• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT6| Daley Blind Is a Hack Of a Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack cw

I wonder if Dortmund will lose against Hamburg again.
I hope not. Imagine what Bild and other outlets are writing about Bayern. Too many Spaniards, Pep hates all the Bayern medical staff, Lewandowski isnt the proper striker for Bayern, Bayern scores not enough goals - the whole attack is flawed, blablabla.

Salvadora

------------------- Welbeck ------------------

Ox -----------------Alexis-----------Walcott

I hope we see this team soon.

It'd be a bit manlet but the pace would be to die for.

Scum

Goalkeepers: Fraser Forster (Southampton), Ben Foster (West Bromwich Albion), Joe Hart (Manchester City)

Defenders: Leighton Baines (Everton), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Nathaniel Clyne (Southampton), Kieran Gibbs (Arsenal), Phil Jagielka (Everton), John Stones (Everton)

Midfielders: Fabian Delph (Aston Villa), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Adam Lallana (Liverpool), James Milner (Manchester City), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal), Jonjo Shelvey (Swansea City), Raheem Sterling (Liverpool), Andros Townsend (Tottenham Hotspur), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal)

Forwards: Rickie Lambert (Liverpool), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Daniel Welbeck (Arsenal).

Hixx

How does Townsend keep getting picked?
KuGsj.gif

El Topo

Remember when Bla said that bayern wasn't going to win the league, seems like such a long time ago.

..oh wait it was two weeks

Please, EPL is even more one-sided this season. But I must admit, things are going more smoothly than expected, especially the problems of our competition are helping us.

Jarnet87

Chelsea at home for the match, Arsenal are already dead. I wonder if it will be Atkinson to add even more salt for Arsenal fans.

For fuck sake. First round in the Portuguese Cup for Sporting, dozens of lower league clubs we can get on the draw and what's our match?
Away against Porto... Rotten luck...

El Topo

You can say a lot of things about the EPL, but it is never one sided.

Right now it seems as if Chelsea are going to walk away with the title, even moreso than Bayern. Also statistically speaking EPL wasn't exactly all that unpredictable in the past decade.

Don't get me wrong, I don't expect things to stay this way this season, but it's just too early for serious predictions. Would I rather bet on Bayern than Chelsea though? Absolutely.

confuziz

Banned
Right now it seems as if Chelsea are going to walk away with the title, even moreso than Bayern. Also statistically speaking EPL wasn't exactly all that unpredictable in the past decade.

Don't get me wrong, I don't expect things to stay this way, but it's just too early for solid predictions.

Costa won't stay fit for the entire season. He's 30 and he isn't exactly 100% matchfit atm. They need him for the title.

Jack cw

Don't get me wrong, I don't expect things to stay this way this season, but it's just too early for serious predictions.

Well, EPL has way more competition from place 1 to 6. Bundesliga has basically Bayern and Dortmund. The last champion that wasn't one those two was Wolfsburg 6 years ago. Our runners ups are even more mediocre than in La Liga and worse than Seria A if we go by the results. Bundesliga has become stronger, but EPL is still miles away.

Zabojnik

I don't see him ever working in Conte's system. Even if he gets called up he will be used as an impact sub at most.

Oh, for sure, no way in hell he starts. But Conte is big on rewarding less-than-world-class players that made it happen for themselves through years of gavetta and hard work, so a call up isn't such a remote possiblity, that's all I'm saying.

El Topo

Well, EPL has way more competition from place 1 to 6. Bundesliga has basically Bayern and Dortmund. The last champion that wasn't one those two was Wolfsburg 6 years ago. Our runners ups are even more mediocre than in La Liga and worse than Seria A if we go by the results. Bundesliga has become stronger, but EPL is still miles away.

I think our usual top four are actually quite solid. It's really only afterwards that things start to go down quickly. Obviously EPL is overall a (much) stronger league though.

Costa won't stay fit for the entire season. He's 30 and he isn't exactly 100% matchfit atm. They need him for the title.

Probably right, especially if other competitors drop out of CL things will get tough. I must say though they've done a great job at the beginning of the season, where I would have expected all of the top teams to struggle.

Jack cw

I think our usual top four are actually quite solid. It's really only afterwards that things start to break down quickly. Obviously EPL is overall a (much) stronger league though.

I'm not convinced about Schalke, Leverkusen and Gladbach. If the first two somehow make it to the round of last 16 in CL, I'm pleased but in Bundesliga they'll suffer from fatigue after those 2 games every 3 days weeks.

The midfield is also extreme thin. The starters are great, but then it's Mikel and... No one, after that. Mikel is even leaving for the african cup of nations in January, so will certainly need a new good midfielder in and hope he can perform instantly.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
jojno shelvey over mark noble? fuck off hodsgon.

time for you to go have a since sit down and a biscuit and leave the decision making to people who don't rely on their match magazine subscription.

confuziz

Banned
Dinamo Moscow vs PSV match is up in 2.5 hours for anyone interested in some early (shitty) football. We're doomed without Depay.

Chalobah hurt his windpipe :/ Bad times, won't be in contention this weekend

The midfield is also extreme thin. The starters are great, but then it's Mikel and... No one, after that. Mikel is even leaving for the african cup of nations in January, so will certainly need a new good midfielder in and hope he can perform instantly.

Ramires has been better this season (not difficult admittedly) we do need another midfielder especially if Mikel and/or Ramires are sold - it won't happen in the same window but one could go in January and the other the summer theoretically. I'd like to see Jose use Ake more, probably won't happen yet though

Ramires has been better this season (not difficult admittedly) we do need another midfielder especially if Mikel and/or Ramires are sold - it won't happen in the same window but one could go in January and the other the summer theoretically. I'd like to see Jose use Ake more, probably won't happen yet though

Ramires has gotten better, even if still extremely frustrating at times. Against better opponents, and the likes of Arsenal in the weekend I prefer and seems like Mou too, for him to play (obviously he's injured right now though...). So already against Arsenal the midfield is pretty limited just due to one injury, it will either be extremely defensive with Mikel and Matic or have Fabregas next to Matic alone which has proved to be pretty dangerous at times.

Pogba must be ready to leave soon anyway with his contract situation and all.

Linius

Saw a record store mention that this was out. Never heard of them. Is it alternative/indie or what kind of music is it?

Well Iceage were really punk/noise sounding. Here's a clip of their live performance in Amsterdam a couple of years back. Just look at the crowd, it gives you an idea how crazy that night was.

Buuuut, now they sound more like Nick Cave if I have to compare it to something. Mostly the vocals resemble Cave a lot. On their single The Lord's Favourite they sound kind of country and the vocals remind more of Pete Doherty in that song. But the rest is more like this song. Dunno if you ever checked out The Birthday Party (Cave's first band)? But it really reminds me of their sound. All the songs of the new album are on their channel so you can check out the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom