• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT6| Daley Blind Is a Hack Of a Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

inky

Wenger sees him every day. If he thought he was up to it, he would've got more chances.

He just isn't that good.

Then why did he keep him when he had a chance to loan him out, heck, even sell him I think.

I thought he had a plan for him, so if the plan is to not even put him on the bench because he is not good enough then that's a pretty shit plan. He's not even adding depth to the squad that way.

Scum

He's still shit.

Welbeck that is, well so is Balo tbf.

image.php

Who the fucking hell are you?

It's like looking in the mirror, but not liking what you are seeing.

It's like looking in the mirror, is what I'm saying.

image.php

icIOoInZD1SkQ.png

K1LLER7

Both very rash from what we've seen. Unless there is a significant improvement it really isn't anything to be too optimistic about.

Plenty of speculation that LvG doesn't even rate Jones.
Oh, haven't seen anything about LVG and Jones.

I agree that we need better CBs, but Jones (imo) is the only CB we currently have, which has some similarities to Vidic in his game. We need a dominating CB and Jones can do that IF he can find some form, be less clumsly and stay clear of injuries. I also think its a bit early to judge Rojo at CB. I thought he did well against West Ham and helped McNair. Look forward to seeing him vs Everton.

Jarnet87

Better than:

Rafael - McNair/Smalling/Evans - Rojo - Shaw

I think Jones alongside Rojo is the best CB partnering we could possibly play until January. Though we definitely need better CBs asap and a back up RB in the summer.

screw Jones, keep playing McNair. I believed in Evans Jones and Smalling stepping up and becoming staples at the back. Truth is they'll never stay fit long enough to do it. I'd take my chances seeing how well McNair can develop, and if he gets better and stays healthy he's a vast improvement. Can't count on a CB when he's off with a injury every 2 or 3 games.

EmiPrime

Then why did he keep him when he had a chance to loan him out, heck, even sell him I think.

I thought he had a plan for him, so if the plan is to not even put him on the bench because he is not good enough then that's a pretty shit plan. He's not even adding depth to the squad that way.

Maybe he acted like a twat in training and/or started making demands/threats via his agent. We don't know.

Lightning

Banned
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...r-qa-session-goes-horribly-wrong-9756421.html

I thought I would look into why Sagna wasn't getting me any FPL points and stumbled on this.

Brutal, but not altogether undeserved. Would be funny if City won the league and he didn't play enough games to get a medal.
Totally undeserved. He gave us the best years of his career and we should be more respectful to his wishes. It's not like any one of us wouldn't jump to an opposition if we could earn more money or gain something? I have respect for Sagna.

EmiPrime

Totally undeserved. He gave us the best years of his career and we should be more respectful to his wishes. It's not like any one of us wouldn't jump to an opposition if we could earn more money or gain something? I have respect for Sagna.

It's not something I would engage in (it's a bit childish and disrespectful) but it is kind of pathetic and sad to see a once great player unable to get a game. I think he can see already that he made a big mistake and that this is a miserable way to end a career.

I needed to be alert at work today so decided to skip the matches. Fucking hell Welbeck. I don't mind to admit that I was wrong about him. We still should have signed a better option earlier in the summer, but he has done a great job so far. Plus that dummy was amazing.

It's not something I would engage in (it's a bit childish and disrespectful) but it is kind of pathetic and sad to see a once great player unable to get a game. I think he can see already that he made a big mistake and that this is a miserable way to end a career.

I have so much respect for him, played for us the day his brother died and gave a great performance. His leaving hurt so much.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member

tbh i think wenger has started to become senile, i dont see why he didnt loan him to at least Benfica if all he's going to do is be benched for Champions games

inky

One of our defenders just killed our keeper, who also happens to be his twin brother.

And we got gifted a terrible penalty, lol, but the way things are looking I don't think we'll get any points today even with that free goal.

valeo

Because he did okay at the World Cup and Wenger buys into that hype just as much as fans.

jtb

Banned
love Sagna, have no problem with him going to City. cash in on a good career. and, surprisingly, full back was the one position Wenger did strengthen this summer. so I don't even mind his work on that front, even if I thought Debuchy was a horrible overpay.

seriously... 10m Debuchy or 10m CB (and just have Jenkinson as RB cover)....I'd take the CB.

re: Campbell, world cups are full of fluky, outlier performances... We should have cashed in or at least loaned him out. We've been decimated by injuries and he hasn't gotten any looks into the first team. didn't even play in the league cup game ffs. like if there was one time to play him, it would be in the cup. "depth" is pointless if the players aren't good enough to be relied upon as replacement level players.

jtb

Banned
Jtb buddy, what did you make of today's game? I thought we played really well.

I thought we played well, but also Galatasaray were horrific defensively so I'm not sure how much I can read into it.

still, great to see Welbeck and Sanchez score. it's a habit; these are the types of games that turn shitty finishers into 20 goal a season strikers.

also Chesney red card is exactly why I will just never feel 100% confident in him; especially in Europe, where I feel like the last man/foul triple punishment happens so much more frequently. just when everything is going smoothly, he'll have a crazy lapse in concentration.

inky

OMG, we won!

Gotta love Mexican football. Win a couple of back to back matches and suddenly things don't look so bad on the table, LOL.

Lightning

Banned
I thought we played well, but also Galatasaray were horrific defensively so I'm not sure how much I can read into it.

still, great to see Welbeck and Sanchez score. it's a habit; these are the types of games that turn shitty finishers into 20 goal a season strikers.

also Chesney red card is exactly why I will just never feel 100% confident in him; especially in Europe, where I feel like the last man/foul triple punishment happens so much more frequently. just when everything is going smoothly, he'll have a crazy lapse in concentration.
One could say they were made look more horrible because of how well we played in putting them under pressure. We also kicked on until Szczesny's stupidity halted our progress. I agree on Szczesny and commented earlier that he could use a spell on the bench to give him a kick up the backside.

At least morale is high going into the Chelsea game.

nitewulf

hey! hey! to be fair, he was pretty shit at finishing. his pace, work rate and dribbling abilities were there, even at united, and you could see that. but he couldn't finish.

and of course he is getting a lot more playtime at arsenal, and our midfield is a trillion times better than united's atrocious midfield, so he is getting a lot of balls in the zone. today he actually showed finishing intelligence, which i never saw from him before. still early days. look i obviously want him to do well, but still way too early to get excited.

also good for england fans if anything, arsenal now has some of the best english talents.

Lightning

Banned
as do i, but our defense is lame and costa and cesc have an orgasmic connection and they will rape us.
Flamini is the only weak link. Gibbs, Koscielny, Mertesacker and Chambers can handle Chelsea. Just hope Flamini doesn't dick us over or Szczesny doesn't do anything dumb.

valeo

as do i, but our defense is lame and costa and cesc have an orgasmic connection and they will rape us.

Unfortunately this seems like the most likely outcome.

Cesc will score against us; bank on it. Just like Lampard v Chelsea, it's already written.

valeo

Screw you negative fools. I will quote you all should we produce a result.

Cesc's going down!

I used to be so optimistic, too :(

Will be interesting to see how we line up. I'd actually like to see the Ox in the middle alongside Flamini; we don't have a whole lot of other options there unless we throw Diaby in or risk Wilshere.

Would like to see us keep the 4-2-3-1, too.

Lightning

Banned
I used to be so optimistic, too :(

Will be interesting to see how we line up. I'd actually like to see the Ox in the middle alongside Flamini; we don't have a whole lot of other options there unless we throw Diaby in or risk Wilshere.

Would like to see us keep the 4-2-3-1, too.
I understand but these are the fixtures against our rivals that are the most exciting, that I look for the most. I don't want to admit defeat before we've kicked the ball. Our starting 11 can match Chelsea, we just need to turn up on the day with a special performance.

We can beat Chelsea if we are clever, but Wenger sends his team out with the wrong mentality. He will tell hem to go out and attack. We do and then they score. Then we need to keep attacking to get back a goal and then they score again.

We need to just sit back and defend well and wait for our chance to counter. With Welbeck, Sanchez and Ox we have the pace to hurt them.

We really don't need to start the game off at 200mph. We need to show we are a mature side who know how to handle this type of big match and when to pick our moments.

GorillaJu

I understand but these are the fixtures against our rivals that are the most exciting, that I look for the most. I don't want to admit defeat before we've kicked the ball. Our starting 11 can match Chelsea, we just need to turn up on the day with a special performance.

No ones starting 11 can match Chelsea's this season, not even City. They're solid in every position.

Lightning

Banned
No ones starting 11 can match Chelsea's this season, not even City. They're solid in every position.
What I mean is our back 4 are solid, we have creativity (Ozil/Wilshere) and we have pace (Welbeck, Ox, Sanchez) who can all finish. We can trouble Chelsea if we play the correct game and play to frustrate them and hit them on the counter with pace.

If we throw our players forward we will concede 6 again but hopefully Wenger learned from that.

valeo

Except for the fact that City drew with them, of course.

I agree that their squad is ridiculous, though.

What I mean is our back 4 are solid, we have creativity (Ozil/Wilshere) and we have pace (Welbeck, Ox, Sanchez) who can all finish. We can trouble Chelsea if we play the correct game and play to frustrate them and hit them on the counter with pace.

If we throw our players forward we will concede 6 again but hopefully Wenger learned from that.

Just quietly I would love if we parked the bus and snuck a win like we did against Dortmund last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom