• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT6| Daley Blind Is a Hack Of a Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

I hope to join you soon. I've been due an upgrade since December and I just haven't been bothered to get round to it despite minging around with an iPhone 4 which doesn't fucking work properly now. :lol

Just getting used to it all but it's really slick.

Havent you learned anything from the Shawshank redemption? some people aren't ready for "freedom".

I have never seen that film. It's on my Sky HD box, but I have never watched it. :/

what took you so long you sheep

see, now this is why I'll never get Twin Peaks. Is it the live action version of Deadly Premonition? Am I supposed to laugh at it? But I don't want to

Just don't ever expect it to be consistent in tone. Every scene feels like it's jumping to a different genre. And all of it should be seen through the prism of David Lynch somewhat taking the piss. And yet sort of not.

El Topo

Just don't ever expect to be consistent in tone. Every scene feels like it's jumping to a different genre. And all of it should be seen through the prism of David Lynch somewhat taking the piss. And yet sort of not.

I would say the first season was still a lot more consistent (both in tone and quality) than the second. Frankly in hindsight they should've just cut (much of) the supernatural stuff.

see, now this is why I'll never get Twin Peaks. Is it the live action version of Deadly Premonition? Am I supposed to laugh at it? But I don't want to

I think it's the other way around. But then, yes, Deadly Premonition is pretty much a copy of Twin Peaks... I mean they had to change Deadly Premonitions name and change around midgets to be two twins and stuff instead, because it was too twin peakish. You are supposed to laugh at some scenes yes, or at least find the weirdness of it entertaining. But you aren't, because you have bad taste and probably sleep with an Axl Rose pillow. No one will ever be as great as James, not even Axl Rose.

Disagree, I actually really liked that side of it.

It was certainly less consistent in the second season, but I also quite liked the supernatural stuff. It was other things that failed.

El Topo

Disagree, I actually really liked that side of it.

I usually like supernatural stuff like that, but I felt that it didn't always work too well with Twin Peaks. Maybe I'm unfairly blaming the demise of the show's quality on the (stronger focus on the) supernatural.
I liked the cryptic stuff, the visions, or the weird radio signal stuff, but I felt it became too much after a while. Again, maybe it's just the general demise of the show's quality and not the supernatural stuff.

There are like three good Twin Peaks episodes after the original mystery is wrapped up, and one of them is the last episode. Along the way, there is some truly bad television.

And I say that as someone who loves Twin Peaks.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I really don't want to hate you
more
Totti, stop Totting.

tumblr_nd1pmheaKI1s8z5rho2_250.gif

tumblr_nd1hrfFrRh1qcxfxbo3_500.gif

Yurt, this is exactly what it is.

Just don't ever expect it to be consistent in tone. Every scene feels like it's jumping to a different genre. And all of it should be seen through the prism of David Lynch somewhat taking the piss. And yet sort of not.

I think it's the other way around. But then, yes, Deadly Premonition is pretty much a copy of Twin Peaks... I mean they had to change Deadly Premonitions name and change around midgets to be two twins and stuff instead, because it was too twin peakish. You are supposed to laugh at some scenes yes, or at least find the weirdness of it entertaining. But you aren't, because you have bad taste and probably sleep with an Axl Rose pillow. No one will ever be as great as James, not even Axl Rose.
BUT I NEVER ASKED FOR THIS ;_; hating it was mostly* my fault really, because I wanted it to be something it wasn't.

*the reviews were all misleading too.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
GUYS

GUYS

Juve defender Bonucci stoked those flames when he took to Twitter and wrote: “You should wash your mouth out! The only thing that counts is victory: I am enjoying it!”

He later added on social media: “There is no reference to Roma fans, it was just my celebration. Just as I do in other occasions.”

There are reports in the Corriere dello Sport that Roma players were insulted at the airport in Turin on their way back to the Capital.

It’s claimed airport workers sparked up the stadium chant ‘You never win,’ while even the pilot declared ‘Forza Juve’ during his pre-flight message to passengers.

Lawyer, Roma fan and former member of the club Carlo Taormina took things even further during his interview on Radio 24.

“We should get a machine gun in hand, a virtual one of course. All three of Juve’s goals should’ve been disallowed.

“This calls for a strike, while Rocchi should be kicked out of the world of refereeing and we citizens will press charges against him, asking whether his behaviour was intentional or not. Anyone who helps football take this direction should be arrested

twin-peaks-series-return-showtime.gif

Into

Juve defender Bonucci stoked those flames when he took to Twitter and wrote: “You should wash your mouth out! The only thing that counts is victory: I am enjoying it!”

There are reports in the Corriere dello Sport that Roma players were insulted at the airport in Turin on their way back to the Capital.

It’s claimed airport workers sparked up the stadium chant ‘You never win,’ while even the pilot declared ‘Forza Juve’ during his pre-flight message to passengers.

LOOOOOL how does the crust out of our shit taste Roma?

Angry Roma fan who somehow managed to graduate out of law school and is today a lawyer:

“This calls for a strike, while Rocchi should be kicked out of the world of refereeing and we citizens will press charges against him, asking whether his behaviour was intentional or not. Anyone who helps football take this direction should be arrested.”

Please do go on a strike. Nothing could make me happier. But you wont, you are just talking shit, its all you ever do.

Elchele

Højbjerg said today that he wants to leave Bayern in Januart. Sale or loan.

it has been obvious since the beginning that he needs to go on loan. We only kept him for this first half of the season because Schweinsteiger and Thiago are injured and Kroos left. but there's no room for him right now and specially with Thiago coming back

He needs to develop more to be a starter at Bayern. I'm hoping Gladbach or Augsburg will take him

Maybe people will finally stop pretending to care about that. There's only room for Gran Turismo.

should I watch it? normally I would but it is from 90-91, so I fear it aged very badly

It has aged as anything from back then, but it was really fucking weird and silly back then too. You should still watch it, don't listen to Yurt. It's not a huge time investment compared to other shows either.

Thing about Driveclub is, it's fantastic.

Seriously. Arcade-ish, but brutal. Cunt AI that will try to fuck you up. Amazing atmosphere and music.

Only problem is that it has quite low amount of content since the focus is on multiplayer racing. Sort of like Titanfall, Battlefield where it shines when it's online.

I give it an 8. Once it gets patched with Replay and Weather, it'll pretty much be a 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom