• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT6| Daley Blind Is a Hack Of a Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjaelke

And who is Marta.

marta.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Rikkun

Is Llorente actually doing well for Juve? Genuine question.

Yes, totally. He's no Ibra or RVP but he did what he could.
Now Allegri moved Tevez a little closer to midfield, so Llorente's role is actually to receive ball and serve Tevez on the run. I'm sure he'll get blasted from media and fans for not scoring much, we'll see.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Is Llorente actually doing well for Juve? Genuine question.

he was excellent last season, now he's doing everything right except finishing. He's being way too selfless, and he's probably the reason why Tevez is on fire right now.

edit: yes what Ricky said!

edit: and KidA

Godan

Have a feeling that after Wenger's contact runs out in 2017 that he will step down this time and not stay on.

Just don't know who would be a good replacement for him. Maybe Klopp or something.

wtf gameseek

Sent me an email that basically says

Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek.

We've dispatched your game btw.

Regards, gameseek :)

The best female footballer in the world(and has been for years).

Why is Henry on that list? I don't follow MLS, did he do really well?

It use to be an honour for legends of advance years. Kind of like a reward for so many years of great contribution to football. Wasn't really about having the best single season or anything. But the list of players this year seems it has changed.

I would give it to Henry. Nearly 20 years of great contribution to football.

It use to be an honour for legends of advance years. Kind of like a reward for so many years of great contribution to football. Wasn't really about having the best single season or anything. But the list of players this year seems it has changed.

I would give it to Henry. Nearly 20 years of great contribution to football.

Can you only win it once?

Have a feeling that after Wenger's contact runs out in 2017 that he will step down this time and not stay on.

Just don't know who would be a good replacement for him. Maybe Klopp or something.

I want Klopp or Rudi Garcia. Conte would be my first choice if his available, which I hope he won't be.

Can you only win it once?

Yeah, so there is plenty of time for someone like ronaldo to win it. I think they should raise the age limit up from 28 to over 30s. Shows how far the game has come since the award was first handed out over a decade ago.

I really like it the award and what they are doing. They seem to be making a football hall of fame.

I want Klopp or Rudi Garcia. Conte would be my first choice if his available, which I hope he won't be.

Yeah, so there is plenty of time for someone like ronaldo to win it. I think they should raise the age limit up from 28 to over 30s. Shows how far the game has come since the award was first handed out over a decade ago.

Henry should win it this year, Pirlo next year imo if that's the case.

But then Gerrard will never win one :(

Another trophy to add to the cabinet of cups he didn't win :(

Rikkun

wtf gameseek

Sent me an email that basically says

Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek. Thank you for shopping at gameseek.

We've dispatched your game btw.

Regards, gameseek :)

Not creepy at all.

I want Klopp or Simeone, both would have that tactical flexibility that Wenger lacks and also would be fired up for every single game.

Simeone seems a bit too nuts at time for me. I don't know how how his style would work at Arsenal. Players buy into at at Madrid because he is a club legend.

Godan

I want Klopp or Simeone, both would have that tactical flexibility that Wenger lacks and also would be fired up for every single game.

Am much as Simeone is a great manager he seems just a bit too crazy. Like you don't know what he is going to do at the sideline. I mean he's just had a ban for lifting his hands at the ref.

Simeone seems a bit too nuts at time for me. I don't know how how his style would work at Arsenal. Players buy into at at Madrid because he is a club legend.

Am much as Simeone is a great manager he seems just a bit too crazy. Like you don't know what he is going to do at the sideline. I mean he's just had a ban for lifting his hands at the ref.

:lol yeah but far more entertaining than Wenger!

Salvadora

Wenger is entertaining in a cerebral, scholarly fashion.

Not the uncivilised, barbarian "entertainment" we see from, for example, a certain Portuguese man.

Blablurn

After the job interview I met a friend to drink some booze. By the time we made it to the restaurant I was drunk as fuck. Then he made a huge mistake. He said the story of MGS is not epic.

So in my drunken state I held a 10 minute monologue about the epicness in MGS. afterwards i realized that i spoke as loud as fucking hitler. people were looking. probably judging.

RiggyRob

YES MOYES

3-1 win for Sporting CS.
I may have overestimated the opposition.

Bit of a strange game, ref gave a penalty against us despite being it being a dive, and disallowed a screamer from my central midfield partner because it somehow 'went into the net through a hole under the crossbar'. Not to mention I got fucking clattered by a Sterling wannabe and he only got a booking for it.

Still, a win's a win.

Rikkun

After the job interview I met a friend to drink some booze. By the time we made it to the restaurant I was drunk as fuck. Then he made a huge mistake. He said the story of MGS is not epic.

So in my drunken state I held a 10 minute monologue about the epicness in MGS. afterwards i realized that i spoke as loud as fucking hitler. people were looking. probably judging.

I wouldn't judge a stranger shouting good things about MGS, I'd just nod slowly and
ocelot.gif

KidJr

Random question I'd like to throw out there:

I was discussing with a friend the other day that I dont think the quality of footballers has tapered at the top end (with the exception of Ronaldo and Messi of course) but the catagory of world class footballers now to me atleast dont seem anywhere near as good as I remember growing up. I'm talking the era of when you had sooo many players (Henry, Eto, Zidane, Ronoldhino, Ronaldo, Berkamp, Kaka, Nedved, Veria, Ruud Van, Del Perio). He says its more nostalgia rather than truth. Just wondering if you think there is more or less quality than that era?

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member

bla you were completely in the right here
youre doing God's work

Wilbur

Banned

I was discussing with a friend the other day that I dont think the quality of footballers has tapered at the top end (with the exception of Ronaldo and Messi of course) but the catagory of world class footballers now to me atleast dont seem anywhere near as good as I remember growing up. I'm talking the era of when you had sooo many players (Henry, Eto, Zidane, Ronoldhino, Ronaldo, Berkamp, Kaka, Nedved, Veria, Ruud Van, Del Perio). He says its more nostalgia rather than truth. Just wondering if you think there is more or less quality than that era?

Bit of both, really.

Certainly the amount of good defenders is lacking, especially compared to even recent history. But nowadays you can count the number of world class defenders on one or two hands.

If you look at squads like Madrid and Bayern, their squads are packed full of quality, so it's hard to say there's a lesser quality overall; I'd maybe argue that a lot of perceived smaller teams/players for those teams are stronger now than they used to be, but there isn't many world class, absolutely incredible players around. You'd struggle to find 100 that filled that criteria.

But then, I'd argue someone like... for instance, Schneiderlin, who won't get called world class because of the club he plays for and because he obviously isn't of the quality of some midfielders of the past, is one of the most influential or effective footballers currently playing in Europe's big leagues. No one will ever compare him with Busquets or Modric or Javi Martinez but he doesn't perform massively worse than they do; it's just on a smaller scale.

Tldr: while the sheer number of world class players is smaller, I think there's a greater number of talented ones.

Nostalgia no doubt, in 10 years you will be able to name many players active right now on the same list next to those players. You forget all their faults and frustrating aspects, which there are many of to your old top players too.

Hixx

You know all these stories about violent video games turning people into psychopaths... It's not fucking violent videogames that do it, it's FIFA
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif

Blablurn

I would consider Lahm World Class for his position. He even won every important title. But I don't think people will talk about him in 20 years like we talk about Davids right now.

It's strange. I guess in our times people rather prefer shiny things like Ronaldo or GOATs like Messi. The rest is there and acknowledged. But I doubt that people would look back at Ibra and Van Persie in 20 years and say: Remember those legends?

I think when it comes to those Bergkamps, Zidanes and Davids there is a lot of nostalgy. Rembering a time that wasn't so manufactured like the last 5-10 years.

Draconian

Pretty certain I'm facing my 3rd bout with kidney stone(s). Pray (or whatever) for me, Footy-GAF. :*(

I know people who've had them before. That stinks man. Hopefully this will be your 3rd and final bout.

damn wtf the Champions League is on ESPN here in America today, wat?

I mean i have BeIN, and FS channels so i'd have been able to watch it anyway but its nice to see wider availability for people here in the US.

iCMJM6bcucRxF.gif

Yeah, I'm surprised too. They've got the best game of the day to boot.

Jarnet87

if they weren't confused or lost trying to follow along with the story, they definitely lost it when you got to nanomachines.

Wonder if it will be Derek and Tommy doing the call on ESPN. I miss hearing them calling Champions League games. Listening to Gus Johnson is painful.

Wilbur

Banned
Lahm will definitely be remembered: World Cup winning captain and probably the best full back of the last ten years. I'm sure the others will be too, RVP and Ibra. Both are their countries' respective top scorers aren't they? Not to mention RVP's been PL top scorer twice, Ibra won a million leagues in a row.

There is still an awful lot of great players. They're also not as shared out as they used to be; they all play for the same ten clubs!

Pretty certain I'm facing my 3rd bout with kidney stone(s). Pray (or whatever) for me, Footy-GAF. :*(

I've only had kidney stones once, that was enough for me.
It didn't help the good ol' NHS diagnosed me with pleurisy, which affects a different organ altogether

Yen

looool

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
You know all these stories about violent video games turning people into psychopaths... It's not fucking violent videogames that do it, it's FIFA
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif

I drew with the ai in division 6 and almost punched my pc

They did nothing all game but park the bus, not attack and save it off the line

Draconian

if they weren't confused or lost trying to follow along with the story, they definitely lost it when you got to nanomachines.

Wonder if it will be Derek and Tommy doing the call on ESPN. I miss hearing them calling Champions League games. Listening to Gus Johnson is painful.

Derek's a possibility. I haven't heard Tommy call a game in ages though. I think he's a long shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom