• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT6| Daley Blind Is a Hack Of a Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

That's some soft ass music coming from you. I turned down the volume before opening the link, I was prepared for everything.

Eh, why? I'm not into death/epic metal or anything like that. I'm mostly a prog/alternative/indie rock/metal bro and I much, much prefer melodic singers over screamo ones. Honestly, the 'heaviest' I go is something djenty like Periphery. Our taste in music doesn't differ as much as you maybe think. :p Though I probably value the pure technical aspect of it more, hence the love for prog bands like Dream Theater and such. Comes with being a (amateur) guitar player, I think.

The music itself is pretty good, but his voice is just so... Boring.

Well, excuuuuuse me. And him.

GorillaJu

Well Iceage were really punk/noise sounding. Here's a clip of their live performance in Amsterdam a couple of years back. Just look at the crowd, it gives you an idea how crazy that night was.

Buuuut, now they sound more like Nick Cave if I have to compare it to something. Mostly the vocals resemble Cave a lot. On their single The Lord's Favourite they sound kind of country and the vocals remind more of Pete Doherty in that song. But the rest is more like this song. Dunno if you ever checked out The Birthday Party (Cave's first band)? But it really reminds me of their sound. All the songs of the new album are on their channel so you can check out the rest.

Wow they sound a lot different than from when I heard them last. Not bad.

Meier

By8fPtjCEAAa9Lk.jpg

Jason Denayer in the squad. Cool. Eden's looking a bit rough in that shot.. like he took that after crawling in from 24 hours of partying.

We've basically put ourselves in a situation where we might have to rest Sterling at the weekend, cos there's no chance Hodgson will leave him out for England

So with Suso out, our wide options are an exhausted Sterling, a slowly adapting Lallana, an out of form Coutinho, or a rubbish Markovic. If we play the diamond, we only have to play Lallana wide from that lot, with Coutinho or Sterling behind the front 2.

Clyne's callup: At last
Townsend's callup: lol

Jarnet87

They should call up Cattermole. He doesn't have the big name but he is the type of player the team needs. He'd go out there and do a fine job and let the other midfielders play.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Apparently we were unlucky to lose?

But we are unlucky way too many times in Europe that I'm starting to think it's not just luck after all

Pirlo please come back

Jarnet87

But we are unlucky way too many times in Europe that I'm starting to think it's not just luck after all

Pirlo please come back

A decent run in Europa and another Scudetto. I'm sure the majority of Juventus fans are gonna be happy with that.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
A decent run in Europa and another Scudetto. I'm sure the majority of Juventus fans are gonna be happy with that.

No such thing as a decent run in Bukkake League

Of course I'll be happy with the league, but Roma are looking much better than us so far.

Zabojnik

Pirlo please come back

I don't know if unlucky is the right word, but it should've been a deserved draw. We weren't particularly impressive, but neither were Atletico. One mistake, goal. More than anything though it was further proof that 3-5-2 doesn't work in Europe, not against upper-tier opponents, at least.

Not sure what Allegri is waiting for.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I don't know if unlucky is the right word, but it should've been a deserved draw. We weren't particularly impressive, but neither were Atletico. One mistake, goal. More than anything though it was further proof that 3-5-2 doesn't work in Europe, not against upper-tier opponents, at least.

Who was our LWB? Evra? The goal came from his flank if I'm not mistaken

Late subs as usual too. Not that Conte was an early subber or anything, but still

tbf to Allegri, if 3-5-2 works in Serie A, it's natural that he'd try and make it work in Europe as well, rather than just assuming that it can't work in Europe because it didn't under Conte.

Meier

I watched a lot of the game. It was pretty tightly contested but I can't remember many real chances for Juventus. Pogba had one shot from the top of the box I recall that he tried to curl but it was well wide. It was a very chippy game -- fouls galore for both sides. I wouldn't necessarily say you were unlucky to lose because you didn't really ever have a chance to win, but it was a tight game. A 0-0 draw wouldn't have been surprising.

Zabojnik

Who was our LWB? Evra? The goal came from his flank if I'm not mistaken

Late subs as usual too. Not that Conte was an early subber or anything, but still

Yeah, Evra. He was fucking invisible for 90 mins. A ghost. No idea why he gets to start over Asamoah. In a 4-3-X I could understand it. In 3-5-2 ... makes no sense.

The general feeling is that we could and should've dared more. It could've ended in tragedy, but a lose is a lose and we could've gained one or even three points. Our usual mental problem in CL. We just don't know how to fuck everything and go for it, which always comes back to bite us in the ass, even when we don't really reserve it, like yesterday.

Our players are talking about improved confidence after yesterday's performance, so there's that.

tbf to Allegri, if 3-5-2 works in Serie A, it's natural that he'd try and make it work in Europe as well, rather than just assuming that it can't work in Europe because it didn't under Conte.

Well, okay, but it's not like Allegri's 3-5-2 is all that different from Conte's. It's mostly the same squad, with Tevez who now backtracks a bit more. The 'structural' problems are still all there.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I watched a lot of the game. It was pretty tightly contested but I can't remember many real chances for Juventus. Pogba had one shot from the top of the box I recall that he tried to curl but it was well wide. It was a very chippy game -- fouls galore for both sides. I wouldn't necessarily say you were unlucky to lose because you didn't really ever have a chance to win, but it was a tight game. A 0-0 draw wouldn't have been surprising.
Thanks Jon <3

That sounds like the opposite of unlucky :lol we deservedly lost for being pussy cunts then

Yeah, Evra. He was fucking invisible for 90 mins. A ghost. No idea why he gets to start over Asamoah. In a 4-3-X I could understand it. In 3-5-2 ... makes no sense.

The general feeling is that we could and should've dared more. It could've ended in tragedy, but a lose is a lose and we could've gained one or even three points. Our usual mental problem in CL. We just don't know how to fuck everything and go for it, which always comes back to bite us in the ass, even when we don't really reserve it, like yesterday.

Our players are talking about improved confidence after yesterday's performance, so there's that.

What improved confidence after losing :lol such a classic Allegri line that one &#55357;&#56864;

I fucking hate sterile safe pussy possession football

Zabojnik

What improved confidence after losing :lol such a classic Allegri line that one &#65533;&#65533;

Just take the positives, such as they are, and fuck the rest, like I do. We died in the summer, this is the afterlife, such as it is. Nothing can hurt us now.
scumavatar.png

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Just take the positives, such as they are, and fuck the rest, like I do. We died in the summer, this is the afterlife, such as it is. Nothing can hurt us now.
scumavatar.png

Chiellini/Allegri "We deserved a 0-0 draw" :lol

Mother of cunt almighty

Let's just use Morata and Coman for the rest of the season, that's all I care about now

I still think we're gonna qualify from the group, but as runner ups now. Which means we're gonna get Blayen, and they're gonna sterile-possession us to death

Dark Rider

Thanks Jon <3

That sounds like the opposite of unlucky :lol we deservedly lost for being pussy cunts then

What improved confidence after losing :lol such a classic Allegri line that one &#65533;&#65533;

You had more possession but while you had it you was toothless, Atletico were ok with it
But when Atletico had the ball they used it way better than you did

your attempts on target is a fat ZERO man

TeddyBoy

We've basically put ourselves in a situation where we might have to rest Sterling at the weekend, cos there's no chance Hodgson will leave him out for England

So with Suso out, our wide options are an exhausted Sterling, a slowly adapting Lallana, an out of form Coutinho, or a rubbish Markovic. If we play the diamond, we only have to play Lallana wide from that lot, with Coutinho or Sterling behind the front 2.

Maybe we could try:

Back five.
Gerrard/Rossiter
Henderson-Lallana
Coutinho
Sturridge- Ballotelli

-----------------------

So I've been thinking over why Liverpool seem so poor going forward. I've pretty much put it down to a lack of creativity and why this is so. Here's how most of our goals came last year and why we've looked so poor so far this season.

Goals mostly came from three players last year: Suarez (skill then pass to Sterling), Coutinho (through ball), Gerrard (long ball). Lets go through these.

Suarez: Sold with no out and out replacement.
Coutinho: During the 12/13 season he seemed to alternate between home and away games with him doing well at home and poor away. Throughout last year we wanted Coutinho to improve in his consistency and sadly he has improved in that but now he's just consistently shite.
Gerrard: Gerrards new DM role has him playing more cross field and long balls than before but ever since the world cup he's not been able to do this.

So there are the problems, what are the solutions?

Suarez --> Lallana: He won't be a direct replacement for Suarez but he doesn't need to be, if he can be creative and beat a man he'll help the team out.
Coutinho: Stick with Coutinho for the time being and try to help him find his passing again, if need be we can play Suso but Rodgers doesn't seem to keen.
Gerrard: I'm not really sure who our Gerrard replacement can be, no one in our team has the skill set Gerrard brought last year so we'll probably need to be inventive here (Rossiter is still too young to play regularly for us).

So going from this our team should be:

Back five.
Henderson-Gerrard-Coutinho
Sterling-Sturridge-Lallana

Only real weakness is Coutinho if he got outmuscled but hopefully Lallana and Gerrard can cover.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
You had more possession but while you had it you was toothless Atletico were ok with it
But when Atletico had the ball they used way better than you did

your attempts on target is a fat ZERO man

And...that's exactly what I was saying. Why are you even yelling at me

Zabojnik

Yeah, we did fuck all in attack. A couple of potentially dangeours situations, that's all. Pogba had a shit game, so did Vidal, Evra didn't show up, Lichsteiner did what he could, Marchisio was okay-ish, Llorente all fight no product, Tevez blocked, subs came on way too late. Juve'd.

Meier

Nice to see Jordy Hiwula get a loan move. Joining Yeovil til January 5th (at least). Think he has a good chance to be a solid pro, scored a lot of goals for City's youth teams. Devante Cole has done pretty well at Barnsley -- this year has been interesting in that City have sent out about 8 or so youth players on loan whereas last year there were only a few who managed it. It's great that so many are getting first team exposure.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Up to Division 3 in Single player FUT season, great fun so far 44 wins and 5 draws

Some interesting stats

The Computer has scored 12 of their last 14 "First shots" in the game and has a conversion rate of 92% of all shots.

Goalkeepers are strange, its kinda fun because any shot can go in, any shot, there are a few good ways to score but you cant guarantee them, there is certainly a random feel to it in the sense that its hard to cheese the game (and i dont like doing it anyway). It makes for some great games.

The best feature is when you are 1-0 up and they go all out attack, its insane, their players chase every ball, lunge into tackles and if you break its a great chance to score as they have no defenders. The AI gets so many reds on this mode because they just need the ball, they go hard in when they are the last man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom