• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT6| Daley Blind Is a Hack Of a Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

F2tXWPr.png

dat avatar

Blablurn

I always loved the Amsterdam Stadium. It was definitely ahead of its time in terms of design. So freaking modern <3 Looked awesome back in the 90s already.

Linius

Maybe Arsenal should start doing it. Just stick the fans in a section up top.

That EL Shaarawy running.

To be fair, where else would you put them? You save the best spots for your own crowd at home.

I always loved the Amsterdam Stadium. It was definitely ahead of its time in terms of design. So freaking modern <3 Looked awesome back in the 90s already.

It used to be hated a lot. Still to be fair by fans of other clubs. The UFO is its most popular nickname I guess. Ajax started using it in 96 and the whole atmosphere we had going on in home games at De Meer (the old stadium) was pretty much gone with our current stadium. It was such a huge step and so modern for the time. But luckily over the years it all came back and Ajax fans (most of them at least) are content with the stadium as it is now. Sucks though that we never play at the Olympic stadium anymore. Back in the day with our old stadium we always played big games at the Olympic because our own stadium wasn't up to standards and we couldn't pack a big crowd there.

Salvadora

I mean why does it have to download it again.

Fucking hell. But I use Ad... Nevermind.
It's to save on bandwidth costs which are very expensive for a site like YouTube. Makes sense when you consider that a good amount of the users may only watch a small section of the video.

Zabojnik

It's to save on bandwidth costs which are very expensive for a site like YouTube. Makes sense when you consider that a good amount of the users may only watch a small section of the video.

I probably expressed myself poorly. You watch the video. It loads in its entirety. You want to watch it again. You click on the replay arrow. It starts downloading the video from the start again. So it's doing the opposite of saving bandwidth, it's downloading the video twice.

VICTORYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYy

I'm buying a Bonaventura shirt next season (assuming the kits aren't as hideous as this year's). Fucking love that guy.

Peco

We're still playing like shit but who the fuck cares, a win is a win.

lmao @ Meggiorini trying to kill the fascist.

Come on son.

L1NETT

Random TV recommendation, but for UK gaf Detectorists on BBC Four.

Sitcom with Mckenzie Crook and Toby Jones. Lovely charming little thing. Wonderfully written and Jones is excellent as per. Only one episode down but can already see myself getting really into this show.

Arsenal's away section is bottom tier by the corner flag. I think it is standard in the PL.
It's because of the rules regarding the away fan allocation and safety.

In England you have to give the opponents a minimum of 3k away seats, or 10% if your capacity is below 30,000.

If you're hosting 3k people you are likely to be giving some space in a lower tier unless you want to give a very large section of the upper tier. But if you do that you then have the safety element of away fans throwing things from height. And we don't allow any cages or that stupid shit.

Some clubs still do it, Newcastle for instance you're miles up.

How many away fans do you get in La Liga? Like 200/300 if you're lucky.

In England you have to give the opponents a minimum of 3k away seats, or 10% if your capacity is below 30,000.

If you're hosting 3k people you are likely to be giving some space in a lower tier unless you want to give a very large section of the upper tier. But if you do that you then have the safety element of away fans throwing things from height. And we don't allow any cages or that stupid shit.

Cheers for that.

Linius

I believe our away section packs 1500 fans tops.

Zabojnik

Random TV recommendation, but for UK gaf Detectorists on BBC Four.

Sitcom with Mckenzie Crook and Toby Jones. Lovely charming little thing. Wonderfully written and Jones is excellent as per. Only one episode down but can already see myself getting really into this show.

Looks interesting, will watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom