• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT6| Daley Blind Is a Hack Of a Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

Banned
Manchester City's entire attitude this season is disgraceful. You have that moron Pellegrini moaning about their CL group, writing off their league chances at the start of the season, whining over referees and basically anything that muppet can moan about while ignoring the fact Man City should be beating Stoke at home, beating Roma at home.

The investment into City most teams would dream off. They only have themselves to blame because they should be on level with Bayern and co but their results are not.

GorillaJu

They kind of explained it, but imo it didn't come across too well during the quick look, and I understand that the sort of progression they are aiming for is hard to show during a 1 hour play session when it is an over time thing.

I do think that the nemesis system seems neat, but I didn't get much out of the quicklook. Also, the combat looked like this often:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yQzDbv6rS8

which I though undermined the whole "tactical approach" to each different captain fight a bit.

Sure but you could really do this same thing in a lot of beat em 'up games. You play it in the simplest way and it'll end up just mashing the same button over and over. There are so many sequences in games that, taken in a vacuum and out of context, it can look head scratchingly dull.

He spent a lot more time fighting than he needed to because he didn't use any abilities, executions, ranged attacks, grapples etc. he just slowly chipped down at a group of enemies. If you take advantage of the controls available to you, you can make short work of enemy mobs, you'll get more Exp out of it and obviously it'll be more engaging from your perspective.

It's definitely worth pointing out that the game requires very little at the bare minimum level because it's very forgiving about execution windows for dodging and countering—it's not like Dark Souls where if you mistime your dodge by a fraction of a second you're choking on demon dick. That said, despite that it's easy at it's core, it's not boring.

Scum

Manchester City's entire attitude this season is disgraceful. You have that moron Pellegrini moaning about their CL group, writing off their league chances at the start of the season, whining over referees and basically anything that muppet can moan about while ignoring the fact Man City should be beating Stoke at home, beating Roma at home.

The investment into City most teams would dream off. They only have themselves to blame because they should be on level with Bayern and co but their results are not.

Mancini's City, innit.

Lightning

Banned
I'm a bit behind. Did that idiot Wayne Veysey suggest Sanchez got dropped for disrupting Arsenal's passing style or slowing things down? You've gotta be nuts to believe that shite.

Wenger more likely understands that Sanchez first season in the league where we play a lot of games and Sanchez puts in tonnes of effort into his games that he needs rest. Simple rotation is what I put that down to and Wenger needs to do that with other players too.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
I'm a bit behind. Did that idiot Wayne Veysey suggest Sanchez got dropped for disrupting Arsenal's passing style or slowing things down? You've gotta be nuts to believe that shite.

Wenger more likely understands that Sanchez first season in the league where we play a lot of games and Sanchez puts in tonnes of effort into his games that he needs rest. Simple rotation is what I put that down to and Wenger needs to do that with other players too.

no m8
campbell is going to like the emirates' seats, whever he likes it or not

jtb

Banned

Still, Wenger should have dropped him for the League Cup match instead of for a very important league game. The gamble backfired twice—didn't win the cup game anyways and dropped points in a match we couldn't afford to.

Lightning

Banned
Still, Wenger should have dropped him for the League Cup match instead of for a very important league game. The gamble backfired twice—didn't win the cup game anyways and dropped points in a match we couldn't afford to.
Yeah it backfired but I would rather drop points against Spurs then risk a Sanchez injury. I think Wenger really wanted to win the cup game that's why he risked Sanchez. Didn't pay off for us unfortunately.

You can see with Wilshere. Was risked for both Southampton and Spurs and now probably won't start against Gala so that was a backfire too.

jtb

Banned
Wenger needs to just play the kids in the League Cup until the semis.

It's just a good opportunity for the kids to get first team action, for the fans to get excited about players potentially breaking through, and you know the players are absolutely going to be up for it. As they should. (as opposed to the Arshavins and Chamakhs of the world who had already long checked out whenever they played in these matches) this hybrid first team/rotation/all those fringe players who can't get minutes is just doomed from the start because none of these players give a shit about a minor match in a minor tournament, half the team has never played with one another, and it just puts even more miles on these ridiculously overworked players.

I don't like Wenger's current selection policies and it hasn't worked anyways.

Yeah it backfired but I would rather drop points against Spurs then risk a Sanchez injury. I think Wenger really wanted to win the cup game that's why he risked Sanchez. Didn't pay off for us unfortunately.

You can see with Wilshere. Was risked for both Southampton and Spurs and now probably won't start against Gala so that was a backfire too.

We have so little depth as is. I'm baffled that Wenger is willing to play these first team players so often. A month into the season and we're already in a borderline injury crisis. It's a problem.

Why would he rotate him out when he's been your best player so far this season? Ramsey last year came back from injury and was one of the best players in the league and Wenger played him as much as possible. That suggests to me he would do the same with Sanchez unless something bad happened in training or elsewhere.

Lightning

Banned
Why would he rotate him out when he's been your best player so far this season? Ramsey last year came back from injury and was one of the best players in the league and Wenger played him as much as possible. That suggests to me he would do the same with Sanchez unless something bad happened in training or elsewhere.
Ramsey also got injured and our season fell apart as a result. Özil perfect injury record upon coming to Arsenal and then we play him every week for 90 minutes and boom does hamstring. Wenger probably doesn't want the same thing with Sanchez and have him scoring 14 goals until christmas and then getting injured due to us not resting him, that's what happened last season to both Ramsey and Özil.

Fact is we should have beaten Spurs regardless with the players we had on the pitch. It wasn't that we didn't start Sanchez that cost us those points, it was our execution on the day that cost us those precious points.

I am so happy for Totti becoming the oldest goalscorer in European history. It his testament to his will and skill that he has this achievement. He has never really had stability at club level with 17 managers in his time at Roma. But he has always worked hard and changed his position and adapted to what the manager has required. You just have to hear about how past teammates and managers talk about him in training to know that he has kept himself in great physical condition.

Watching him continues to be a great joy. He was exceptional last night, especially as a 38 year old that has started three games in a week. His movement was exceptional as always and he made a couple great passes that with a bit of guts from Florenzi, and skill from Gervinho, could have resulted in goals. It was disgraceful that Man City had to result to dirty tactics to keep fouling Totti in the second half.

And what a fitting record breaking goal, pure Totti, a little chip over the keeper that has been his career bread and butter. Hopefully he will continue to score and push the record further.

GREATEST ITALIAN ATTACKING PLAYER OF ALL TIME.

Manzepi

Neo Member
ARP3986198_mediagallery-page.jpg

NilgP_.gif

Oh boy what a night, just unreal <3 so much sweating and screaming (that's what she said)

Fantastic match by the little Marco, this guy is insane ! Plus, my man Matuidi, Luiz, Sirigod, DAT Motta..
We're so beautifull when we play real clubs..

On the contrary Cavani was so so shit, even Bahebeck would have score one of his many occasions, I wasn't even able to believe it.. The guy deserve to leave at the end of the season, it's just not possible

<3 PARIS FUCK'IN CITE <3

tri_willy

In reality, we know what will happen.

Raises an interesting discussion though, how do you approach the matter of a club refusing to release a player for international duty on the grounds of (justifiable) concerns as to the wellbeing of the player?

Edit: for those that missed the quotes, Brendan basically said Sturridge will not be fit for England, even if he can play v West Brom on saturday.

technically, brendan is right, should sturridge play the game against wba, he won't be fit for international duty. if fucking roy cant meet brendan's demands for sturry to go by his schedule then roy should just fuck off, incompetent pudgy fuck

valeo

I am so happy for Totti becoming the oldest goalscorer in European history. It his testament to his will and skill that he has this achievement. He has never really had stability at club level with 17 managers in his time at Roma. But he has always worked hard and changed his position and adapted to what the manager has required. You just have to hear about how past teammates and managers talk about him in training to know that he has kept himself in great physical condition.

Watching him continues to be a great joy. He was exceptional last night, especially as a 38 year old that has started three games in a week. His movement was exceptional as always and he made a couple great passes that with a bit of guts from Florenzi, and skill from Gervinho, could have resulted in goals. It was disgraceful that Man City had to result to dirty tactics to keep fouling Totti in the second half.

And what a fitting record breaking goal, pure Totti, a little chip over the keeper that has been his career bread and butter. Hopefully he will continue to score and push the record further.

Totti is a complete legend, no doubt. Has far more class than Del Piero.

GorillaJu

technically, brendan is right, should sturridge play the game against wba, he won't be fit for international duty. if fucking roy cant meet brendan's demands for sturry to go by his schedule then roy should just fuck off, incompetent pudgy fuck

The dumbest thing about this international duty is that they're training and preparing for an event still almost 2 years away. Too many things can change in that time that there's very little value in desperately trying to get your best players to gel in preparation. In the grand scheme of things this friendly (and qualifer?) will mean absolutely nothing. It's certainly not worth risking injury for a player just coming back from one.

Draconian

That's an amazing/ridiculous stat.

Totti is a legend. He made Kompany look quite bad indeed.

hiroshawn

Banned
ARP3986198_mediagallery-page.jpg

NilgP_.gif

Oh boy what a night, just unreal <3 so much sweating and screaming (that's what she said)

Fantastic match by the little Marco, this guy is insane ! Plus, my man Matuidi, Luiz, Sirigod, DAT Motta..
We're so beautifull when we play real clubs..

On the contrary Cavani was so so shit, even Bahebeck would have score one of his many occasions, I wasn't even able to believe it.. The guy deserve to leave at the end of the season, it's just not possible

<3 PARIS FUCK'IN CITE <3

WOW that's a defender. Where can I download the match?

GorillaJu

What sort of numbers signify class?

www.pulga.com/toni_kroos

I just saw the Hummels quotes. Doesn't care about United interest, then sticks the boot in:

"There are some [who stay at one club for their whole careers], and they are all really great players. Paolo Maldini of Milan, for example, or Steven Gerrard. I would have been so happy for him if he had won the championship with Liverpool."

Damn damn damn. Hummels your heart is almost as beautiful as your face.

What sort of numbers signify class?

A 38 years old football player can't be at the center of all offensive maneuvers of a team if he isn't extremely skilled and has incommensurable class.
I am romanista since my birth and Totti, 234 goals scored with Roma, is an incredible assist man, impossible to count all the class passages he has made in his career.

www.pulga.com/toni_kroos

I just saw the Hummels quotes. Doesn't care about United interest, then sticks the boot in:

"There are some [who stay at one club for their whole careers], and they are all really great players. Paolo Maldini of Milan, for example, or Steven Gerrard. I would have been so happy for him if he had won the championship with Liverpool."

;_;

GorillaJu

Indeed. It's like how when people talk about Messi and Ronaldo it has to be that one is better than the other, and worse, diehard fans often just claim the other one is shit because they've picked their side.

FootballFan

Indeed. It's like how when people talk about Messi and Ronaldo it has to be that one is better than the other, and worse, diehard fans often just claim the other one is shit because they've picked their side.

Messi > Ronaldo

Admit it pete.

Sterling > Januzaj :(

Valdes > Mignolet

GorillaJu

Messi > Ronaldo

Admit it pete.

Sterling > Januzaj :(

Valdes > Mignolet

I didn't mean that one can't be better than the other, it's just a shame that every time one name comes up it's in that negative context. I can talk about Sterling without comparing him to Januzaj, but whenever Messi comes up it's always about what he can do compared to Ronaldo and vice versa.

Like you wanna talk about Totti's abilities wtf is the point of throwing in "better than Del Piero" at the end except but to troll?

FootballFan

I didn't mean that one can't be better than the other, it's just a shame that every time one name comes up it's in that negative context. I can talk about Sterling without comparing him to Januzaj, but whenever Messi comes up it's always about what he can do compared to Ronaldo and vice versa.

Look man, Messi is like a year and a half younger, both on same goals in CL. You do the maths.

Admit it.

Haha just kidding m8. <3

Batongen

Banned
Apparently Harrison Ford has been 'pub crawling' in London the last week or so, I have two different sightings from two different friends. I guess the old man needs some rest after all that hard work for shooting Star Wars.

Arnie

www.pulga.com/toni_kroos

ffs

GorillaJu

We'll see if Rossiter plays tonight, I'm wondering if Rodgers is more open to playing him in Europe because its less physical than the BPL.

Please let his hype be real :(

He scored in under 10 minutes on his Liverpool first team debut. He's clearly the next Gerrard.

For real though, how great would it be to have a fucking nasty little wonderkid of a defensive mid, a local, coming through and representing the club. Too good to be true, which is why it won't be.

Arnie

He scored in under 10 minutes on his Liverpool first team debut. He's clearly the next Gerrard.

For real though, how great would it be to have a fucking nasty little wonderkid of a defensive mid, a local, coming through and representing the club. Too good to be true, which is why it won't be.
He even wears Umbro.

Boss.

Both Del Piero and Totti are pure class on the football pitch. I know I joke about not liking Del Piero because of that 2000 final, but I really do adore him and feel so lucky to have witnessed him at Juve for so long.

The 2006 semi final second goal will always be one of my favourite goals of all time because it sums up both players perfectly. Totti collecting the ball from Canna and doing an overhead kick pass to Gilardino who then slotted it to Del Piero for a trademark finish.

And as Yurt says, they both are completely different players but have been lumped together because of the number 10. Totti was always more of a playmaker while Del Boy was really a second striker.

GorillaJu

My new coworker (a middle-aged Japanese dude) is a huge Flamengo fan. Feels really random given that the Brazilian league gets so little exposure here, but he's a huge nut. I told him my true premface colors and he knew of pretty much every Brazilian player in the league. He likes Lucas a lot.

Costa got hurt? Didn't Jose just come out like 2 or 3 weeks ago claiming Costa could only play 1 game a week?

Yeah he said he at the moment, couldn't play more than once a week, as he still had some smaller injuries. He also said he might play against Arsenal already, so clearly the situation is getting better.

K1LLER7

www.pulga.com/toni_kroos

Hummels is overrated.

It's all bout Paddy McNair and his boss headers.

Salazar

What a great day for my Roma shirt to arrive.

Would be surprised if we see McNair again this season. Dude isn't big enough yet.

Probably right. But the injury cataclysm can't be predicted.

NFL OT thread :lol

Soccer doesn't really have this. Like basketball, its a running game, but it doesn't have enough scoring to allow for changes in momentum that are easily observed. Soccer's momentum changes are subtle. Then there's the constant climax denial soccer provides everytime somebody gets close to the goal or kicks a corner- that shit gets old after awhile.

Someone show this motherfucker some Best League

City fans boo'ed him off :lol

Those that were there anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom