• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT6| Daley Blind Is a Hack Of a Player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top speed of 37km/h yes.

But that was (I think) over say 40ish metres. I say this from an entirely unempirical point of view that could well be incorrect but I would have someone like Welbeck to beat him over 60m.

I'd actually happily watch sprint races between football players. Would be pretty interesting.
Rooney looked pretty quick over 60 or so against Leicester running back.

Maybe everyone else is just slow.

K1LLER7

Yes he would be one too (again I stress over 60m).

Would add:

Walcott (possibly pre knee reconstruction though)
Navas
Bale
Lennon

I think the likes of Robben, Ronaldo and Valencia are probably now past the point of being comparable over that distance.
Bale is probably the quickest out of these.

Ronaldo, Robben and Valencia are still very quick. Would add Sterling too.

And how do you forget Di Maria horse? :(

Zabojnik

Old?

Atletico Madrid captain Gabi is in very hot water this morning, after he admitted to his part in match fixing during his time at Real Zaragoza.

Gabi admitted at the facilities of the Attorney General against Corruption and Organized Crime that, “I did what the club asked me to do”, having scored two goals in Real Zaragoza’s 2-1 win over Levante in 2011.

Captain at Real Zaragoza, Gabi is one of many currently under investigation.

The Atletico Madrid star was left out of last night’s 1-0 win over Juventus and the confession could result in a serious lengthy ban for Gabi.

Mundo Deportivo were the first to break the news but many Spanish sites have followed suit.

By70jqgIYAAO-pK.jpg

bud23

I don't understand that Gabi story

He scored two goals in a win

What

Is that fixing? What?

Yes?

Zaragoza needed three points to avoid relegation and ultimately clinched a 2-1 victory away at Levante's Ciutat de València stadium.

Zaragoza players allegedly received 120,000 euros as prize money from Iglesias, owner of Zaragoza at the time.

El País reported that 120,000 euros was paid into a number of Zaragoza players' accounts and then withdrawn a few days later. The accusation is that it was withdrawn to pay Levante players to lose the game.

Zabojnik

Before anyone accuses me of being a supreme asshole, I should point out that it was a joke about Bla's recent job interview and his subsequent remark that he wouldn't persue it in any case, because he'd be making less money ("less than a cashier") than he feels he should aspire to, given his education and ability. Personally, as someone who went through a few less than ideal occupations, I think every job is perfectly honorable and doesn't necessarily tell anything about a person's worth. Thank you for understanding, and have a good day.

KidJr

Welbeck the quickest player over 60 meters, the hell lol, this isnt even close to being true. He's very quick but hell Gareth Bale and Walcott alone would leave him in their wake.

Wilbur

Banned

If it went to levante players, fair enough. But Zaragoza players being paid to win a match

That's just a winning bonus. Like most players probably get.

In that case, it should be levante players getting punished, not the Zaragoza ones

Zabojnik

We're done here, Zabo. We're done.

We'll never be done, Bla. NEVER. Even if you were to disappear from the interwebs one day. Remember, I know where you live. <3

I've attached myself to you now, like a leech, third-world country style. <333

You've made a huge mistake. <333333

Blablurn

We'll never be done, Bla. NEVER. Even if you were to disappear from the interwebs one day. Remember, I know where you live. <3

I've attached myself to you now, like a leech, third-world country style. <333

<3

You are probably right, you lovely bastard.

You're like the dark haired lesbian in orange is the new black. An interesting idea.

Wilbur

Banned
Sometimes she looks really hot in it and sometimes she doesn't

But that's true for most of them in the show to be honest

Salazar

Wilmots: "Marouane Fellaini is hungy. He lacks match fitness, but he's fit. He s in full training for 2 weeks." #mufc

#hungy

I should say that I would endorse Marouane leaving big fucking marks on Gareth Barry if we hadn't just had a send-off for idiotic violence.

Anyone know what time the England squad is announced? Wanna see my boy Nate ignored again.

Also Italia gaf and Portugueezer gaf your squads? My boys Pelle and Fonte

Portugal's squad announcement is tomorrow. I hope Fonte gets a call, he's been having a great season.
Speaking of NT calls, I see Gauld has been called to Scotland's senior squad. He didn't even played an official game with Sporting's main squad, he's been stuck on the B team.

I'd be very surprised if Pelle gets a call up to the Italy NT. He's been scoring in shit leagues his whole career without getting called up, I don't see why that would change now.

Zabojnik

I'd be very surprised if Pelle gets a call up to the Italy NT. He's been scoring in shit leagues his whole career without getting called up, I don't see why that would change now.

On the other hand, if Osvaldo and Quagliarella got called up ... He's doing well, I think he deserves it right now. Certainly over the current Balotelli, at least.

On the other hand, if Osvaldo and Quagliarella got called up ... He's doing well, I think he deserves it right now. Certainly over the current Balotelli, at least.

Balo doesn't have a chance in hell at the moment.

I don't see him ever working in Conte's system. Even if he gets called up he will be used as an impact sub at most.

Wilbur

Banned
Wilmots: "Marouane Fellaini is hungy. He lacks match fitness, but he's fit. He s in full training for 2 weeks." #mufc

#hungy

I should say that I would endorse Marouane leaving big fucking marks on Gareth Barry if we hadn't just had a send-off for idiotic violence.

It'll be fletcher anyway; watching him and Barry have a sprint race will be enthralling to tortoise owners around the world

K1LLER7

#hungy

It's all about consistency Sal

Salvadora

I continue to be amazed at how Wenger, his coaches and some Arsenal fans are 'surprised' by how quick he really is.

I'd have thought the guy's been pretty much one of the quickest players in the world over 60 metres for the last 2 years.
I don't think it's that amazing.

Imagine you're buying an iPhone 6. You've watched the videos and seen how quick it is. Then you get your hands on it and it's really, really quick!

That's Welbeck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom