• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT6| Daley Blind Is a Hack Of a Player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone ever play that Fifa RTWC that they released in 2006? There was a challenge where you had to come back as Australia against the Solomon Islands or someone like that. A team of nobodies and they played like late 80s Milan. I never managed to do it.

Did anyone ever play that Fifa RTWC that they released in 2006? There was a challenge where you had to come back as Australia against the Solomon Islands or someone like that. A team of nobodies and they played like late 80s Milan. I never managed to do it.

I loved World Cup 2002, with the stupid graphical effects when you hit a shot with power and it had a red trail on the ball :D

Blablurn

Xabi Alonso's ball touches on Saturday

BytR0FLIUAAgXVb.jpg:large

Jack cw

PES is far from being a complete game.
It has it's flaws just like Fifa.
While I agree that Konami did a better job because Fifa had a foundation they build Fifa 15 on and PES did not, PES is still broken in some parts and has some issues.
That's why I said they can make a really good PES if they keep up the good work, it's still a long way to go....

Konami should also spent more ressources on different modes, Fifa has build up alot of stuff people are enjoying beyond the usual matches.
It's not like they're developers are doing much anyway, apart from MGS and PES.

Penny pls.
PES is not broken, not that fundamentally as FIFA at the moment. It's simply more fun and that is what counts. If there was a perfect game, then why spending time and money to create something that will never be as good as this one. Konami had the better game already last year but the horrible input lag and old netcode were the problems. This time they have a European branch doing most of the online part and gameplaywise they were able to beat FIFA in most aspects.

And game development isnt as easy or black and white as you think, Konami isnt that wealthy anymore and the PES series has only a small precentage of the budget that MGS has. You can only do so much and what they did with those limited resources is pretty damn good. Something Dortmund could learn from.

Wayne Veysey ‏@wayneveysey 14s

Told Ramsey will miss 6 weeks with hamstring strain. Grade 2 hamstring (ie partial tear of the muscle)

Wayne Veysey ‏@wayneveysey 12s

Also... Arteta will miss 2-3 weeks with a calf strain. Koscielny is struggling with achilles problem & touch and go for Galatasaray on Wed.

EmiPrime

Not really disgraceful, you have always traditionally been the 4th team of London. Doubt that has really changed.

I remember seeing Chelsea employees trying to sell tickets for league games at Waterloo station even though they had won the league the previous season. Don't know if they still do that (haven't used Waterloo for a while) but it was really desperate.

Arsenal then Spurs are definitely the biggest teams in London by a fair margin.

Blablurn

Penny pls.
PES is not broken, not that fundamentally as FIFA at the moment. It's simply more fun and that is what counts. If there was a perfect game, then why spending time and money to create something that will never be as good as this one. Konami had the better game already last year but the horrible input lag and old netcode were the problems. This time they have a European branch doing most of the online part and gameplaywise they were able to beat FIFA in most aspects.

And game development isnt as easy or black and white as you think, Konami isnt that wealthy anymore and the PES series has only a small precentage of the budget that MGS has. You can only do so much and what they did with those limited resources is pretty damn good. Something Dortmund could learn from.

iX2eDlPdjdOky.gif

I remember seeing Chelsea employees trying to sell tickets for league games at Waterloo station even though they had won the league the previous season. Don't know if they still do that (haven't used Waterloo for a while) but it was really desperate.

Arsenal then Spurs are definitely the biggest teams in London by a fair margin.

Yep, I would say say they are bigger internationally compared to us or Spurs, but we are both still bigger than them in the city.

Passes, crosses, shots, headers and tackles.

Makes no sense in that case, if Blablurn's stat of 190 passes, 210 touches is right. In that case, only 20 of his touches would have been control, shots or tackles, which would leave a ridiculous number of first-time passes

And I know for a fact that Alonso has always favoured taking a couple of touches before releasing the ball

Makes no sense in that case, if Blablurn's stat of 190 passes, 210 touches is right. In that case, only 20 of his touches would have been control, shots or tackles, which would leave a ridiculous number of first-time passes

touches just mean when he first makes contact with a ball. Not how many touches he then goes on to make. He made initial contacted with the ball 200 odd times and of those 190 resulted in passes.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Fifa RTWC 98 is still the single greatest football game ever, minus Beckham on the cover. The game was worth it alone for indoor 5 a side mode.
Yes, it had everything; countries, a hype as fuck intro with Blur, character edit, stadium edits, indoor footy, better ref and goalkeeper AI than 15. What a time to have been alive.

Pennywise

Penny pls.

I'm not talking about a perfect game, not even PES 5+6 we're perfect games, allthough they were near perfection.
We know what they're capable of, they are still far from being great games.
PES is to slow and unresponsive in some parts, the animations are finally better, but still not good enough.
They we're not able to write a godamn proper netcode for how many games ?
It's just they couldn't even up with the basics...it looks like they are on the right way this time around, it's still not enough yet.

I know Konamis situation, but they need to invest something.
We know that they can't compare with EA, but over the years when Konami kept fucking up and didn't deliever a proper game with so many functioning problems, what did EA do ?
They worked on their game and made it better, but just not the game itself, also everything surrounding it.
Pro Clubs,FUT and alot more.

Back when PES was great, we we're cheering about 2 on 2 or a great training mode, but this is in the past and people are just expecting more.

And I'm sorry Dortmund has no manager that speculated so lovely that he speculated himself into a cell.

Yes, it had everything; countries, a hype as fuck intro with Blur, character edit, stadium edits, indoor footy, better ref and goalkeeper AI than 15. What a time to have been alive.

Gaming today is so shoddy. I really blame online connectivity. Developers know they can make half arsed games and then patch it later if they have to.

Meier

Ramsey is out for 6 weeks. The dream is dead Shad.

I dropped him for Fabregas prior to this week's fixtures and then Cesc got just 2 points. Figures. Ramsey had not looked quite as dangerous the past few weeks so the time was right but a shame I didn't do it a week earlier.

Rikkun

Those fucking challenges. I had to sweat a lot

fake edit: there you go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXAgW_PwmHk

From my old YT channel.
Me from the past also put some help in a comment, just try to walk with the ball or keep doing one-twos, through passes are stupid.

I wish avaya posted here more.

avaya said:
To make the cars more difficult to drive you need to return to genuinely powerful engines with unforgiving torque.

The return to balls out sprint racing moving away from 'managed' endurance farces we have seen for the last 6yrs. Be on the fucking limit at all times. Will separate the shit cunts from the rest.

The ability to have more than one fucking chassis in the weekend, so if you total it in practice you still have a fucking car for the race because jesus christ just because some fucking pikey cunts at the back can't afford a car with a packet of fucking crisps doesn't mean everyone needs to be a pikey fuck.

The rest of Prost's comments about it being difficult to drive - tough shit Alain, your era was pre-fitness regime. The only thing you have a point about regarding physicality is a return to stick shifting. The rest is rubbish.

My F1 finished after 2002. The farce rules crept in post 2002 and the over reaction to Ferraristone.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=132119483&postcount=20

Wilbur

Banned
Pikey cunts hahaha

I can't really watch F1 anymore. Not enough drama in most races. I'll watch the highlights of good ones.

3Sixty

Trying to get my hands on a cheap android phone off eBay while is get my Xperia sorted cus this Nokia windows phone I'm using is fucking dogshit.

Fucking phones holding decent value. How can i not get like a bloody Galaxy S2 for less than £80? who the fuck is buying them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom