was a bit more nervous, got rid of a few balls late that he just could of taken a touch and found a man instead of booting.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
We're gonna get absolutely bodied.

Capoue and Mason in the middle worries me. Mason isn't exactly strong, and Capoue isn't quick.

Eh, without Dembele this is the best we can do. Stambouli, Paulinho and Bentaleb were all shit on Wednesday.

We have to work hard, as long as we show some balls I'll be happy.

Wilbur

Banned
But you had 11 men. It was one of your 11 men that made a huge mistake. Does that not come into play in any assessment? How do you lose your head when you're leading 2-1 at home and you're the captain of your team, the biggest in the league?

How does what Rooney did make the rest of the team accountable for a 'garbage performance'? You're reaching here.

Mile Jedinak when heading home 2-0 today. He surely has the mightiest beard in the Premier League right now?

_77863460_hi024087332.jpg

But you had 11 men. It was one of your 11 men that made a huge mistake. Does that not come into play in any assessment? How do you lose your head when you're leading 2-1 at home and you're the captain of your team, the biggest in the league?

Rooney is hotheaded and a moron. Doesn't matter who we play against or what the score is.

We won. Seems like the defenders actually did well to hold out.

Did you miss the McNair header?

There is holding out and then there is having some sort of control in defence and midfield.

The latter is what is expected of a team with high aspirations. The former is what QPR will do when they take the lead in PL game.

I can understand the panicky defence, but that midfield should have been much better. Tens of millions of talent in that midfield, even at 10 men.

Utd truly are fucked. I'm looking at their injuries and I see people pining for certain players return. Those defenders that are injured are still not good enough for Utd.

I can't understand their transfer dealings. You always shore up from the back. Buying a load of midfielders and strikers is what we (West Ham) do in the vain hope we'll keep opponents out of our half.

We aren't even a good side. We are a bungled mess of players.

Gonna be interesting to see what happens in the next 3 games now that Rooney is out.

Mata played much higher up the pitch than Rooney has done in the last two games. Not sure we will want that against Everton and Chelsea. Then again that was against QPR so it may have been a tactical choice specific to their shitness.

Agreed it was a fucking prick move but you have to react to what happens in a game.

Rooney getting sent off wasn't part of the game plan (philosophy).

We had to adapt with what we have, bearing in mind we just got completely raped last week in similar circumstances. So we obviously weren't going to come out attacking. Nor can you realistically play nice possession football when you're a man down. You have to fight to hold on and we did.

GorillaJu

<3 you guys

I simply can't respond to like 6 different people at once at 1:20am. You got your points and that's reason enough to be happy.

Wilbur

Banned
Gonna be interesting to see what happens in the next 3 games now that Rooney is out.

Mata played much higher up the pitch than Rooney has done in the last two games. Not sure we will want that against Everton and Chelsea. Then again that was against QPR so it may have been a tactical choice specific to their shitness.

Play Herrera there and bring Fletcher in. Idk.

There is holding out and then there is having some sort of control in defence and midfield.

The latter is what is expected of a team with high aspirations. The former is what QPR will do when they take the lead in PL game.

I can understand the panicky defence, but that midfield should have been much better. Tens of millions of talent in that midfield, even at 10 men.

Utd truly are fucked. I'm looking at their injuries and I see people pining for certain players return. Those defenders that are injured are still not good enough for Utd.

I can't understand their transfer dealings. You always shore up from the back. Buying a load of midfielders and strikers is what we (West Ham) do in the vain hope we'll keep opponents out of our half.

We aren't even a good side. We are a bungled mess of players.
And the truth is that United are the same. A bungled mess hoping to build a good side.

That is the main point that you're ignoring.

hiroshawn

Banned
Danny Welbeck & Arsenal 2-0 33/1
Risk US$ 1.00
To WinUS$ 33.00 Danny Welbeck & Arsenal 3-0 55/1
Risk US$ 1.00
To WinUS$ 55.00 Mesut Ozil & Arsenal 3-0 66/1
Risk US$ 1.00
To WinUS$ 66.00 Mesut Ozil & Arsenal 2-0 50/1
Risk US$ 1.00
To WinUS$ 50.00

TeddyBoy

I see Lollerpool conceded a last minute equaliser. Apparently it was a good (or at least better) performance from us compared to the west ham game.

With Allen and Sturridge coming back soon we'll hopefully start picking up points again.

Apparently Markovic was poor, he's finding it hard to adjust to the league like Lamela last season.

Right now I want performances more than results, if you play well the results will come in time. If you get results and play badly you invite complacency.

In the future I'd like:

Valdes
Manquillo-Lovren-Strkel-Moreno
Allen-Gerrard/Rossiter-Henderson
Sterling-Sturridge-Lallana

Rotate Gerrard and Rossiter depending on opposition so we can build Gerrard's successor, next season Gerrard's legs will be even more dead than they are now and I'd like Rossiter to have this season to build into the role (ideally Rossiter would be a couple years older now, he's still got a very slim build).

McNair looked good today.

Rojo looked decent, less mistakes than Blackett in that position at least. But needs to be better playing the ball forward.

Shaw definitely better at LB than Rojo.

Rafael was good. Needs to keep himself in control and under check unlike Rooney and he will have an excellent season.

De Gea needs to pick his game up. For a Senior player when the defense in front of him is dealing with injuries and issues, he can raise his game. Instead he has taken it down 2 notches.

Batongen

Banned
Basel and RM in-between these, but we really, really should win these next 3 home games if we want to get top 4 this year:

West Brom H
QPR A
Hull H

And the truth is that United are the same. A bungled mess hoping to build a good side.

That is the main point that you're ignoring.

The difference between the two sides is hundreds of millions of pounds. West Ham look to have invested their money sort of wisely. We are a better side than last season.

Utd just bid on anything that moved, was unsettled or was on their D list. They are significantly worse off than at the end of last season. Mainly because they didn't replace key players.

Utd have no-one to blame but themselves for the mess they are in.

McNair looked good today.

Rojo looked decent, less mistakes than Blackett in that position at least. But needs to be better playing the ball forward.

Shaw definitely better at LB than Rojo.

Rafael was good. Needs to keep himself in control and under check unlike Rooney and he will have an excellent season.

De Gea needs to pick his game up. For a Senior player when the defense in front of him is dealing with injuries and issues, he can raise his game. Instead he has taken it down 2 notches.
McNair did do really well. Actually had shit to cope with unlike Blackenbauer.

Oh yeah De Gea really needs to sort his fucking distribution out. Wtf has happened there?

Fuck knows man. The two CBs too. It saps happiness from me.

GorillaJu

I see Lollerpool conceded a last minute equaliser. Apparently it was a good (or at least better) performance from us compared to the west ham game.

With Allen and Sturridge coming back soon we'll hopefully start picking up points again.

Apparently Markovic was poor, he's finding it hard to adjust to the league like Lamela last season.

Right now I want performances more than results, if you play well the results will come in time. If you get results and play badly you invite complacency.

Yep all those things are true. I cared more about playing well than winning coming into the game and we played well but the equalizer was heartbreaking.

Markovic was pretty bad, had a few good moments but really needs to settle into the team in training and as a sub. He's not in our best XI.

The difference between the two sides is hundreds of millions of pounds. West Ham look to have invested their money sort of wisely. We are a better side than last season.

Utd just bid on anything that moved, was unsettled or was on their D list. They are significantly worse off than at the end of last season. Mainly because they didn't replace key players.

Right.

Everyone pretty much agrees with that (apart from being worse off, strange comment IMO).

And it pretty much confirms what I said, that we like you are a bungled mess. Just a more expensive one. And probably why we'll finish well ahead if you this season.

Play Herrera there and bring Fletcher in. Idk.

Line up 4231 with Falcao up top

Mata behind him

Januzaj and De Maria on the wings

Blind Herrera in front of defense

Not joking, I am serious.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Genuinely happy that Mata will play, i hope he bosses it

Tony Strudwick.

Yep all those things are true. I cared more about playing well than winning coming into the game and we played well but the equalizer was heartbreaking.

Markovic was pretty bad, had a few good moments but really needs to settle into the team in training and as a sub. He's not in our best XI.

I wonder how Suso feels seeing Markovic play like that

Wish it was a meritocracy tbh, if Markovic had cost £4m there's no chance he'd have started.

pappe

Oh yes! Nothing can top the Cleverley Valencia and young tri fecta.

Di maria, falcao Blind and Herrera... such a downgrade.

We just lack depth and stability at CB position. The injuries will go away sooner or later and we should be able to steam roll most of the competition we face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom