• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT6| Daley Blind Is a Hack Of a Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

I dunno, who are we?

Forgot who said it here, but he was right :lol MGS4 was Kojima's love letter to himself

Which is okay. MGS4 might not be the best game ever but at least it's not one of those streamlined and massproduced average joe video games.

jts

...hate me...
Since it's my little brother's birthday by the end of the month and I'm going to give him Smash Bros. 3DS, I'm just going to buy it now and play it myself, then ship it to him. I don't want the 3DS version for good, only to make due before the Wii U version comes out.

It's a incredibly economic and ecologic plan really. Don't judge. No one loses here.

I will have now a 5 hour plane trip which makes it all the better.

Worst part is that I forgot to charge my 3DS so I will take it with just around 1 hour of charge.

In other news, I'm taking that flight to move to another country :D What a time to be alive, innit.

DBT85

FKGlfY3.png

Also, Shaw is seemingly fine. Will play for U-21s and so should be available.

Good news all this is.

Hope McNair starts anyway lol

Also want to reiterate how pleased I am with Herrera, Di Maria and Rojo in particular.

Rooney getting banned might have been a perfect thing to do to get Mata/RVP/Falcao playing more together.

It's hard to get excited over MGS after MGS4 tbh

Kojima is just so far up his ass now

It was barely a game Lightning :lol most of the acts were short as fuck

I dunno, who are we?

Forgot who said it here, but he was right :lol MGS4 was Kojima's love letter to himself

MGS4 was a great game, but it was not the game Kojima wanted and was not a love letter to himself. He was forced by those around him to change his vision of the game. I would say Kojima looks back on that with more regret than any other game he has been involved in.

And to Sony because it helped the PS3 immensely.

It is not Kojima and Sony's fault that MS put out a console that could not handle it. Kojima showed a lot of balls to make the game a beast at the time
although said balls had already been torn by those around him and fans.

Blablurn

MGS4 was a great game, but it was not the game Kojima wanted and was not a love letter to himself. He was forced by those around him to change his vision of the game. I would say Kojima looks back on that with more regret than any other game he has been involved in.

Remember how depressed Kojima was in many interviews back then? MGS4 really took a number on him. It's like the opposite of what's happening now. Kojima seems so happy with V.

Remember how depressed Kojima was in many interviews back then? MGS4 really took a number on him. It's like the opposite of what's happening now. Kojima seems so happy with V.

Yeah, it is great seeing him enjoying himself and getting back to his wacky ways with how they announced the game and stuff.

The end of Solid's story put a lot of stress on him because the rest of his team didn't want him to die and the fans wanted him to deliver a product that wrapped up everything perfectly. He had to please everyone except himself.

Now with PW and V he can get back to just making a game. We know this isn't the end of Big Boss, so he can just focus on making a game that people are more likely to enjoy for what it is rather than in the grand context of the series.

Blablurn

What is his exact role gonna be in it? Is he directing or is it just a project a part if his team is working on?

Maybe it's similar to the first Castlevania where Konami just stamped his name on the development.

On the other hand he talked about the game in public during Gamescom and TGS. So maybe he really is the producer of SH.

Carbonox

PS4 still doesn't have a great game imo aside fro TLoU remaster, which doesn't count

Very good: Shadow of Mordor, assuming it gets harder
Good: Diablo 3, Infamous:SS, Assassin's Creed:BF
Decent: Destiny
Shit: Killzone:SF

All eggs in the MGSV and Bloodborne basket, until UC4 comes out anyway. The Order will be okay, but instantly forgotten.

For me Assassin's Creed IV was great. Best AC since 2. Plus Ground Zeroes but that's like a demo so I won't include it.

Otherwise yeah I agree with the rest.

Currently playing through Shadow of Mordor but I've barely touched the story cos I'm having too much fun with the side stuff.

I only ever die from those wolf enemies cos they're fucking wank to fight. Last time I died from one the Sauron's Army board got a massive shake up with a lot of promotions and shit. Quite cool.

Also love stumbling in to areas with Captains taking you by surprise and you haven't got the intel on them.

What a time to be alive
dead

If Herrera was to get injured, Blind could move to the right of the diamond or Valencia can come in. Carrick would play as the DM.

Glad that we've finally sorted our midfield out and got a pretty good range of midfielders. Still need Strootman or somebody similar to replace Carrick in the summer. However the priority should be on the CB situation.
I doubt Blind can play there, at least not well. He's slow motion. We still need at least one more signing in midfield. The depth is still not too great. Might be able to get away with it this year with one match a week.

FootballFan

Since it's my little brother's birthday by the end of the month and I'm going to give him Smash Bros. 3DS, I'm just going to buy it now and play it myself, then ship it to him. I don't want the 3DS version for good, only to make due before the Wii U version comes out.

It's a incredibly economic and ecologic plan really. Don't judge. No one loses here.

I will have now a 5 hour plane trip which makes it all the better.

Worst part is that I forgot to charge my 3DS so I will take it with just around 1 hour of charge.

In other news, I'm taking that flight to move to another country :D What a time to be alive, innit.

Good luck m8. Planes are scary.

I have flown 14 hour flights across the world too many times to count.

Pray 4 jts

See you on PES

scently

I doubt Blind can play there, at least not well. He's slow motion. We still need at least one more signing in midfield. The depth is still not too great. Might be able to get away with it this year with one match a week.

Especially in a diamond, you need the right and left side midfielders to have the strength and speed to go up and down, so yeah, Blind won't do good there.

I agree with Tubie in this that Herrera is our most important midfielder (our most important player is ADM). While Valencia proved to be decent in that role, he doesn't add anything to our attack at all. Herrera's positional play is superb, knows when to switch positions, is far more technically competent, and while he plays in the right side of the mid, he reads the game and is intelligent enough to know when to move more centrally or to the left, something Valencia never does.

Anyway I am happy he will be available, as well as Carrick. If he is in competent form (2012/2013 form) he will really help bring some control and calm to our play, especially during the last 30 mins of the game. During those periods I will prefer, if we are ahead, to remove one of the two strikers and put in Carrick or Blind to partner whichever of them starts the game and just control the flow of the game. It will even be good to start Carrick and Blind, along with Herrera and ADM, in some games and just go with one striker up front.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Did one of you guys ever go for a girl who had a bf? Just going for it, even if it's the wrong thing to do?

Never, of course. But unknowingly slept with a girl who had one

*phone ringing in bed*

*she panics and turns to me*: shuuuuuuush

Yurt: ?!....o..kay :lol

*ffwd*

Yurt:...what happened? :lol

Girl: nothing, it was my boyfriend.

OH BABY! But it's fine it was just a one night stand, how am I supposed to know

Never, of course. But unknowingly slept with a girl who had one

*phone ringing in bed*

*she panics and turns to me*: shuuuuuuush

Yurt: ?!....o..kay :lol

*ffwd*

Yurt:...what happened? :lol

Girl: nothing, it was my boyfriend.

OH BABY! But it's fine it was just a one night stand, how am I supposed to know
Yurt pls, stop drinking

its the cause

jts

...hate me...
Good luck m8. Planes are scary.

I have flown 14 hour flights across the world too many times to count.

Pray 4 jts

See you on PES
Jesus Christ aren't u right

I'm back on fucking land in lisbon because the plane lost the fucking radar

Hold me :(((((((

Yeeep. And it's gonna be good.

Can't wait for him to focus on Silent Hills though.

My money is on him only overlooking sh and coming with some general ideas... And used as some advertisement, to draw in all the idiots only paying attention to silent Hill now because of kojima.

Nicktendo86

So what do you lot think about something like this going forward for the big games?

Falcao

Mata

Di Maria Hererra

Carrick Blind

Shaw Rojo Jones Rafael

DDG

Bit obvious perhaps, Blind protecting the back four with Carrick having more of a free role to snuff out danger and link up with midfield. RVP has been next to useless anyway so I have no issue as Falcao up on his own. Thoughts?

So what do you lot think about something like this going forward for the big games?

Falcao

Mata

Di Maria Hererra

Carrick Blind

Shaw Rojo Jones Rafael

DDG

Bit obvious perhaps, Blind protecting the back four with Carrick having more of a free role to snuff out danger and link up with midfield. RVP has been next to useless anyway so I have no issue as Falcao up on his own. Thoughts?

LVG will never drop RVP and the Spartan hero Rooneh

Falcao

Mata

Di Maria Hererra

Carrick Blind

Shaw Rojo Jones Rafael

DDG

I think this is a bad idea. If we play one up front than you need to play wingers. I would have Di Maria and Januzaj on the wings and then replace Carrick/Blind with Herrera. I don’t think Carrick and Blind together is a good idea apart from late on in games – there’s not enough energy or forward thinking in that pairing.

Ozil is having a MRI scan in Munich on a knee problem.

We almost get get Theo back then someone else may be out.
The x-ray will be blank.

scently

LVG will never drop RVP and the Spartan hero Rooneh

This is more about the formation than it is about the personnel. You can swap RVP and Rooney for Falcao and Mata and the formation won't change. Mata is a good AM but he really lacks any form of physicality, strength, or speed in his game. Watch the Everton match again and see how much he was a non-issue to the opposition in that game. I would really like to see Adnan given a go in that position in the next game.

This is more about the formation than it is about the personnel. You can swap RVP and Rooney for Falcao and Mata and the formation won't change. Mata is a good AM but he really lacks any form of physicality, strength, or speed in his game. Watch the Everton match again and see how much he was a non-issue to the opposition in that game. I would really like to see Adnan given a go in that position in the next game.
Januzaj is dead.

Even Wilson is ahead of him now.

L1NETT

PS4 still doesn't have a great game imo aside fro TLoU remaster, which doesn't count

Very good: Shadow of Mordor, assuming it gets harder
Good: Diablo 3, Infamous:SS, Assassin's Creed:BF
Decent: Destiny
Shit: Killzone:SF

All eggs in the MGSV and Bloodborne basket, until UC4 comes out anyway. The Order will be okay, but instantly forgotten.

well i don't want to be harry hipster over here but if you only play big games designed to appeal to a large demographic of explosion hungry younger people than yeah gaming is a bit stale

if you play smaller games which afford to take risks or do something different, there has arguably never been a better time for games. More released than ever, more variety than ever and more and more different backgrounds making games.

scently

Problem is, he has Rooney and Mata ahead of him.

I know. I was suggesting he be given a go at it in the next game or brought in for Mata later in the game as Mata wasn't effective in the last game, and Rooney isn't a factor right now.

I think overall, the reason why Adnan, Wilson or Pereira hasn't gotten much game time is that we are bedding in our new players and we aren't playing at the level where we can finish off the game early enough to allow experimental subs. Once we start doing that then they will have much more game time. Adnan certainly did in the match against QPR but he was too eager to impress and kept making the wrong decision.

Nicktendo86

I think this is a bad idea. If we play one up front than you need to play wingers. I would have Di Maria and Januzaj on the wings and then replace Carrick/Blind with Herrera. I don’t think Carrick and Blind together is a good idea apart from late on in games – there’s not enough energy or forward thinking in that pairing.

The x-ray will be blank.
Agreed, perhaps Blind/Carrick combo would be best late on when we tend to get jitters?

I'm only thinking about a formation like this against Chelsea and City really, something that looks a bit tougher. Shaw and Rafael seem to okay more like wing backs anyway...

Hopefully the players coming back from injury offer some really selection headaches. Will be nice to have some options, can't wait to see what lineup LVG decides on!

Abraxas

Ozil is injured. They said it couldn't get any worse, but it has.

Shoot me in the head. Fuck me in the arse. Destroy me as an entity.
I am gone.

Yeah so do I, but he's come on in that position and been far too eager so far.

disappointing. If we sold Rooney last year I'd have been so much happier :lol
Since Aguero joined City, Rooney has more goals and more assists.

Rooney is amazing.

Aguero is the biggest star in the league, though.

Randdalf

That Driveclub review thread is weird. Full of disappointed peeps writing discourses on the low review scores being down to bad reviewers instead of just accepting that the game isnt very good.

Wilbur

Banned
That Driveclub review thread is weird. Full of disappointed peeps writing discourses on the low review scores being down to bad reviewers instead of just accepting that the game isnt very good.

I think it's fucking weird that a game with an aggregate review rating of 70+ is considered 'not very good'.

Games industry is odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom