• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT6| Daley Blind Is a Hack Of a Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Never really seen it. Seen scenes and bits. Watching it through for the first time proper.

Fucking stupendous movie, hope you enjoy it.

We watched it with my little brother for the first time a few weeks ago. He said "I didn't know a film about nothing could be so good" :3

One of my mum and dad's favourites as well. I remember them telling me they went to see it because they liked the poster and they were just fucking blown away, had never seen anything like it

Blablurn

This was the best. Only show up to half the classes, when actually there just play football manager, and still get pretty good exams.

Basically :/

And now I have to worry about health insurance and job interviews.

We need a fucking time machine.

Of course not everything is bad about these days.

But I miss the simple life. I worry about way too much shit these days.

Wilbur

Banned
Thinking about watching Collateral. Haven't seen it in a while.

I haven't seen it for ages either. Remember liking it but it being a bit boring whenever Cruise wasn't on the screen.

Gone Girl out next week, looking forward to that. And Nightcrawler out soon too, that looks brilliant.

Love this time of year for films, now until jan is when all the heavyweights come out.

Elchele

Basically :/

And now I have to worry about health insurance and job interviews.

We need a fucking time machine.

Of course not everything is bad about these days.

But I miss the simple life. I worry about way too much shit these days.

do you live with your parents?

Blablurn

do you live with your parents?

Right now I do. But they are not here for the greater part of the year. They are in Greece since May.

In other news:

BypdErXIYAIa9sB.png:large

Wilbur

Banned
Yeah, I wanna see Gone Girl too, the reviews make it seem better than the previews suggest.

always trust in Fincher m8

Lloyd is too young to realise it's about Uma's feet.

The start where they're talking about the foot massage, his eyes were as wide as Stephen Merchant's. All that pussy eating talk, madness.

Christ I'm a ten minute walk away from home and my arsehole is aching. I need to go. That's another thing I miss about school, hanging around in the woods for three hours every day, shitting and pulling papers out of my maths book to wipe.

El Topo

Yeah, I wanna see Gone Girl too, the reviews make it seem better than the previews suggest.

I bought the book, then learned that they're going to make it a movie and never bothered reading it. Hopefully it'll pay off.

Edit:
It's out on Thursday? Wow. Also it seems it got amazing reviews in German media.

Slizz

always trust in Fincher m8

The start where they're talking about the foot massage, his eyes were as wide as Stephen Merchant's. All that pussy eating talk, madness.

Christ I'm a ten minute walk away from home and my arsehole is aching. I need to go. That's another thing I miss about school, hanging around in the woods for three hours every day, shitting and pulling papers out of my maths book to wipe.

Wasn't even really knocking the previews for it or anything, just when I started reading reviews for it they made it seem even better.

Timurid

I saw gone girl on Friday at the NY FF. It was really really fucking good. Ben Affleck is really fucking tall. I just finished watching Map to the Stars. That film is wack. Next film I'm going to see is the film fest's surprise screening then whiplash right after.

Wilbur

Banned
I saw gone girl on Friday at the NY FF. It was really really fucking good. Ben Affleck is really fucking tall. I just finished watching Map to the Stars. That film is wack. Next film I'm going to see is the film fest's surprise screening then whiplash right after.

I'm glad to see Affleck's made his way back. Quieter renaissance than McConaughey (and obviously spread out so it had less impact), but he's hardly put a foot wrong since Gone Baby Gone. Three good movies directed, worked with Fincher and Malick, became Batman... good shit.

K1LLER7

Started Boardwalk Empire (season 2) yesterday. Season 1 was really good but this 2nd season has started a bit slow, hopefully things pick up.

L1NETT

Love this time of year for films, now until jan is when all the heavyweights come out.

Aye. Wanna check out at some point;

The Gambler
Interstellar
Inherent Vice
The Way He looks, (or is it way he looks, the...dunno)
Set Fire to the Stars

Oh and folks need to go see Pride.

Ah shit yeah Map to the Stars..right need to check that out.

Wilbur

Banned
Literally was seconds away from shitting myself. Just made it. It reeks.

Started Boardwalk Empire (season 2) yesterday. Season 1 was really good but this 2nd season has started a bit slow, hopefully things pick up.

Seasons 2, 3 and 4 are all leagues above 1, and all of them do the Boardwalk thing of moving slower than a hippo for half the season and then ramping up.

His 'Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' adaptation was disappointing (but still good) though. Any reason they never made a sequel?

I guess for that reason, it wasn't seen as great (although I still prefer it to the book)

As for his others, Fight Club, Zodiac, Benjamin Button and Social Network (maybe panic room?) were all adaptations and they're all better than their source.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Talisca1.gif

hey guys, maybe you should...I dont know...foul him? just saying

Im glad they didnt tho, top of the league 4 points ahead from second place :p

Panic room wasn't very good, but trying to figure out of Kristen Stewart was a boy or a girl through the whole movie was kind of memorable. Not sure if it's based on a book either, but I'm sure the book is shit if it exists.
dPrJaGc.png

Clegg

Didn't show it during the game.

Shaw was great though. He and Di Maria down the left could be amazing. Dat pace and class.
Only thing about that is Di Maria won't always be on the left. He's nominally a central player but he drifts everywhere. Shaw doesn't have a great attacking game as of yet so if he's asked to provide that on the left whilst Di Maria is elsewhere we might be lacking a bit.

Hixx

Alien3 was fucking SHITE but it was a film that just never needed to be made.

At least I could finish watching it though, unlike 4. Smh. What a horrendous film.

But Fincher made Fight Club so, you know, swings and roundabouts innit. Nah mean?

El Topo

Alien3 was fucking SHITE but it was a film that just never needed to be made.

At least I could finish watching it though, unlike 4. Smh. What a horrendous film.

But Fincher made Fight Club so, you know, swings and roundabouts innit. Nah mean?

You should watch the Director's Assembly Cut of Alien 3. Not mindblowing, but quite a bit better than the original version.

Wilbur

Banned
To be fair to Fincher, alien3 wasn't really his film. Studio went repeatedly over his head. But it was a first movie so he didn't have much power

I randomly remembered that crap Sam Allardyce was talking earlier this year about LvG and tactics so I'm really glad we beat them.

Go Louis.

Scum

I have a week off near the end of Nov and another week off early Dec. I don't want to spend it doing bugger all. Help me out with some nice cities to visit, lads. 3 nights.

How's Istanbul?

K1LLER7

Only thing about that is Di Maria won't always be on the left. He's nominally a central player but he drifts everywhere. Shaw doesn't have a great attacking game as of yet so if he's asked to provide that on the left whilst Di Maria is elsewhere we might be lacking a bit.
He needs to work on his final ball/crossing, but its good to finally have a LB who's able to run up and down the left, and he doesn't get caught out of position much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom