• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT6| Daley Blind Is a Hack Of a Player

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's fucking weird that a game with an aggregate review rating of 70+ is considered 'not very good'.

Games industry is odd.

I haven't cared about reviews since 2002. I tend to know what games I like and will buy them regardless. Games I am on the fence about I will tend to look at GAF to get general impressions and then make a decision based on that. I especially like reading some of the LTTP threads because it is good to get an opinion on what GAF thinks once all the initial launch hype has died down and the fanboys no longer care about it.

But the whole rating and review process is bullshit and so shady that it is not worth the time. And at the end of the day it is just some dudes opinion and not fact.

Hixx

10616525_300903123448550_887172801279501729_n.jpg

Swagger up to 100... or 75 I suppose.

Don Vito once again outclassing all of the 'top' keepers.

Wilbur

Banned
Well it's weird that reviewers do that, not weird that people see the 7 as a bad score.

Well one's a byproduct of the other. But yeah, that was my original point.

I can understand where they're coming from; because films are passive, you can probably just sit there and watch an average one. It is harder to play an average game than watch an average movie (and costs more too).

Games should just be rented out of three or four or something m8.

1 = 0-5
2 = 6-7
3 = 8-9
4 = 10

put me in charge. I'll sort the wheat from the chaff.

I have my job interview in two hours. Nervous.

Well one's a byproduct of the other. But yeah, that was my original point.

I can understand where they're coming from; because films are passive, you can probably just sit there and watch an average one. It is harder to play an average game than watch an average movie (and costs more too).

Games should just be rented out of three or four or something m8.

1 = 0-5
2 = 6-7
3 = 8-9
4 = 10

put me in charge. I'll sort the wheat from the chaff.

I have my job interview in two hours. Nervous.

I agree. 1-5 like giantbomb works too. Publishers don't like that though because it brings down the metacritic score lol, many refuses to send them games early and such because of that.

Good luck with the job interview, what is it?

Wilbur

Banned
I agree. 1-5 like giantbomb works too.

Good luck with the job interview, what is it?

Personal assistant at a local magazine. I'll make the teas and suck the cocks.

Just watching MOTD now; does Eriksen always sound like he's going to cry?

There are only 2 keepers on that list I'd swap him for.

Neither are playing in Manchester.

Courtois and Lloris?

De Gea is better than Lloris. Less prone to brain farts. Similar shot stopping. No great disparity in communication or set pieces or whatever.

Courtois is GOAT though

Hixx used to go on about Mignolet being the best.

He doesn't know anything about goalkeepers.

Infact I suggest you all cut out a piece of card and cover his gk related posts.

Hixx

De Gea is not better than Lloris lol

Mignolet was excellent at SAFC. He honestly doesn't look half the keeper at Liverpool. At SAFC he was really average until Heskey ironed his face but after he came back he was like fucking terminator in goal. Just didn't give a fuck. Got everything. Was amazing. Like Vito now.

Then he's gone to Liverpool and gotten worse and worse.

Vito has started parrying more which he's NOT good at but his form over last 12 months has been up there with the best in the league. If you want to disagree you're an uninformed wanksplat. It's as simple as that.

Viva is just mad his bae embarrassed himself last season whereas Vito flourished as much as anyone with a face like his can

1390430645487_lc_gallmbs9h.jpg

Razor554

Koke (Atletico): "I'd want Cristiano in my team too, but I prefer Messi. More difficult to mark. Ronaldo is an athlete, Messi is God." [oc]

Welcome to Barça, Koke. In summer 2016 that is!

Pirlo.

I like Madonna, but he's not even close to Pirlo's class yet. He's a fucking maniac and might get sent off any minute too

I just don't see the point. Pirlo showed in the world cup and against teams that press well that he is a liability. Verratti should be starting in Euro 2016 and these two years should be spent building this team around on. Pirlo should be there to offer experience and come in the last twenty minutes of games max.

bud23

For some reason, after reading that thread about AC:Unity resolution, I'm seriously considering buying the game.

And I hate the AC series with a passion.

Help.

Jarnet87

Rumors that Moncao want Rooney. He's a captain of club and country, that will cost you big time. 30 million pounds and he's yours.

Hixx

Mannone is so good he couldn't even get in ahead of Chesney.

Incredible.

*SPLAT*

Mannone only got picked at SAFC because Keiren Westwood died or something. It's all about taking the chance when you get it.

Would you say he got a fair pop at the Arsenal spot?

Jacuzi can't even get in ahead of Ashley Young or Valencia.

How inane, viva.

Wilbur

Banned
Mannone only got picked at SAFC because Keiren Westwood died or something. It's all about taking the chance when you get it.

Would you say he got a fair pop at the Arsenal spot?

Jacuzi can't even get in ahead of Ashley Young or Valencia.

How inane, viva.

Ashley Young hasn't been in our match day squad for ages. get your facts right u mug

Anyway, the point stands. Usually the best players play for the best clubs. If Vito Mannone truly was one of the very best in the league - instead of just a very good goalkeeper - , he'd be playing for one of the better clubs in the league.

That's not to say that it always happens (see continued employment of Joe Hart at Manchester City), but it's not like any of the big clubs couldn't come out and just buy Mannone if they wanted to.

I haven’t got anything against Don Vito – good luck to him, I hope good things happen to him and he's going in my Fantasy team. I don’t even watch him that often, how many Sunderland games do I see in a year…like…5 or 6, max.

But keeping for a team like Sunderland and keeping for a team closer to the top of the table – two different things.

But anyway I’m not even comparing De Gea to Mannone. I wouldn’t swap De God for anyone, I love him and he’s brilliant. There might be 2/3 better keepers out there (and Lloris is NOT one of them) but he’s Dave innit. Plus he’s 23. Just hope we get another contracts worth out of him.

Wilbur

Banned
I'd say the only keepers clearly and plainly better than De Gea are Neuer and Buffon. There may be a few better (Courtois again springs to mind), but it's certainly closer and more contentious.

I'd say the only keepers clearly and plainly better than De Gea are Neuer and Buffon. There may be a few better (Courtois again springs to mind), but it's certainly closer and more contentious.

Courtois has been better than him lately - and he's also really young.

Buffon has started to make mistakes lately. De Gea has made like 2 in a season and a half. Great consistency.

Neuer obv by far the best.

I don't think it has to be taken into account but you have to remember those keepers are playing behind brilliant defensive units. Organised teams with experienced and commanding centre halves. Look at what De Gea has to put up with for fucks sake. Clowns falling over each other in front of him.

Wilbur

Banned

Buffon has started to make mistakes lately. De Gea has made like 2 in a season and a half. Great consistency.

I don't think it has to be taken into account but you have to remember those keepers are playing behind brilliant defensive units. Organised teams with experienced and commanding centre halves. Look at what De Gea has to put up with for fucks sake. Clowns falling over each other in front of him.

Yeah I do think Courtois has been better, but it's a close run thing. Like you say, Neuer is a clear front runner.

The X is better than Y discussions are always painful.

9ZGMZtZ.jpg

This is fake isn't it :lol :lol :lol :lol

Hixx

Say whatever you want about Mannone, I don't need my opinion validated by people whose knowledge of him extends as far as Match of the Day.

But saying De Gea is only bettered by Neuer and Buffon. I can't argue with minds as simple as this. It's not fair, it's like bullying the simple kid at school who stunk of shit and made up rhymes when he wiped his arse. And whose dad was a convicted arsonist and looked like a serial killer from the 70s. Looked a bit like David Earl's character in Derek if he had a bald patch.

In fact it is worse. You should be ashamed.

Buffon isn't even that good anymore.

I mean look at him

obysde.gif

Mannone would never do that.

I thought Buffon was done during the 2012/2013 season. Kept spilling the ball from long range shots, but has come back better than he has been in a long time.

There was a recent thing on ESPN that said Buffon in his early 20s was the greatest keeper, but that Zoff was the better keeper in his 30s. I now think that Buffon has learnt what he can and can;t do with his body and has compensated brilliantly.

The X is better than Y discussions are always painful.

9ZGMZtZ.jpg

That is awful from Roy Keane

K1LLER7

Neuer is the best.

Everybody else is far behind him.

Courtois is overrated. De Gea makes mistakes, Buffon is old and Vito Mannone is shit.

Wilbur

Banned
Say whatever you want about Mannone, I don't need my opinion validated by people whose knowledge of him extends as far as Match of the Day.

But saying De Gea is only bettered by Neuer and Buffon. I can't argue with minds as simple as this. It's not fair, it's like bullying the simple kid at school who stunk of shit and made up rhymes when he wiped his arse. And whose dad was a convicted arsonist and looked like a serial killer from the 70s. Looked a bit like David Earl's character in Derek if he had a bald patch.

In fact it is worse. You should be ashamed.

Buffon isn't even that good anymore.

I mean look at him

obysde.gif

Mannone would never do that.

You don't see Buffon on anything though :lol

This'll really just come down to opinion, and considering I'm a United fan and you're a Sunderland fan, it's probably unlikely we're going to agree on this.

And I'm sure if you ask all the neutrals they'll say De Gea is better, to which you'll reply that's because they do only see Mannone on MOTD, and then I'll reply that if Mannone was better he'd play for a better team, and then you'll post a gif, and then someone will mention Neuer, and then...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom