• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT6| Daley Blind Is a Hack Of a Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc

Yea, like 20 in 40 apps

He took all their penalties though, not as good a record once you look past them.

Still, he would be a good backup striker, don't think he would work as a partnership with Sturridge unless you're asking danny to drop back and set him up. Which would be dumb.

The fact that we've got Balotelli so soon after Suarez just makes him look even worse. Suarez was always moving, he was like a wasp just hovering around everywhere, annoying defenders, tackling someone one second and popping up in the 6 yard box the next.

He has the ability, the brain and the heart to be imo the best striker in the world. Balotelli maybe has the ability, but he's horrendously low on the other 2. He shows flashes of workrate, but it's sporadic, and not used to best effect. He often tracks so far back, it just leaves us without anyone within 40 yards of goal when we win it back.

His decision-making needs to be much quicker as well when we're trying to attack at pace. These are problems he's had throughout his career though, so I doubt it'll be changing significantly with us.

GorillaJu

Emi you may have always been on his side but I'm not letting the rest of these goombas slide. This place was like a hysteric bunch of bleating baby goats when Arsenal first signed Welbeck.

The fact that we've got Balotelli so soon after Suarez just makes him look even worse. Suarez was always moving, he was like a wasp just hovering around everywhere, annoying defenders, tackling someone one second and popping up in the 6 yard box the next.

He has the ability, the brain and the heart to be imo the best striker in the world. Balotelli maybe has the ability, but he's horrendously low on the other 2. He shows flashes of workrate, but it's sporadic, and not used to best effect. He often tracks so far back, it just leaves us without anyone within 40 yards of goal when we win it back.

His decision-making needs to be much quicker as well when we're trying to attack at pace. These are problems he's had throughout his career though, so I doubt it'll be changing significantly with us.

I just get the feeling with Balo that he gets the ball, and then decides what he's going to do with it while he was a look around and all of his options shut down.

With Suarez he had already decided what he was going to do and executed.

Think Suso can start for us? I feel like he can give more than Markovic has so far.

He should be 1st option off the bench with Lallana starting imo. Give him a start against Swansea at home in the League Cup. Bollocks to the fees, Coutinho, Lallana, Suso and Markovic should be competing in a meritocracy for minutes, and Markovic is clearly losing that battle based on actual performances for us

EmiPrime

Emi you may have always been on his side but I'm not letting the rest of these goombas slide. This place was like a hysteric bunch of bleating baby goats when Arsenal first signed Welbeck.

Freewheelin and Lightning were all for Welbeck too IIRC.

Some of the shit here and on Twitter though... :/ Shameful.

Arnie

I just get the feeling with Balo that he gets the ball, and then decides what he's going to do with it while he was a look around and all of his options shut down.

With Suarez he had already decided what he was going to do and executed.

I just get the feeling he isn't that good of a professional footballer.

Also, well in Danny Welbeck. He's great. Such a more likeable Guy now he's left United to improve his career.

Wilbur

Banned

I can't wait to go back and find the posts

The crow eating

Sensational

Pennywise

Yep.

Preordered dat shit

Decided against it for now.
Far Cry 3 wasn't bad, but I don't know if I really wanna play the same game with a different setting.

Just preordered The Evil Within, Dragon Age Inquisition and AC Unity (birthday gift for a friend), because we had a buy 3 pay 2 offering by a big chain in Germany.

I just get the feeling he isn't that good of a professional footballer.

I thought he'd be good enough to deputise for Sturridge at least. He's proving me wrong at the moment. Not happy with any of the 3 squad strikers. Thankfully D-Studge is class, just gotta keep him fit and mould the team to get the best from him.

K1LLER7

Southampton getting raided again. This times it's for........physio Matt Radcliffe lol.

Mirror report Phil Jones is back in training and will be back for the Everton game.

Rafa - Jones - Rojo - Shaw

That's better.

EmiPrime

This panorama I took came out quite well.

cN2PRRt.jpg

valeo

Lol @ wanting to keep Campbell (who has never proved he can play at this level) over Welbeck.

I admit, I wasn't overly enthused when Welbeck signed - but he's quickly turned my opinion. I don't think he's perfect - his finishing is still often not that great - but I think he's got massive potential.

Scum

Emi gets to watch Dat Guy score a hattrick. Bah! I wanted him or Remy at lolspurs. Either would have scored a hattrick tomorrow. 😞

"He's on our side ... I think."

Garak from Star Trek DS9 is such a brilliant character.

YES ZABO!

Facism

Gold Member
"He's on our side ... I think."

Garak from Star Trek DS9 is such a brilliant character.

Sometimes i think what would have been if they named him Yarak instead.

Now i have to watch all of DS9 again, based netflix. It was either that or Galactica.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Campbell has had like, what, less than 2 full matches of Premiere League play? I don't really expect him to adapt that quick if Wenger doesn't even bench him, and keeping him only for CL and Cup games is ridiculous, if anything, he should be getting some PL time as a sub and leave the Champions to the big guys.

Esch

Banned
that feeling when you watch DS9 and you're still hungry for something like it so then you watch Voyager (smh) but it's shit but you're still hungry so you watch Enterprise (smh smh)

so then you end up watching Babylon 5, and it's alright i guess

Better than:

Rafael - McNair/Smalling/Evans - Rojo - Shaw

I think Jones alongside Rojo is the best CB partnering we could possibly play until January. Though we definitely need better CBs asap and a back up RB in the summer.

Both very rash from what we've seen. Unless there is a significant improvement it really isn't anything to be too optimistic about.

Plenty of speculation that LvG doesn't even rate Jones.

I'm happy for welbs. Still not upset that we sold him though. Although that's probably because I'm a fan of strikers who are lethal in front of goal. Eg my favourite player of all time is Ruud. He'll do well for arsenal, although I still think he'll miss a truckload of chances again this season. His workrate is second to none though.

Looking forward to the Everton match. There's going to be a ton of goals in that match.

EmiPrime

Emi gets to watch Dat Guy score a hattrick. Bah! I wanted him or Remy at lolspurs. Either would have scored a hattrick tomorrow. 😞

Just day dream about Kloppo vs Simeone in a NLD in a few years time to get you through.

For now though, you have Adebayor. *salutes* ;)

Lightning

Banned
Bendtner scored a hattrick for Arsenal once, actually no one did it after him until welbeck tonight. Should have kept him.
Bendtner has got talent though. Scores quite a bit for Denmark too but his off the field shit is just unacceptable.

Thing about Welbeck too is not only the goals but the work rate. He really works hard for the team and always tries. Really happy for him tonight.

arkon

Looks like Alexis has a Semih.

---

Come back from work to see another three points on the board. I don't even...

Also pleased for Welbz. I hope he can start banging them in again for England too
---

WTF Juve. Spoilt an otherwise good night in terms of results.

valeo

Campbell has had like, what, less than 2 full matches of Premiere League play? I don't really expect him to adapt that quick if Wenger doesn't even bench him, and keeping him only for CL and Cup games is ridiculous, if anything, he should be getting some PL time as a sub and leave the Champions to the big guys.

Wenger sees him every day. If he thought he was up to it, he would've got more chances.

He just isn't that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom