• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT6| Daley Blind Is a Hack Of a Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

Didn't you hand them La Liga last time you met? (Not being sarcastic, I don't usually follow it)

You may say they're now weaker since Diego Costa, Luis Filipe and Courtois are gone, they're not as good as last year but now they're even more prone to the game we saw last yesterday, defending 24/7 and putting everything onto corners, free kicks and lucky goals.

Which is NOT a bad thing, I don't think Simeone would play the same way being on the bench of United, Real or whatever, it's just that that's how they get to saddle and sometimes beat good teams.

Oh Atletico?

I was just saying I don't think real Madrid are leaps better than juve or barca.

Rikkun

Oh Atletico?

I was just saying I don't think real Madrid are leaps better than juve or barca.

Shiiiiit, sorry my fault, I read that en passant and fired out a response.

(btw yeah I think RM and BM are the top two clubs in Europe, but there are many others who are close seconds)

Zabojnik

Ok not it's safe to post

Olympiakos shouldn't be a threat, they sold half defense (see yesterday's match). We have to squash Malmoe and maybe hope in Pirlo and a better referee for Juve-Atletico.
Our attitude was pretty much the only attitude you can have against them, you just keep passing the ball until you can go 1vs1 as near as you can to their keeper. They could be easily defeatable with crosses but a) both Evra and Lich don't know how to cross the ball and b) their CBs are godlike.
Being more offensive doesn't help at all (see Real Madrid, which is LEAPS better than us and Barcelona). Ironically, they might have more problems against a non-attacking Malmoe.
The only side who could beat them (in my opinion) is Bayern, since they can have the most wrapping game thanks to Robben.

Anyway we shouldn't care about that match, it's worth only 3 points. We need to stay on top in Serie A to stay calm and stomp Olympiakos and Malmoe.

Spot on, Ricky-chan, spot on.

El Topo

Would be delicious if they managed to prove that Apple fucked up with their security,

Well, I remember reading an article that claimed that Apple knew about the security flaw/weakness for months. The guy that reported it apparently even posted the e-mails he got. I haven't really kept up with the story though and it didn't get a thread at GAF, so who knows? I can't find the article right now though, might have to do that later.

In other news, upcoming German EU commissioner commented on the hack, shows his lack of expertise on the subject.

faridmon

Our Saviour Ross Barkley back in Training.
Everton is in a much desired state of tranquillity.

Now if Only Distin could be kicked out of the team, that would make my Eid!

jts

...hate me...
Just checked that I managed to stay on top of GAF's UCL fantasy even though I had 2 players missing pens on my team.

What a time to be me.

Elchele

Before anyone accuses me of being a supreme asshole, I should point out that it was a joke about Bla's recent job interview and his subsequent remark that he wouldn't persue it in any case, because he'd be making less money ("less than a cashier") than he feels he should aspire to, given his education and ability. Personally, as someone who went through a few less than ideal occupations, I think every job is perfectly honorable and doesn't necessarily tell anything about a person's worth. Thank you for understanding, and have a good day.

how much money are we talking about? I'm really curious about how much a cashier makes in Germany.

faridmon

Btw, Atsu is a shite player, Chelsea are just mastermind is forcing average players in other teams throat.

A point is nothing to sniff at though. Lets win the damn thing, lads!

Welcome to the Europa club.

The performance is a more reflection of our poor form rather than the competition itself.

We are on a downward slope!

El Topo

Google says around 3,400, which sounds closer to what I would expect although a little high. I know my brother made about 2,800 when he worked as one.

More like between 2000€ and 2900€. Average salary a while ago was apparently ~2100€ for women and ~2600€ for men.

Arsenal have been charged by UEFA for allowing flares to be brought inside the ground...but it was the Met that searched the Galatasaray fans, not the stewards.

Wonder if Rodgers and Hodgson agreed for Studge to be left out of the England squad regardless of whether he plays at the weekend

Desperate for him to start

El Topo

isn't life pretty cheap in Germany, compared to the neighbor countries? I would think that salary is pretty good

In general true, but keep in mind you'd have to pay taxes and insurance on that money. At the end of the day, that's not a lot of money left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom