• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT6| Daley Blind Is a Hack Of a Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

arkon

It's Chelsea's to lose. All the mathematical models I follow have them way out in front. They're literally unbeatable.

It's Chelsea's to lose. All the mathematical models I follow have them way out in front. They're literally unbeatable.

:lol

Well we know it's between Chelsea or City.

If Chelsea get to 10+ ahead at any point it's a wrap. City just need to keep the pace for now. Dunno what their fixture schedule looks like but it should be a lot easier than what they've had in the first few weeks.

Meier

Dunno what their fixture schedule looks like but it should be a lot easier than what they've had in the first few weeks.

PL fixtures through the end of the year:

Villa (A)
Spurs (H)
West Ham (A)
Man United (H)
QPR (A)
Swansea (H)
Soton (A)
Sunderland (A) [gulp]
Everton (H)
Leicester (A)
Palace (H)
West Brom (A)

Should win most of those games but we'll undoubtedly drop some points.

Linius

People are so random. Some dude I spoke to about three words on average each year but was in my class in high school added me on Facebook. What's the point :O

Rikkun

Ok not it's safe to post

We shouldn't even concern ourselves with Juve - Atletico. We need to secure the passage to the next stage in the next two matches against Olympiakos.

Olympiakos shouldn't be a threat, they sold half defense (see yesterday's match). We have to squash Malmoe and maybe hope in Pirlo and a better referee for Juve-Atletico.
Our attitude was pretty much the only attitude you can have against them, you just keep passing the ball until you can go 1vs1 as near as you can to their keeper. They could be easily defeatable with crosses but a) both Evra and Lich don't know how to cross the ball and b) their CBs are godlike.
Being more offensive doesn't help at all (see Real Madrid, which is LEAPS better than us and Barcelona). Ironically, they might have more problems against a non-attacking Malmoe.
The only side who could beat them (in my opinion) is Bayern, since they can have the most wrapping game thanks to Robben.

Anyway we shouldn't care about that match, it's worth only 3 points. We need to stay on top in Serie A to stay calm and stomp Olympiakos and Malmoe.

Wilbur

Banned
People are so random. Some dude I spoke to about three words on average each year but was in my class in high school added me on Facebook. What's the point :O

So he has more Facebook friends m8

Everton losing again. Moyes is fucking them from the dead.

inky

Eh, some take it further. People like that (who I had almost no interaction with before) congratulate me on my bday through Facebook like we were besties.

I guess it has to do with my high-school being very close-knit and everyone knew everyone else, but still, it's fucking weird.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Ok not it's safe to post

Olympiakos shouldn't be a threat, they sold half defense (see yesterday's match). We have to squash Malmoe and maybe hope in Pirlo and a better referee for Juve-Atletico.
Our attitude was pretty much the only attitude you can have against them, you just keep passing the ball until you can go 1vs1 as near as you can to their keeper. They could be easily defeatable with crosses but a) both Evra and Lich don't know how to cross the ball and b) their CBs are godlike.
Being more offensive doesn't help at all (see Real Madrid, which is LEAPS better than us and Barcelona). Ironically, they might have more problems against a non-attacking Malmoe.
The only side who could beat them (in my opinion) is Bayern, since they can have the most wrapping game thanks to Robben.

Anyway we shouldn't care about that match, it's worth only 3 points. We need to stay on top in Serie A to stay calm and stomp Olympiakos and Malmoe.

Well said Ricky

Can we sub our players earlier next time though?

Linius

Eh, some take it further. People like that (who I had almost no interaction with before) congratulate me on my bday through Facebook like we were besties.

I guess it has to do with my high-school being very close-knit and everyone knew everyone else, but still, it's fucking weird.

Haha, yeah I've had that too. Of course I do have a bunch of people on Facebook I'm not really in touch with anymore. But those people I just don't really have interaction with.

Who's got/getting Forza then?

Panty can't stop talking about it.

Missed this from last Europa League round... Legia pls lol

bIvIgjN.jpg

Meier

Wow. This Everton game is being broadcast in full screen/1.33:1. If Sviat sees this, I wonder if he can weigh in on whether many games from the Russia PL are broadcast in SD.

Linius

Hopefully Feyenoord gonna get some points then to even things out. Then we'll end up with a win, draw and lose just like the last round :O

Haha, you have to admit Dinamo was pretty bad today. You said they were gonna eat PSV for breakfast and dinner. Well they turn out to be a mediocre club that scored a goal in the last minute.
Dinamo were missing/didn't bother playing half their starters. Kozlov, Denisov out injured. Valbuena, Kuranyi and Zhirkov mysteriously on the bench.

But yeah Dinamo were really shit today. But its basically their first year in Europe, no surprise they can't hit the ground running. They're very good in the league though.

Bold One

looks like the Merseyside blip of last year was just that, a blip.

Perhaps a cosmic mis-alignment from United's mind-boggling choice in selecting Moyes, threw the Universe out of whack

Rikkun

I disagree tbh.

We'd kick their ass, I have no doubt.

Didn't you hand them La Liga last time you met? (Not being sarcastic, I don't usually follow it)

You may say they're now weaker since Diego Costa, Luis Filipe and Courtois are gone, they're not as good as last year but now they're even more prone to the game we saw last yesterday, defending 24/7 and putting everything onto corners, free kicks and lucky goals.

Which is NOT a bad thing, I don't think Simeone would play the same way being on the bench of United, Real or whatever, it's just that that's how they get to saddle and sometimes beat good teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom