• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT6| Daley Blind Is a Hack Of a Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

arkon

I'm finally back! Had a horrible 24 hours as I was taken by the ambulance for blacking out and practically passing out. All of the tests done on me said I was perfectly fine, but it's weird that it came out of nowhere. I haven't been sick. About an hour after I was released from the hospital I nearly passed out again. As soon as I feel fine I revert back to that state of nearly passing out. It happened numerous times yesterday and I felt a bit weak earlier today. My blood pressure was fine, my urine tests checked out, as did my sugar levels, chest x rays, and blood tests. I don't understand.

I'm scared it will happen again.

I'm so mad I missed out on seeing Lolerpool.

Glad to see you're alright.

Did they do an ECG? No abnormalities there?

K1LLER7

I've got this. Need to watch it. Should do that when I get in.
Just finished it. Get on it Scum. Really enjoyable film :)

The sequel suffers a bit from a deeper look at the underworld these guys are in, but its a good attempt to flesh it all out. Fight scenes are still incredible tho and that's why you see these films really lol. Also there is an amazing car scene ;)
Mad Dog....oh my lol

Sounds good! Will give the sequel a watch over the weekend.

FootballFan

I'm finally back! Had a horrible 24 hours as I was taken by the ambulance for blacking out and practically passing out. All of the tests done on me said I was perfectly fine, but it's weird that it came out of nowhere. I haven't been sick. About an hour after I was released from the hospital I nearly passed out again. As soon as I feel fine I revert back to that state of nearly passing out. It happened numerous times yesterday and I felt a bit weak earlier today. My blood pressure was fine, my urine tests checked out, as did my sugar levels, chest x rays, and blood tests. I don't understand.

Hope you're ok mate. <3

Take care mate.

It could be anxiety. Anxiety is a bitch yeah.

Giant Bomb is the greatest video game website of all time.

jeffearpfbu4.gif

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

GorillaJu

for my shame it was fat rolling.

Hahaha

Gotta stay under that 70% weight limit.

--

In Gerrard's post match interview against Basel, he said "they wanted it more than us" and "I expected to win," two things that have encapsulated something that's been bothering me for years about Stevie G.

When he is playing well, when he really wants to win the game, the team plays well. But so many times he goes out there looking like he just expects an easy time. And time and time again, we got walloped on those days. He's our captain, he should be fired up for every single performance. We should never go to Basel, a team that has beaten the last 5 PL teams that visited them, expecting to get a win. You don't expect to lose either, but I'd much rather he had the attitude of expecting to play well and work hard. Results will come if you do those two things.

I'm reading too much into it I know, but it just feels like Gerrard's lack of desire is the cause for our faults in a lot of games.

Scum

I've not watched Dredd. Will check it out sometime.

You should. Bloody good fun.

Hahaha

--

In Gerrard's post match interview against Basel, he said "they wanted it more than us" and "I expected to win," two things that have encapsulated something that's been bothering me for years about Stevie G.

When he is playing well, when he really wants to win the game, the team plays well. But so many times he goes out there looking like he just expects an easy time. And time and time again, we got walloped on those days. He's our captain, he should be fired up for every single performance. We should never go to Basel, a team that has beaten the last 5 PL teams that visited them, expecting to get a win. You don't expect to lose either, but I'd much rather he had the attitude of expecting to play well and work hard. Results will come if you do those two things.

I'm reading too much into it I know, but it just feels like Gerrard's lack of desire is the cause for our faults in a lot of games.

I don't think Stevie G lacks desire. It was just the #premface setting in.
"It's only Basel. trololo"

It's a shame that Can & Sturridge are injured. But as painful as it may be, it's high time Stevie took to spending some time on the bench, sooner rather than later...

GorillaJu

You should. Bloody good fun.

I don't think Stevie G lacks desire. It was just the #premface setting in.
"It's only Basel. trololo"

It's a shame that Can & Sturridge are injured. But as painful as it may be, it's high time Stevie took to spending some time on the bench, sooner rather than later...

But then what about "It's only Villa", "it's only Hull", "it's only West Ham"? So many games where we just don't look interested at all.

GorillaJu

Oh dear. The Spurs-itis has settled in deep. :-(

I think once you go down this road it's hard to stop, and one of the biggest issues with it is that Spurs and Liverpool don't play with an identity. An identity can be what you fall back on and rely on when things aren't going smoothly for you individually. Chelsea suffered from this until Mourinho came in and drilled the defense so well that in these kinds of games they can just be sure they absolutely don't concede (if they do, it's no more than once).

Man Utd had their Ferguson swagger, Arsenal have Wenger's unrelenting philosophy (for better or for worse), City have tactical fouls and efficiency, Chelsea have the Mourinho bus, but what do we have at Liverpool?

Last year we had lightning quick counter attacks and great harmony between teammates but this year we've regressed and now we just spend time dwelling on the ball and not doing much with it, and it doesn't seem to be as light and cheery—players aren't enjoying their football as much. If we had an identity we wouldn't be looking so badly like we need to start again at square 1.

I hope you are ok KidA.

Serie A perfect last night in Europe. I can't believe it. So far 9 wins, 2 draws and errrr Juve.

I will enjoy it while it lasts, because eventually they will all say fuck it and just focus on Serie A. Rafa is already getting complaints from people about his EL ambitions.

GorillaJu

You can't say that about a team above you in the table. Hope that helps.

A team of Liverpool's stature should be beating a team of Villa's. The problem is that the team knows this and don't respect threats the way we should and don't put the requisite effort into those fixtures.

That we don't beat them makes it entertaining for neutrals and it's one of the draws of the PL, but when you bring in 20m center backs, 20m wingers, etc. you should be living up to that investment with performances against smaller teams, regardless of their position in the table.

A team of Liverpool's stature should be beating a team of Villa's. The problem is that the team knows this and don't respect threats the way we should and don't put the requisite effort into those fixtures.

That we don't beat them makes it entertaining for neutrals and it's one of the draws of the PL, but when you bring in 20m center backs, 20m wingers, etc. you should be living up to that investment with performances against smaller teams, regardless of their position in the table.

Whatever you say. Results indicate otherwise.

K1LLER7

Liverpool have been poor since Sturridge got injured. There's nobody in attack (Except Sterling) that really look like they could score goals and worries defenders. I can see the team continue to struggle if Sturridge doesn't start well after his return.

Could it be an anxiety attack? Keep well, man.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member

Wow, best of luck KidA.

valeo

Sounds like anxiety to me - I've had similar.

Didn't think I'd see a Shane smeltz video posted on football gaf lol.

What a talent son.

This ! I'm a Wellington Phoenix fan - Smeltz was the boss until his Missus convinced him to bugger off the Gold Coast. Then he made up for it at the World Cup scoring that dodgy offside goal against Italy..

They should've went for the Brockster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVB...VY&feature=iv&annotation_id=annotation_922349

FootballFan

Hahaha

--

Puyol is GOAT captain for that shit. Even when winning 5-0 he'd yell at anyone slacking off/not trying for a second. Mr. 110% every game.

:(

FootballFan

This ! I'm a Wellington Phoenix fan - Smeltz was the boss until his Missus convinced him to bugger off the Gold Coast. Then he made up for it at the World Cup scoring that dodgy offside goal against Italy..

They should've went for the Brockster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVB...VY&feature=iv&annotation_id=annotation_922349

oh wellington
oh wellington

is wonderful
is wonderful

oh wellington is wonderful

with the wind the rain and the phoenix

oh wellington is wonderful.

I go to their rare games at Eden Park. lol.

Glad everything is fine KidA

A few months ago my dad had double vision after waking up from sleep. But all tests came back fine and things went back to normal in a few days. Body is a strange thing.

EmiPrime

Hope you feel better today KidA.

Lessons from 9am to 5pm. Wonder what it's like to do a degree that does about that in an entire week.

Liverpool don't have a single player-relationship that functions properly at the moment except for maybe Skrtel-Manquillo. Got a fuck-tonne of work to do on the training ground. Fuck knows where the next genuinely good performance is coming from. We're batting 1 for 9 so far this season.

As an aside, that Michael guy on Football Weekly seems a bit of a killjoy knobend. Would be glad if he's never on it again.

Fintan

Liverpool don't have a single player-relationship that functions properly at the moment except for maybe Skrtel-Manquillo. Got a fuck-tonne of work to do on the training ground. Fuck knows where the next genuinely good performance is coming from. We're batting 1 for 9 so far this season.

As an aside, that Michael guy on Football Weekly seems a bit of a killjoy knobend. Would be glad if he's never on it again.
He's only on about twice a season because he's a QPR fan. I think he's actually a music journalist.

GorillaJu

I thought that bit where one of the FW guys (was it JR?) is saying "Arsenal should be competing for top honors" and Barry goes "Arsenal? No they shouldn't" was hilarious

Plasma

Banned
Ramsey out for a few weeks has now turned into a couple of months our medical staff needs a big shake up they don't seem to have a clue.

pappe

Ramsey out for a few weeks has now turned into a couple of months our medical staff needs a big shake up they don't seem to have a clue.

The amount of injuries Arsenal and United have are mind boggling compared to the amount City and Chelsea get.

United should hire Eva.

GorillaJu

United aren't really a club that historically has injury problems though. It's just recently that there's been that bad glut of injuries. Arsenal have been like this for a good 7 or 8 years now.

Salazar

I know that feeling.

Was drank under the table by someone 4 years my junior last night. I'm 23. The utter shame of it.

I am so far out of drinking practice I would probably be reduced to a motor-skills level comparable with that of an elite Russian league footballer by a pint or two.

The odd glass of champagne makes me feel wobbly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom