• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT6| Daley Blind Is a Hack Of a Player

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many away fans do you get in La Liga? Like 200/300 if you're lucky.

I don't know, but in Italy they can afford to give them some good spots... Especially when only one person shows up

KbIjGB0.jpg

7zPmBVW.jpg

N5DAFgV.jpg

lol

Hixx

It's amazing how shit BBC's live stream is. It's 2014 and you would genuinely get better quality from a pirate stream than their official one.

dc89

You might be a disgrace but no one will ever take this from you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJtULo4-XF0

<3

well you do support Man City

mwrfiyA.gif

I think I was just numb when that happened. Couldn't believe it. It was worse because I couldn't see it live and was following BBC updates.

What a day. To be alive.

It's not a real word. Bet an American cane up with it.

#TeamItsNotAWord

Arnie

Ahhh just seen Lallana scored.

Cunt.

Knew he;d go on to do alright.
He was well good today.

Seen Sterling is getting his contract. Good. Just pay the boy, he's worth it. Make sure it's a five year deal and don't put a release clause in it.

Then buy Higauin in January.

It was Rickie Lambert. He not even active when he is on the pitch.

Watching MotD delayed, but iirc he's not blocking Foster's vision or movement at all, and he doesn't interfere with anything

wtf at the replays cutting off Lallana's dragback which gave him the room to attack

TeddyBoy

He was well good today.

Seen Sterling is getting his contract. Good. Just pay the boy, he's worth it. Make sure it's a five year deal and don't put a release clause in it.

Then buy Higauin in January.

We've got enough strikers, we need midfielders. We need cover for Coutinho and Gerrard (I'm presuming Lallana is a LW for us).

Arnie

Lovren gave away the pen?

HAHAHAHAH

YES
He's made more clangers in six games than Sakho has in a season and a bit.

Can't fucking fathom it.

Don't rate him at all.
He looked good in the highlights.

He's a triffic player to be honest Arnold. Can sometimes dift out of games all together but he's really a joy to watch.

Hes not Tadic though.
He's so lovely and glidey on the ball.

But then if it's not amounting to much it's annoying. And ponderous. And his voice is bad.

If he brings the consistency into his game I'm sure I'll love him.
We've got enough strikers, we need midfielders. We need cover for Coutinho and Gerrard (I'm presuming Lallana is a LW for us).
Nah.

We don't have enough top class strikers. Other than Sturridge we've got nout. We need Sturridge and Higauin and Balotelli. Proper competition. Lambert should be fourth choice. Borini should be in Hixx's local with his hand between his teeth after a 180.

Can is Gerrard's backup. Lallana and Markovic are Coutinho's.

We need to start scoring goals. Higauin is goals.

We've got enough strikers

Quantity, not quality

Not sure we can afford to spend in January, we're getting by FFP by the skin of our teeth afaik, and we can't assume we'll get CL next year.

Unless FFP only counts for seasons in which you're in the CL

Sterling's stats recently must be shocking. Seems like he's losing the ball like 2/3 of the time

He's made more clangers in six games than Sakho has in a season and a bit.

Can't fucking fathom it.

Don't rate him at all.

Did you see the bit where we were 2-1 up, the ball bounces on the edge of our box at head height, Lovren tries powering it away and somehow headers in straight into the ground 3 feet in front of him? And he got caught under the ball badly from a routine cross, which Berahino fortunately didn't manage to react to in time and headed it over.

He's certainly not been better this season than Sakho was last, think his style makes people overlook his weaknesses, and overrate his attributes. Like, he could make the exact same passes as Sakho but with a lower success rate, and he'd still be considered a better passer because he looks more comfortable doing it.

He needs to improve.

Wonder if Henderson has been told to basically act like he is the captain, reminded me a little of Carragher today, more of a co-captain than a vice.

Holy fuck Shearer is stupid

'that ball should be in behind for Lambert to run onto'

When Lambert is running parallel to a defender. Has he seen Lambert sprinting recently. If it's not to his feet, or he doesn't have a massive headstart, he ain't getting there

Feorax

Wonder if Henderson has been told to basically act like he is the captain, reminded me a little of Carragher today, more of a co-captain than a vice.

Was interesting to see him bollock Gerrard late on in the game. Wasn't afraid to let Suarez know when he fucked up last season either.

Hodgson is just incredible entertainment value at this point. He obviously fucking hates this city.

ATF487

Did you see the bit where we were 2-1 up, the ball bounces on the edge of our box at head height, Lovren tries powering it away and somehow headers in straight into the ground 3 feet in front of him?

This was infuriating.

Can't believe he cost 20 million. How's Llori doing, can we get him back :(

Hixx

Connor Wickham can't even get into the u21 squad.

#agenda

@ALS_Fanzine 3m3 minutes ago
Lee Cattermole proving that just because you talk like a smurf doesn't mean you aren't a competent footballer

Hahahahahaaha

TeddyBoy

Nah.

We don't have enough top class strikers. Other than Sturridge we've got nout. We need Sturridge and Higauin and Balotelli. Proper competition. Lambert should be fourth choice. Borini should be in Hixx's local with his hand between his teeth after a 180.

Can is Gerrard's backup. Lallana and Markovic are Coutinho's.

We need to start scoring goals. Higauin is goals.

Hugauin would probably be a great player for us but like Hitch says, we're too close to FFP to just buy him and the prices we would get for selling Borini and Lucas wouldn't cover it.

I'm not sure if Can is Henderson's back up right now.

Lallana is Suarez's replacement and Markovic is Sterlings understudy for me.

Quantity, not quality

Not sure we can afford to spend in January, we're getting by FFP by the skin of our teeth afaik, and we can't assume we'll get CL next year.

Unless FFP only counts for seasons in which you're in the CL

Sterling's stats recently must be shocking. Seems like he's losing the ball like 2/3 of the time

I think we've got bigger weaknesses in the squad other than striker. Sturridge doesn't get injured with us it's only with England so I don't think we need to spend big on another striker right now.

Hixx

When Fletch scored his first today he ran to the family corner and screamed for them to fuck off
KuGsj.gif

First goal in 10 months, you cretin.

noal

Banned
I'm sure even the FA would hope their manager wouldn't openly offend the region where half his team comes from.

I think, due to the English team being in a transition period, that we should go slighty left field and just take a gamble on a manager. Give him a two year contract and just see what happens. There's no great loss there.

We have NO expectations.

I think we've got bigger weaknesses in the squad other than striker. Sturridge doesn't get injured with us it's only with England so I don't think we need to spend big on another striker right now.

You're right, but I love Gonzo :(

Seriously though, Sturridge, Higuain, Balotelli and Origi would give us so many options. Higuain would be the only one who can only play as an out-and-out striker as well I think

Higuain teaching Divock how to find the right positions
Sturridge teaching Divock how to dance
Balotelli teaching Divock how to live

It'd be boss.

Shame Ilori is in the French league, makes it difficult for fans to get a proper idea of how he's doing since nobody watches Ligue 1. Nobody watched Granada either, but Revista was worth watching at least

Arnie

How was Gone Girl, Arnie? Parents saw it today, said it was brilliant.
It's good.

It's almost identical to the book though. They've basically consolidated some of the side characters into the main roles but apart from that it's the same.

Hard for me to properly judge it because I knew every twist and turn, and the structure was so similar that they all arrived as I anticipated them to.

I enjoyed it but it didn't blow me away. The casting was sensational. And the environments all looked as I imagined them to.

Definitely go watch it. If you haven't read the book you'll really enjoy it. If you have you won't dislike it.

I have problems with Gillian Flynn's plot though and it has nothing to do with Fincher.

WJD

Gone Girl was really good fun. Agree with Arnie that the main crux of the film lies in it's plot and when you know everything that's coming it's obviously a little less powerful. Would love to have watched it with a clean slate.

Interstellar trailer gave me actual goosebumps though. Please don't be as poo as Inception and TDKR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom