• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT6| Daley Blind Is a Hack Of a Player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Say whatever you want about Mannone, I don't need my opinion validated by people whose knowledge of him extends as far as Match of the Day.

But saying De Gea is only bettered by Neuer and Buffon. I can't argue with minds as simple as this. It's not fair, it's like bullying the simple kid at school who stunk of shit and made up rhymes when he wiped his arse. And whose dad was a convicted arsonist and looked like a serial killer from the 70s. Looked a bit like David Earl's character in Derek if he had a bald patch.

In fact it is worse. You should be ashamed.

Buffon isn't even that good anymore.

I mean look at him

http://a.pomf.se/obysde.gif[/IMG

Mannone would never do that.[/QUOTE]

Falcao is better than Altidore.

Shut your gob.

Wilbur

Banned
I've already seen like four Juve games this season out of the 8 they've played. 50% true fan.

Seen every United game eventually, just hardly any of them live.

K1LLER7

I've already seen like four Juve games this season out of the 8 they've played. 50% true fan.

Seen every United game eventually, just hardly any of them live.
Your love for United went with Moyes.

You've probably got a poster of Allegri in your bedroom.

Hixx

He's the weird kind who supports two pub-league quality teams next to his foreign billionaire club he has no attachment to
dPrJaGc.png

Isn't it weird how people never mention wooden is a three team cunt

Only cos the two other teams, some people have probably never even heard of. I mean one is in like Serie B, can't even begin to describe how irrelevant that is...and then Danish league...whatever.

He is still a multi teamer though he can't escape that.,

But he's not exactly Suen.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Falcaos positioning is top notch, if he finds his range then im very excited

Hixx

That kid whose dad was an arsonist - killed three of his other kids in that fire. Only got 10 years and was let out early. As a kid I didn't grasp how fucking scary that is.

just thought I'd darken the mood a bit

Bit bored.

Only cos the two other teams, some people have probably never even heard of. I mean one is in like Serie B, can't even begin to describe how irrelevant that is...and then Danish league...whatever.

He is still a multi teamer though he can't escape that.,

But he's not exactly Suen.

i63Bzthiwe5DL.gif

i73FsZNuJQZ3A.gif

xthgfo.gif

wilbasaadvkoa.gif

Blablurn

On the way to the interview now. Quite nervous. Help me guys.

They want you. Otherwise they would have not contacted you. Show them what you can do. But don't forget. You were requested to do this because of your skills. Don't behave like the small neville. Walk straight like big nicky butt.

Wilbur

Banned
Did you blow off a bit of the excitement before ?

I had a jerk this morning

They want you. Otherwise they would have not contacted you. Show them what you can do. But don't forget. You were requested to do this because of your skills. Don't behave like the small neville. Walk straight like big nicky butt.

god I love you

Calm down, be confident. You can swindle these people.

What if they ask me if I've ever put nudes online

It's because Wooden only pretend supports Chelsea and Palermo.

His love of Copenhagen, and more importantly his hatred of Brondby, is where his true passion lies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Buffon still pulls some utterly godly saves, but he's obviously not as good as he used to.

but to say that De Gea is better than him (or anyone in your premface fuck of a league really) is funny.

he's more than just a shot stopper (which is all that De Gea and Iker offer), his command of the box is second to none.

It's Neuer's time now, he's the best of the best.
I only want to add to this goalkeeper discussion that the Juve hard on in here, by all you cunts never actually watching them, disgusts me.
tbf Serie A GAF in general (minus Yurt) are all quite lovable and their self-depreciating Serie A humour gets me every time

Slizz

Buffon still pulls some utterly godly saves, but he's obviously not as good as he used to.

but to say that De Gea is better than him (or anyone in your premface fuck of a league really) is funny.

he's more than just a shot stopper (which is all that De Gea and Iker offer), his command of the box is second to none.

It's Neuer's time now, he's the best of the best.

tbf Serie A GAF in general (minus Yurt) are all quite lovable and their self-depreciating Serie A humour gets me every time

:lol :lol

GorillaJu

Goalkeepers are part of a defensive unit and you can't just count their saves and errors as the only meaningful stats. They're organizers as well and need to fit in with the players in front of them.

Mignolet didn't get worse as a goalkeeper at Liverpool, he just doesn't work well with our defense. For whatever reason they just don't gel well together and he's often in bad situations he can do nothing about. As a shot stopper alone he's extremely good and he shows that here and there with unbelievable reaction saves from close range. We'll probably replace him and he'll go on to be a good keeper again at a smaller club.

De Gea is a brilliant shot stopper but United's defense has been a fucking disaster since Ferguson left and De Gea shouldn't be absolved of all blame for the way that turned out. His distribution has been really poor at times as well and that has to count against him.

Saying that he's bested only by two or three other keepers in the world is having major tunnel vision. The fact that people in this thread knew almost nothing about him when he was signed says enough about our awareness of GKs in other leagues. But even discounting those abroad, I think there are a handful of better keepers in the PL as it is. Guzan, Cech, Courtois, Howard are all better just to name a few. I know Howard's been shit lately, but a small run of bad form doesn't negate years of quality.

If I were a United fan I'd be happy to have De Gea; hell I'm a Liverpool fan and I really like him. But he's not nearly caught up to Van der Sar yet, never mind other guys with incredible careers like Buffon or Casillas.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Until last game i thought De Gea had had a rocky start to the season tbh

Still he went god mode v Everton

I think Neuer and Courtois are the best GKs. Szczęsny sucks, always has IMO. You could argue that Courtois hasn't really been tested yet at Chelsea, but what he did at Atletico was brilliant.

Edit: De Gea is great too, but his defence is shit :lol. Great shot-stopper too.

jtb

Banned
you can never feel comfortable when szczesny is your keeper, he's a ticking time bomb... you never know when he's going to fuck you over.

should have been replaced like 3 years ago.

Goalkeepers are part of a defensive unit and you can't just count their saves and errors as the only meaningful stats. They're organizers as well and need to fit in with the players in front of them.

Mignolet didn't get worse as a goalkeeper at Liverpool, he just doesn't work well with our defense. For whatever reason they just don't gel well together and he's often in bad situations he can do nothing about. As a shot stopper alone he's extremely good and he shows that here and there with unbelievable reaction saves from close range. We'll probably replace him and he'll go on to be a good keeper again at a smaller club.

De Gea is a brilliant shot stopper but United's defense has been a fucking disaster since Ferguson left and De Gea shouldn't be absolved of all blame for the way that turned out. His distribution has been really poor at times as well and that has to count against him.

Saying that he's bested only by two or three other keepers in the world is having major tunnel vision. The fact that people in this thread knew almost nothing about him when he was signed says enough about our awareness of GKs in other leagues. But even discounting those abroad, I think there are a handful of better keepers in the PL as it is. Guzan, Cech, Courtois, Howard are all better just to name a few. I know Howard's been shit lately, but a small run of bad form doesn't negate years of quality.

If I were a United fan I'd be happy to have De Gea; hell I'm a Liverpool fan and I really like him. But he's not nearly caught up to Van der Sar yet, never mind other guys with incredible careers like Buffon or Casillas.

De Gea till Everton's game was average-bad. Last game was god mode as Cola said. I wouldn't consider De Gea in VDS territory either yet.

He has the opportunity to step up and organize the defense, he hasn't taken it yet. That will keep him from achieving a level higher than great shot stopper (which itself is better than many other keepers...). But he has to start organizing things and become a lot better on corners/crosses.

Wilbur

Banned
you can never feel comfortable when szczesny is your keeper, he's a ticking time bomb... you never know when he's going to fuck you over.

should have been replaced like 3 years ago.

Enter Ospina

if anyone really wants a list of starting goalkeepers in the premier league (vulva? Wooden?), I'll be more than happy to oblige

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom