• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT6| Daley Blind Is a Hack Of a Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

D_prOdigy

A Man Utd fan that was born in Manchester? Makes a change...

card-crusher-stare-om4s95.gif

Scum

I remember feeling really sorry for the guy who said he was a paedophile a year or two ago.

Like, it probably isn't the wisest thing to admit on a place such as GAF... but it was relevant to the topic, and he was really interesting. Said he's been for counselling, this and that and he can't help he's attracted to young people. Didn't ever act on it, but yeah.

And I felt really sad that this guy knows it's wrong and can't help himself, and will probably never find love because he isn't attracted to people of his own age, and that if he really would never act on it it's very upsetting and I have sympathy for him.

Then he got banned.

I remember this. I always remember him being more calm about it than most if the so called rational people in the thread.

Scum

"recommend me a shotgun for home protection"

:lol fucking hell

Why do you need a shotgun to protect yourself? Mental.

It's like the sort of thing you ask when you're after a new graphics card. Even more worrying is that he's getting recommendations on what to buy. 😲

That Assassin Creed resolution thread is glorious. Love seeing everyone get so upset over practically nothing.

One on hand I feel for them, but I also would love to post and tell everyone complaining to step up to the big leagues if you care that much. I mean if you bought a console then that resolution and framerate must be acceptable to you. I know this is somewhat missing the point, but it does solve the issue.

Hixx

Alien Isolation is poo.

I've only played 30 mins but that is my review. Also the LOD is RIDICULOUS. No wonder it will run on a potato.

kharma45

One on hand I feel for them, but I also would love to post and tell everyone complaining to step up to the big leagues if you care that much. I mean if you bought a console then that resolution and framerate must be acceptable to you. I know this is somewhat missing the point, but it does solve the issue.

Exactly. If you want the good stuff get a PC. If you want easy stuff just buy a console.

Scum

Thread carefully if you venture in there, m9. You'll be branded a PC heathen, quoted multiple times and might end up getting banned by back seat modding.

Let them cry bloody murder. They're all going to buy the fucking game anyway. 😒

Thread carefully if you venture in there, m9. You'll be branded a PC heathen, quoted multiple times and might end up getting banned by back seat modding.

Let them cry bloody murder. They're all going to buy the fucking game anyway. 😒

🐥

Arnie

I get what you're saying Bungie but we're at a point this generation where 1080p is very much the standard on PS4, just like 720p was the standard last generation.

People are coming at this from that angle, of a year into the lifecycle, rather than as a decision at launch.

I wouldn't sit and complain about it because I'm not an utter fucking lettuce and I also wouldn't pay £400 extra to add 180p to my Assassins Creed experience, but I do need to highlight where your reading of the situation falls down.

People are annoyed that the game doesn't do what almost every other PS4 game has managed. Not that it isn't as graphically stupendous as a top-spec PC.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I get what you're saying Bungie but we're at a point this generation where 1080p is very much the standard on PS4, just like 720p was the standard last generation.

People are coming at this from that angle, of a year into the lifecycle, rather than as a decision at launch.

I wouldn't sit and complain about it because I'm not an utter fucking lettuce and I also wouldn't pay £400 extra to add 180p to my Assassins Creed experience, but I do need to highlight where your reading of the situation falls down.

People are annoyed that the game doesn't do what almost every other PS4 game has managed. Not that it isn't as graphically stupendous as a top-spec PC.

people on here just want to be annoyed and outraged really

it's like I'm in a forum filled with Roma fans

El Topo

I fear you're giving some people in that thread way too much credit. Some comments in there are way worse than anything elsk has produced regarding Guardiola.
That said, what a PR blunder.

LTWheels

Actually most games last gen were really sub 720p. But no one cared or complained then.

Although power has increased, it doesn't mean games on consoles are guaranteed to hit 1080p. It's not as if the graphics have stayed the same quality as last gen, but now at 1080p. Everything has increased.

It's no surprise AC struggles to reach 1080. If you have ever played the PC versions, you realise that it's the CPU that's the issue, not the graphics card. That's what they have said about the console version as well.

But it's only standard if they limit other effects. Wasn't PS4 Battlefield 4 900p for example?

When you buy a console you should accept that your only choice when it comes to resolution is whether to buy the game or not.

Actually most games last gen were really sub 720p. But no one cared or complained then.

Although power has increased, it doesn't mean games on consoles are guaranteed to hit 1080p. It's not as if the graphics have stayed the same quality as last gen, but now at 1080p. Everything has increased.

It's no surprise AC struggles to reach 1080. If you have ever played the PC versions, you realise that it's the CPU that's the issue, not the graphics card. That's what they have said about the console version as well.

Didnt the Ubisoft guy essentially say 'we've hamstrung the PS4 version to avoid debate about inter-console disparity'

Sounds to me like they could have hit 1080p if they could be arsed

Bold One

Didnt the Ubisoft guy essentially say 'we've hamstrung the PS4 version to avoid debate about inter-console disparity'

this essentially the problem, making a lesser product on their own volition nothing to do with PCs or their capabilities. I really don't get why the PC crowd have to do this....

But it's only standard if they limit other effects. Wasn't PS4 Battlefield 4 900p for example?

When you buy a console you should accept that your only choice when it comes to resolution is whether to buy the game or not.

Just because you accept something doesn't make your complaints illegitimate

It'd be like saying that when you build a PC you should accept that some ports will be technical messes, and then the only thing to do is decide whether to buy the game or not

Scum

It's Ubi. Thet haven't been arsed for years.

Is it Colonial Marines all over again? So many negative reviews and comments.

Seems more like the novelty wears off when you're stuck in a locker hiding for 10mins.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Mata did a Rooney on Sunday, relatively anonymous but set up a goal

Arnie

Fuck. Picked up the wrong set of keys this morning. Locked out my gaff.

Housemate is at a fucking pub quiz.

Jesus fucking christ. This is karma for something. I don't know what.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Fuck. Picked up the wrong set of keys this morning. Locked out my gaff.

Housemate is at a fucking pub quiz.

Jesus fucking christ. This is karma for something. I don't know what.

your pro Roma posts

and Stramaccioni

Scum

you mock gaming side but your ubi shite is even more boring

scum pls

play Valiant Hearts

play Rayman

Tell me ubi aren't arsed

Let me hate on Ubi pls, Linette. UPlay sucks.

I've got Valiant Hearts. Just need to install it. I also need to start Rayman Legends. :3

Just because you accept something doesn't make your complaints illegitimate

It'd be like saying that when you build a PC you should accept that some ports will be technical messes, and then the only thing to do is decide whether to buy the game or not

Not sure how that analogy fits. That's more an issue of people doing a poor job, whereas sub 1080p games on console are more often than not a decision taken to prioritise other areas of the game (although obviously that is unlikely in this case). The complaint is legitimate, and as I said I feel for them. But it just doesn't make sense to care that much about the resolution of your games and then play on a console.

Hixx

Really? All the screenshots and videos have looked pretty damn good. Hmm...

What's the issue with the LOD? Is it a depth of field issue or is it just shit?

Things popping into view 10 yards away. I took some screenshots now I cant fucking find them

First example, but similar happens with character models at less than those distances. Hopefully it was just on the first level like. Also facial animation outside of cutscenes is... not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom