• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT6| Daley Blind Is a Hack Of a Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikkun

Totti is a cunt and an awesome player, a true legend.
Poulsen is a cunt and the worst midfielder ever.

There's a huge difference

PS: I don't have a favourite Italian player, Italians are trash
qh8VVeJ.png

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
"Kind of annoying that Totti is getting plaudits from media now when he was in his prime 10 years ago. Pirlo-like situation."

" I feel like this happens when they take the English to school, like when Pirlo chipped Joe Hart "

Burn them all.

@Bold One: don't expect to see one anytime soon, the age of good Italian players is long gone. But there's hope in Verratti and Berardi. They are both absolute fucking cunts on the pitch though...ffs :lol

there is a shocking lack of Italian players in the United ranks

Gollini was United's gk for the u18/u19 side and he's now playing for Verona.

Macheda was a one dimensional goal scorer who couldn't replicate that goal scoring for the first team. Petrucci was a great midfield prospect ruined by injuries.

We'll never have a sexy Italian playing for United. ;_;

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Macheda was a one dimensional goal scorer who couldn't replicate that goal scoring for the first team. Petrucci was a great midfield prospect ruined by injuries.

Pls buy Verratti, we can't afford him anymore ;_;_;_;

L1NETT

http://www.theguardian.com/football...wd-consequence-financial-fair-play?CMP=twt_gu

Couple of odd remarks but the general point article makes is fair, and more importantly true. Fans up and down the country continue to get fleeced, and the breaking point is approaching.

The Champions League is what every club aspires to but it ain’t cheap and the new bottom line is that clubs need to make even more money from their supporters

Secondly, ticket prices in this country are massively inflated, as my colleague David Conn detailed in these pages at the start of the season, and in terms of charging paying customers scandalously more than they would be expected to stump up anywhere else in the world, football is becoming dangerously close to unaffordable

Some clubs are lucky to have worldwide appeal, so that coachloads of fans from Japan or Norway can help take up the slack, others, mostly in the capital, have a more affluent fanbase that can hold out a little longer before the pips start to squeak.

a 1,000% increase in admission prices since the post-Hillsborough Taylor Report is unsustainable as well as unfair.

Except that is not possible anymore, because the balance sheet at the end of the season is what your overall spending will be judged against. This is the reason Chelsea are looking into moving to Twickenham for a season, to the horror of local residents. They need to expand Stamford Bridge. Not because Roman Abramovich is running out of money or they think the television tap will be turned off soon, but because the club needs to make more money from fans. That is the new bottom line.

Bold One

Is Petrucci still salvageable?

Rikkun

Cavani is shit. Can anyone dispute this after last night, the world cup, and the chelsea game last year.

Go back to Italy.

He has been shit since he left Napoli. He can't be Ibra's little bitch, he needs 3 or 4 players to work for him.

I'm gonna guess every Napoli supporter would be so glad to do a swap with Higuain

Supporters are stupid, Higuain > Cavani

Hixx

My favourite Italian player is Andrea Dossena because I think in his spare time he is an axe murderer.

DKR_NJL_040913Dossena-01.jpg

jk it's Vito Mannone because he is amazing.

Blablurn

PS+ with another round of random Indie games for PS4. If this trend continues I won't extend my membership.

btw

This was the view from the appartment room Bayern fans booked:

By3XMJ2IcAA5o91.jpg:large

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Pardew has urged Ashley to extend Tioté’s contract beyond 2017 but the owner may be tempted to cash in on a player who cost only £3.5m when Chris Hughton signed him from Twente.

While Ashley will not be concerned by the tabloid headlines generated by the news that Tioté, a Muslim, has - much to the chagrin of his mistress and apparent surprise of his first wife - married a second wife in Abidjan, Pardew can only hope he is fully focused on Saturday’s trip to Swansea City.

lol

Esch

Banned
damn wtf the Champions League is on ESPN here in America today, wat?

I mean i have BeIN, and FS channels so i'd have been able to watch it anyway but its nice to see wider availability for people here in the US.

iCMJM6bcucRxF.gif

Holy shit guys. I'm speechless. Can't believe it.

New PES actually seems really good. Movement is sharp, the basic act of kicking the ball is satisfying. Players make decent runs off the ball.

I've only played one match, on Regular, so there may well be things that fuck it all up at the higher difficulties, and it doesn't answer any of my questions about the defensive AI since I was using the best team against the worst (the team ratings are all kinds of fucked up)

But based on the last 10 minutes, it is very, very promising. Hits the sweet spot between fun and realistic far better than FIFA has for the last 7 years. The menus still look bad, and in mid-match menus are a little laggy, but the frame is there for this to be a great football game.

Will have to wait for reviews to see how much depth there is to the single-player modes before deciding whether to buy it. If you guys actually stick with the PES version of Clubs, I'm up for it probably.

"Kind of annoying that Totti is getting plaudits from media now when he was in his prime 10 years ago. Pirlo-like situation."

" I feel like this happens when they take the English to school, like when Pirlo chipped Joe Hart "

Burn them all.

@Bold One: don't expect to see one anytime soon, the age of good Italian players is long gone. But there's hope in Verratti and Berardi. They are both absolute fucking cunts on the pitch though...ffs :lol

Those comments are so true.

Although, I feel like there are several players who have world class potential if they can stay healthy over the next few years.

Wilbur

Banned
Round up:

* Totti is my favourite Italian player, followed by Del Piero and then Nesta (and then Nedved because he counts right <3)

* will need to play the PES demo again. It felt quite fun to play but I should play it against dean, can't hack single player football anymore

* that guardian article Linny posted does make good points, but - considering the Champions League should be the holy grail to a lot of City fans now when you take into account where they've come from - it is odd to see it so subdued. It's a good article overall, but clubs around the country get packed out every week, it's not asking much for the Champions of England to do the same. Surely their fan base is big enough so that someone who couldn't get tickets to the PL match can make it to the CL one, or vice versa.

pulsemyne

Interesting stuff going on at swansea. Looks like a number of investors are looking to pump money into the club. They will buy shares but not the club. The club would still be under the control of the present board.
Not sure how I feel about this. On the one hand yay more money but on the other hand swansea have got to where they are with locals running the club and that needs to be maintained. Swansea fans do not take kindly to owners wanting to fuck them over.

Jarnet87

PS+ with another round of random Indie games for PS4. If this trend continues I won't extend my membership.

PS Plus hasn't been that beneficial to me, but I got it for half price on black friday, and will probably get it again if I can find it half off. At some point I expect the launch titles to come out for free and then it will have paid for itself.

I just saw the Hummels quotes. Doesn't care about United interest, then sticks the boot in:

"There are some [who stay at one club for their whole careers], and they are all really great players. Paolo Maldini of Milan, for example, or Steven Gerrard. I would have been so happy for him if he had won the championship with Liverpool."

Damn damn damn. Hummels your heart is almost as beautiful as your face.

;_;

;_;

Genuinely, we could win 30 league titles in the rest of my life, and missing out last year would still haunt me because of what it would have meant to Gerrard, and the way it was his mistake which put us on the backfoot so badly. Fucking football.

To be completely honest, I think it's still effecting my attitude to football this season. I'm not getting as excited about matches, I'm not keeping up with team news as much, I'm not watching every goal in the league. It's like I've made a subconscious barrier to prevent myself from getting too emotionally involved, because that slip was genuinely heartbreaking to me. I reckon it's effecting the atmosphere at our games as well in all honesty, everyone seems a bit exhausted still, and our poor form is only contributing to that. Add in the loss of Suarez, and everyone seems a bit fatigued already.

We need to start climbing the league table or get a big result against someone to make me (and many others I imagine) start fully focussing on the current situation, rather than dwelling on last season.

edit: I have a huge amount of respect for Totti, and love watching him play, but he's a massive, massive cunt.

why of course

www.dotup.org3305882.gif

pavel+nedved.gif

372576509.gif

A-boss. sky

you absolute fucking glorious fucking Czech.

best goal for me will always be the third against Madrid in 2003. he was so good good back then. Was IMO one of the top 5 players in the world around then. Just was sooo good and could do almost anything.

That might be my favourite Juve game ever. Just an absolutely perfect European night. trez, Del Boy and Nedved scoring and Gigi saving a figo penalty

Randdalf

My favourite Italian player is Gianluca Festa because he's the only one I can think of who played for Portsmouth (Googling around a bit I can see there a few more). Also Richard Hughes owns an Italian restaurant and grew up in Milan #ItalianAtHeart.

Rikkun

best goal for me will always be the third against Madrid in 2003. he was so good good back then. Was IMO one of the top 5 players in the world around then. Just was sooo good and could do almost anything.

That might be my favourite Juve game ever. Just an absolutely perfect European night. trez, Del Boy and Nedved scoring and Gigi saving a figo penalty

http://youtu.be/oWY5rXQslt8?t=1m30s

I bet Nedved could still outrun half of Serie A players.

And Llorente.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Genuinely, we could win 30 league titles in the rest of my life, and missing out last year would still haunt me because of what it would have meant to Gerrard, and the way it was his mistake which put us on the backfoot so badly. Fucking football.
I know exactly what you mean, I was gonna kill myself in 2011-2012 near the end (after Buffon's fuck up vs Lecce). Del Piero deserved a Scudetto send off :(

Buffon-Del-Piero-High-Five.jpg

(Del Piero cheering him up after his mistake ;____________________________;)

Immagine_18381_immagine_ts673_400.jpg

del-piero-juventus-645x436.jpg

whether you hate Liverpool or not, you can't deny that he deserves (at least) a title before retiring..</3

:(...

we'll never be that good again.

Rikkun

I know exactly what you mean, I was gonna kill myself in 2011-2012 near the end (after Buffon's fuck up vs Lecce). Del Piero deserved a Scudetto send off :(

I still remember that night. Allegri creeping on us. The nightmares.

I remember this too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4mwcfFYFtw
Claudio saving the day, Buffon running like he was chasing a taxi.

We had a couple of really rough years.

timthumb.php

Oh shit, I had forgotten about this. If Ronaldo gets selected over Pirlo or Henry then there is no god.

You know that's how it's meant to be.

EDIT: omg I never saw that video, the face Didier does at 1.07 is really something
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqqjU5_XzMo
He must HATE Albert II

And who is Marta.

I am always in two minds about if I feel sorry for Gerrard. He and Totti both decided to stay at their clubs, but have both won the greatest cups they could have hoped for. Totti as an Italian won the World Cup, Gerrard as an Englishman won the CL.
:p

It would be nice if he did win the league, because you gotta respect someone staying at their hometown club, but if he doesn't he will always have that CL medal.

edit: I am gonna say Gerrard deserves one, simply because i want to say Buffon deserves a CL winners medal. He made his debut in the CL 17 years ago. That is fucking crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom