• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT6| Daley Blind Is a Hack Of a Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

L1NETT

Watford to appoint Slaviša Jokanović as the club's new manager, according to Sky Sources

that's a good trivia question

which english club did he play for

no cheating

Everyone is wrong.

Best player during the Zidane, Nedved era is Claude Makélélé.

In his playing career, which ended at Paris Saint-Germain, Makélélé also played for Nantes, Olympique de Marseille, Celta Vigo, Real Madrid and Chelsea. He won league titles in France, Spain and England. Makélélé was a French international for 13 years, and part of the team which reached the final of the 2006 FIFA World Cup.

Makélélé was one of the players that defined the defensive midfield role that was previously unknown of in English football, especially during the 2004–05 FA Premier League season when Chelsea won the title with 95 points. In homage to Makélélé, many fans and pundits alike have dubbed the defensive midfield position as the "Makélélé Role."

I think Claude has this kind of gift – he's been the best player in the team for years but people just don't notice him, don't notice what he does. But you ask anyone at Real Madrid during the years we were talking about and they will tell you he was the best player at Real. We all knew, the players all knew he was the most important. The loss of Makélelé was the beginning of the end for Los Galacticos… You can see that it was also the beginning of a new dawn for Chelsea. He was the base, the key and I think he is the same to Chelsea now.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Kyle Walker has set his sights on a return to action for Tottenham as soon as next month.

The England defender has not played a competitive game since the Europa League match against Benfica last March and needed abdominal surgery last month after the problem flared again during Tottenham’s pre-season tour of the United States.

Spurs remain cautious about giving a timeline for a possible comeback but it is believed that Walker is encouraged by his progress and is increasingly optimistic he will be available to head coach Mauricio Pochettino by late November.

After the third international break of the season next month, Spurs face three games in a week. They travel to Hull on November 23 and face Everton at home on November 30, either side of the Europa League fixture against Partizan Belgrade at White Hart Lane.

Walker has yet to resume running but once he does, the club hope he should be able to start working with the first team relatively quickly. Walker’s recovery cannot come a moment too soon as Pochettino sees the 24-year-old as a key element he would like to impose at Spurs.

7 months is a fucking age, we have really missed him. Naughton has played OK recently and Dier is a decent makeshift, but neither of them are explosive like Walker. You really need pace at full-back in MoPo's system.

bjaelke

Billy McKinlay has left Watford as head coach just eight days after he was appointed and been replaced by former Chelsea midfielder Slaviša Jokanović, the Watford Observer understands.

An unprecedented turn of events will see the Hornets have a fourth different head coach in just over five weeks.

McKinlay was appointed just hours after Oscar Garcia handed in his shock resignation following health concerns and we have been told the Pozzos have since reviewed the decision and deemed that they want someone with more experience of being a head coach.

The Pozzos have built a squad to challenge for automatic promotion and we have been told they were reluctant to leave McKinlay in charge due to a fear they may have to replace him later in the season.
:lol

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Zidane is the most talented in that era, there's no doubt about that. But I'd rather have Pavel, simply because he's consistently brilliant

Zidane was really like Ozil, he was either your best or just no where to be seen. And he played many games in his ghost form, but you won't see those on YouTube

Makélelé is great, for clean sheets.

Manager

Zidane is the most talented in that era, there's no doubt about that. But I'd rather have Pavel, simply because he's consistently brilliant

Zidane was really like Ozil, he was either your best or just no where to be seen. And he played many games in his ghost form, but you won't see those on YouTube

Makélelé is great, for clean sheets.

His stats surprised me, always had the memory he scored and assisted more at Juventus.

idGtlcSvscTM4.jpg

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
His stats surprised me, always had the memory he scored and assisted more at Juventus.

idGtlcSvscTM4.jpg

And some of those were FKs and penalties. I think he was always better with France :lol

Shanks if you say Totti one more time I'm gonna stab you in the CUNT

And some of those were FKs and penalties

Shanks if you say Totti one more time I'm gonna stab you in the CUNT

I was just writing a post, but then decided against it.

Edit: It is true what I said though. Nedved was unfortunately always overshadowed by more talented players, although as you said he was always consistently hardworking and excellent. Plus he played in Serie A, so English media never gave two fucks about him.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Leonardo Bonucci’s personal motivator says he gave the player garlic sweets and told him to ‘breathe in the face of Gervinho and Francesco Totti’.

bonucci-totti490ai_1.jpg

The defender popped up with the winner for Juventus in their top-of-the-table clash with Roma on Sunday evening and for his personal motivator, a unique pre-match preparation may have assisted.

“On Saturday night we spent three hours in the hotel to prepare for the game,” Ferrarini has detailed to Tuttosport today.

“Any new secrets? When we finished our work I gave Leonardo some garlic sweets. Natural products, inedible.

“The soldiers of hundreds of years ago ate garlic to remain strong, healthy and lucid in battle. Leo is a soldier, and eating the sweets is as if he is returning to those origins.

“I told him to breathe in the face of Gervinho and Totti…

“The most important thing was to achieve the objective, to win.”

For the player’s post-match words, however, Ferrarini was less than happy.

“I am angry with Leo now, I do not want to hear him talk about the most important goal if his career as he did after the game.

“He has to stay focused, the most important goal will be the best one and that will always be so.

“New objectives? Forget Roma, to be more aware of his own strength and to have more hunger than the day before.”

My word :lol

bud23

Javier Tebas ( La Liga president, the more you know, premfaces): "Barcelona and Espanyol would not play in the Spanish league if Catalonia split from Spain".

#CataloniaisnotSpain

#SayYes

#Bundeslolga2.0

Elchele

Keller has better numbers than the previous Schalke coaches. Fucking Hell

BzVozkxIAAApp70.png:large

edit: looks like this guy will be Di Matteo's assistant coach

5b645712a0a90544ae5670671dfa2d71.jpg

Carbonox

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=907937

Oh man this is class.

Tried Wagamamas in Manchester once.

Underwhelmed. Wasabi is better.

Maybe I had the wrong thing.

I fucking adore Wagamamas and Wasabi.

I am free. After 6 long years, I have escaped the prison known only as iOS.

I hope to join you soon. I've been due an upgrade since December and I just haven't been bothered to get round to it despite minging around with an iPhone 4 which doesn't fucking work properly now. :lol

Salazar

Is it an ankle injury or an 'ankle injury'

'ankle injury'
ankle injury
Abou Diaby

Fine margins. I'd go as far as to say we should be recruiting for ankle strength.

Height
Aggression
Fucking unbreakable ankles
Co-ordination

You can play around with the order of those priorities a bit, but ankles goes no lower than three.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom