• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT6| Daley Blind Is a Hack Of a Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bold One

Those Drive Club scores
iU9wk9lPdhHay.png

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=907985

People put way too much investment into scores

inky

fucking lol

The Order will be the next big first party game to get absolutely panned by critics.

IDK, that's gonna be a weird one. I mean, it has all the makings of a AAA "cinematic" experience, including the cinematic framerate feel, and game critics like eating that shit up by the bowlful, but when even IGN is panning you during previews for the lack of interactivity it kinda signals they might've gone too far on their attempts.

Even then, if it has enough Uncharted-y moments it might be hailed as the second coming of videogames too. It looks pretty enough.

Reporter asked Cornelius if he was happy to finally have scored again. The reply: "I don't care".

That excitement for scoring goals.
corororporq4.png

¨
IDK, that's gonna be a weird one. I mean, it has all the makings of a AAA "cinematic" experience, including the cinematic framerate feel, and game critics like eating that shit up by the bowlful, but when even IGN is panning you during previews for the lack of interactivity it kinda signals they might've gone too far on their attempts.

Even then, if it has enough Uncharted-y moments it might be hailed as the second coming of videogames too. It looks pretty enough.

Well there's a reason for it being previews, not reviews. Not a whole lot has been shown of the game, although I do think the wrong things have been shown. That one trailer almost made it look like heavy rain.

Grown ass men can make their own decisions. I don't care if some of them are idiots, we don't need any more rules in this nanny state.

The whole thing about concussions is that people are not in a state to make that kind of decision... As they you know... Just had a concussion.

Just seen a guy wearing a tracksuit, one of them Gangsta ones. But there's a wet patch on his inner/front thigh bit. A sole wet patch. Hmm.

Slizz

Grown ass men can make their own decisions. I don't care if some of them are idiots, we don't need any more rules in this nanny state.

Thanks to the NFL concussions are and should have been serious business. Less contact in this brand of football and substitution rules make it difficult, but something should be done.

The whole thing about concussions is that people are not in a state to make that kind of decision... As they you know... Just had a concussion.

This too.

inky

I can't tell if you are joking. But sure, playing football comes with a medical degree after all, so these people can assess whether they are fine to continue after they've been knocked out cold by a blow to the head.

Scum

They won't be in a state to make judgment themselves. These type of head injuries also tend to manifest at later times.

Bring in rugby rules, I say. Temp subs, innit.

Arnie

Forgot to say last night but I bought the Dragon's Teeth expansion for BF4 and 64 player Conquest on Pearl Market is sublime.

Some of the funnest Battlefield experiences I've had since 2. Map could do with a Black Hawk but it's fucking brilliant regardless.

L1NETT

If a goalie sustains an injury at any time and has to come off, bringing on a sub goalie doesn't count as one of the three substitutions

there

temp subs would also work.

I was under the impression the doctor gave the OK on the pitch.

But you said "Grown ass men can make their own decisions". Did you refer to the doctors there then? If you did, they apparently can't make the decision either as they seem influenced by the team and the player wanting him to play on.

But you said "Grown ass men can make their own decisions". Did you refer to the doctors there then? If you did, they apparently can't make the decision either as they seem influenced by the team and the player wanting him to play on.

This will always be the issue unless rules change. Doctors work for the team, if there is a 1% chance the player can continue they will go that route.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
If a goalie sustains an injury at any time and has to come off, bringing on a sub goalie doesn't count as one of the three substitutions

there

temp subs would also work.

the LVgeniuses of this world will exploit this tho 1nn1t

I think it will get compared to Gears of War quite a lot and that had co-op/multiplayer whereas The Order doesn't. A lot of reviews (rightly or wrongly) seem to take a lot interest in what a game isn't as opposed to what a game is. I hope for RaD that its a good game, looks interesting enough although reviews as you said haven't exactly been glowing

Should be an automatic sub after assessment from an independent doc at each game.

Bad luck if you used all your subs. Same as any other injury.

Esch

Banned
Opinion: Arsenal's formation doesn't matter, Jack Wilshere does

When playing through the middle, Wilshere sees a lot of the ball. That's natural -- his preference is to attempt to dribble the ball first, then pass, and for the most part that's okay. It's not necessarily "selfish" or anything like that, it's just his style and that can be useful in a team. It also has the effect of sometimes making Wilshere look like he's playing well simply because he's seeing the ball a lot, and most of the things he's trying are coming off. It's a less subtle way to have an effect on a game than others might have.

It can cause problems, though. Spending too much time on the ball can take the rest of the team out of the game. It can cause stagnation, and reduces the variability in attack that I talked about earlier. Everything slows down, you start losing the ball deeper and deeper in your own territory, you get tackled and can't defend the counterattack...all in all, bad things happen.

dragging jacky boy for filth

Portugeezer

Tend to agree with this. Don't like the "free sub" idea. No other injury do you get a free sub for.

With other injuries a player can stay on the pitch to fill in the space if they want.

What you guys are talking about is a forced sub because doctor says so, no matter what the player thinks.

Meier

I was under the impression the doctor gave the OK on the pitch.

If you read the article, you'll see that it means that it takes upwards of 7 minutes to properly diagnose a concussion. They only checked on Courtois for about a minute. They're not being stringent enough.

With other injuries a player can stay on the pitch to fill in the space if they want.

What you guys are talking about is a forced sub because doctor says so, no matter what the player thinks.
What you are talking about is letting players who don't know where they are carry on at the risk of life changing brain damage.

And that's not an exaggeration.

This is gross.

Doctors are supposed to protect players, sometimes from themselves.

inky

What you are talking about is letting players who don't know where they are carry on at the risk of life changing brain damage.

And that's not an exaggeration.

Exactly. Some sports fans seem to think that 'A match outcome' > 'A person's life'.

Kingdom Hearts 3 is now using Unreal Engine 4

I saw this last night. Fucking hell, SE. It's great that they've switch to UE4. They can't screw that up, but they spent all those years, money and resources on the Luminous engine for nuffink. looool

Wooden, pls.

Incompetent company.

L1NETT

Just go down clutching your head and temp sub someone on.

But what's the benefit for cheating that system like that.

A sub keeper who is probably a youth teamer or an old fart sitting their for the cheques can come on and be rubbish at keepin

Ideally yeah there shouldn't be a free sub but I can see managers not wanting to take players of. Can you imagine Mou if they had used all three subs and Courtoius had been injured. There is no way he would let him come off. I think managers would be more willing to accept the free/temp sub rule.

It's about player safety really innit

have you ever played football? Have you ever had a head injury

these pros just wanna play the game but a head injury is serious fucking business

it's not up to them. They aren't gonna run it off.

But what's the benefit for cheating that system like that.

A sub keeper who is probably a youth teamer or an old fart sitting their for the cheques can come on and be rubbish at keepin

Ideally yeah there shouldn't be a free sub but I can see managers not wanting to take players of. Can you imagine Mou if they had used all three subs and Courtoius had been injured. There is no way he would let him come off. I think managers would be more willing to accept the free/temp sub rule.

It's about player safety really innit

have you ever played football? Have you ever had a head injury

these pros just wanna play the game but a head injury is serious fucking business

it's not up to them. They aren't gonna run it off.

Oh, I thought you meant temp subs across the board including outfield players.

Tbh I don't see any reason why a free sub should be allowed. The decision needs to be taken away from managers and players - they don't get a say. If they don't like it that's tough. IMO it's an issue which has a relatively simple solution.

I mean I agree managers would definitely lobby against it, can totally see that, but fuck em.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom