• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT6| Daley Blind Is a Hack Of a Player

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the Football Manager fans here:

milesSI: For those awaiting news on #FM15 in October - it'll all tie in with the documentary release. New features video to debut on October 7th.

milesSI: There'll be one main video this year with lots of information in it. Then a few little things. And lots to discover when the #FM15 releases.

Blablurn

for the new page

vilx3pmg4dgb.jpg

scently

Yeah, so I am posting this again.

He really has been so good for us thus far. I really hope he isn't injured.

On another note, since none here are willing to say it; Here is to Wayne Rooney, 10yrs of fantastic (and sometimes frustrating) memories. From the hattrick on his debut, through clapping off the ref, the volley at newcastle, the partnership with CR7 which brought us back after a few years off the top, to the over head kick winner against Man city.....and so much more in between.

Here is to more outstanding performances and memories in the future.

Batongen

Banned
I think I destroyed my back playing five-a-side today. Sigh, haven't been to the chiropractor in five years, but probably time for it again. Oh, to be in the twenties again..

jts

...hate me...
I feel like we're missing something or someone regarding the latest discussion, but can't quite put my finger on it.

Clegg

Rooney wouldn't even be in the top 5.
Best
Charlton
Giggs
Law
Keane

Would be the top 5 for a lot of United fans I think. Then Scholes, Robson and Schmeichel maybe? Not too sure I'd put Ronaldo down because he didn't stick around for long enough. Same story with Cantona.

Linius

Best
Charlton
Giggs
Law
Keane

Would be the top 5 for a lot of United fans I think. Then Scholes, Robson and Schmeichel maybe? Not too sure I'd put Ronaldo down because he didn't stick around for long enough.

Where's Ruud? Or Van der Sar? Thought these two made quite the impression in Manchester?

Clegg

Where's Ruud? Or Van der Sar? Thought these two made quite the impression in Manchester?
They did. Both were brilliant for United.

But all time greatest players in the clubs history? I think VdS might be up for discussion, but, to put it bluntly, we didn't win enough when Ruud was at the club for him to merit a place in a hypothetical top 10. Perhaps that's unfair to him but United is such a successful club that trophies won have to be brought into account.

Wilbur

Banned
Best
Charlton
Giggs
Law
Keane

Would be the top 5 for a lot of United fans I think. Then Scholes, Robson and Schmeichel maybe? Not too sure I'd put Ronaldo down because he didn't stick around for long enough. Same story with Cantona.

This would be the top ten.

pappe

Rio, Vidic, Ronaldo, Scholes, Beckham and Giggs will all be ahead of him when it comes to ranking our most important players.

And I am just considering the most recent history.

Wilbur

Banned
Susan banned for that?! Hahahahahaha

Sensational

It's as if he wasn't joking

Was it Wes

Mumei

KABOUTER

Fuckroll

Bish

Evilore pls bring back the budo

frU10tR.png
frU10tR.png
frU10tR.png
frU10tR.png
frU10tR.png

edit oh I meant duckroll

dat Freudian slip

Clegg

Beckham is up there too. He has his begrudgers as he was the player who really ushered in the era of footballers as brand names. But at his best he was world class and vital to the way United played.

scently

Yeah, read that earlier today and its a very accurate depiction of where Rooney is in relation to Man Utd. He will end up as the top scorer in Utd history (at least for a while) but he will probably not be remembered as much as the other players on that list as things stand.

To me though, he alongside CR7 will always be special players as I became a utd fan during the three-year period in which we didn't win anything.

Anyway I am just commemorating his 10yrs at the club because irrespective of whatever has happened with him and the club, he has given us 10 years of memories imho, good and bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom