• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT6| Daley Blind Is a Hack Of a Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
I understand where you're coming from with DDG, but to be fair to him, look at the defence he's had to work with. He could do work on his organisation, but this season alone he's had:

Rafael
Evans
Smalling
Jones
Rojo
Blackett
Shaw
O'Nair
James
Keane
Vermijl
Valencia
Young

play in front of him. That's an awful lot of jiggery pokery in eight fucking games.

I understand where you're coming from with DDG, but to be fair to him, look at the defence he's had to work with. He could do work on his organisation, but this season alone he's had:

Rafael
Evans
Smalling
Jones
Rojo
Blackett
Shaw
O'Nair
James
Keane
Vermijl
Valencia
Young

play in front of him. That's an awful lot of jiggery pokery in eight fucking games.

Good point, agreed.

Hopefully we can nail down a proper back 4, people need to stop getting fucking injured.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Neuer kept clean sheets with Schalke's utter shit defence :lol

or at least kept the score down IIRC

Esch

Banned
you can never feel comfortable when szczesny is your keeper, he's a ticking time bomb... you never know when he's going to fuck you over.

should have been replaced like 3 years ago.
at least chesney brings the laughs sometimes
2sHyXlq.png

Özil out for 10-12 weeks

2sHyXlq.png

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Just packed Reus :|

Is this heaven?

I have a german team, tempted to keep him tbh, id sell if i could afford Di Maria but that fuckers going for like 60k more.

This is the season DDG has to step up. Before he had GOAT level CBs to command the defence. Now he must step up and command those in front of him. He is a Europe league and PL winning keeper and has to be the leader of the defence. New defenders will come into the team and they will look to him to provide stability. If he can offer that he can become a great keeper.

Fucking hell, 3 months without Ozil.

How long is Ramsey out for?

Özil has been playing shit so whatever but it's gonna be a drain on that squad now.

Looking forwards to our game against them in a few weeks. We'll hammer them.

Esch

Banned
also shad lol

stop buying fragile players wenger

lol

theres no reason the gunners should have these many injuries. There's something wrong with the staff, doctors or training that causes this environment year after year

maybe wumger is putting cheese on all their injuries

or not enough cheese on their injuries

The treatment of balotelli in Italy truly pisses me off. Can not a single national team press conference occur without asking someone what they think of Balotelli. I feel it is simply because he is a black Italian. I never remember any other players getting this much attention when they were not selected.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
did Wenger ever replace a member of his staff? He's a bit too loyal I think

Don't count stepping down please.

did Wenger ever replace a member of his staff? He's a bit too loyal I think

Don't count stepping down please.

They hired a new Physio I think

Only way for Wenger to save Arsenal is replacing himself. While coaches around him have evolved and got on with new things, he just tries the same thing again and again.

Wilbur

Banned
The treatment of balotelli in Italy truly pisses me off. Can not a single national team press conference occur without asking someone what they think of Balotelli. I feel it is simply because he is a black Italian. I never remember any other players getting this much attention when they were not selected.

That definitely has something to do with it. Add his proclivity for getting into trouble both on and off the pitch, his general aloof nature, and his potential (however high that is), and you get a permanent talking point.

That definitely has something to do with it. Add his proclivity for getting into trouble both on and off the pitch, his general aloof nature, and his potential (however high that is), and you get a permanent talking point.

Some has also got to do with how immensely talented he was made out to be at the start of his career?

And unlike Freddy Adu, he has stayed with teams that have high visibility.

Zabojnik

Özil out for 10-12 weeks

Damn, what a hit for Arse-GAF. :/

Ogbonna is a black Italian as well, and a better player than Balotelli, yet nobody gives a shit. Balotelli is a prick, that's why people talk about him.

Meier

https://www.mcfc.co.uk/CityTV/Match highlights/2014/October/Liverpool v City U18s match highlights

Nice goals in this game by both sides. The 1st for Liverpool and the 3rd for City were particularly impressive.

Tosin Adarabioyo (scored 2 in this game) is one to remember for City and England fans. Local kid who is probably the biggest crown jewel of City's academy in terms of players from the Manchester area. Monster CB who just turned 17 a few weeks ago. Captain of the U-18s (has played with the team since he made his debut at 14) and has played in both UEFA Youth League/U-19 games this year. I think he'll move up to the U-21s fairly soon, but we're pretty set at CB at that level for the time being.

All it does is put more pressure on him and create the possibility of a national team player saying the wrong thing, which is what the press are hoping for.

Abraxas

Ramsey probably out til december. Oz until febuary. Walcott wont play in the first team until december. Arteta is crocked. Kosc is crocked. Debuchy is dead til december. Giroud out until febuary. Wilshere, gibbs, monreal and ospina are on a knife edge.

Trying to beat dortmund.

Ramsey probably out til december. Oz until febuary. Walcott wont play in the first team until december. Arteta is crocked. Kosc is crocked. Debuchy is dead til december. Giroud out until febuary. Wilshere, gibbs, monreal and ospina are on a knife edge.

Trying to beat dortmund.

Should have bought Cesc...

:p

Damn, what a hit for Arse-GAF. :/

Ogbonna is a black Italian as well, and a better player than Balotelli, yet nobody gives a shit. Balotelli is a prick, that's why people talk about him.

But Ogbonna is just a fringe defender, the press are always going to care more about strikers who are not in the squad, but I don't remember hundreds of questions being asked to players about Cassano not being selected in 2010.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

I don't know why they're asking ZAZA about him :lol but seriously, Balo is a fucking cunt, it has nothing to do with the colour of his skin, but he sure loves using it as an excuse. "ppl h8 & jeer me cuz am black T.T" no they don't, they jeer you because you're an awful fucker.

and fuck me, Zaza comes off really well <3 he seems like an incredibly Fady guy

&#8220;It&#8217;s wonderful to be in a par with Ciro. I don&#8217;t want to make comparisons with strikers of the past, as I am only at the beginning of my career.

&#8220;I am fortunate to have found a teammate like him who helped me so much and we also just click. We got along right from the start. Our objective is to continue like this.

&#8220;The thing I like about Ciro is he&#8217;s a very humble guy despite all his quality. We are more or less the same age. I can learn from his determination and desire to get to every ball in order to score. I hope to play alongside him for a long time.&#8221;

With Immobile and Zaza doing so well, there is no room for Liverpool forward Balotelli, who hasn&#8217;t even been called up.

&#8220;Mario is one of my favourite strikers, everyone knows his quality and I see him as someone who could stay in this Nazionale. He&#8217;s not a shadow cast over us. I never had the pleasure of meeting him, so I&#8217;d like to do that.

&#8220;There is a positive atmosphere in the squad and the more time goes by, the more I feel a part of it.&#8221;

Zaza scored in his second senior Italy match, but failed to find the net since then for Sassuolo.

&#8220;We had some problems after international duty, both personally and as a team. We cannot seem to express our football. I suffered a little in physical and psychological terms after two Italy games, but I want to do well with Sassuolo because that&#8217;s the only way to get into the Nazionale.

&#8220;It also took me a little time to adapt to a completely different system, as at Sassuolo we play 4-3-3. With Conte you need to help out in defence as well, so it&#8217;s hard work.

&#8220;Would I follow Ciro to Germany? This is only my second Serie A season and I am happy at Sassuolo. In honesty, I couldn&#8217;t say whether I&#8217;d prefer a big club in Italy or abroad. If I deserve to take flight, then I will.&#8221;

zaza-immobile-conf490ai.jpg

Zabojnik

Are either of Ogbonna's parents Italian? The whole story of Balo's adoption is a media dream too.

Ogbonna was born to Nigerian parents who emigrated to Italy from Nigeria in 1983, settling in the city of Cassino in the central part of the country, but managed to obtain Italian citizenship only after his 18th birthday.

I don't know why they're asking ZAZA about him :lol

and fuck me, Zaza comes off really well <3 he seems like an incredibly Fady guy

Yeah, that made me laugh that they asked him whenever he said they have never even met. They are just hoping that someone slips up. he did really well.

but football Italia are pissing me off with some of their click bait titles. Immobile: Balotelli not missed when he doesn't even say that.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
LVG can't take a joke :lol

Pellè had a fascinating anecdote about the time he signed for AZ Alkmaar with Coach van Gaal, who is now on the Manchester United bench.

&#8220;We were talking about the shirt number and I like Number 9 because it&#8217;s the classic one of the striker. We went through the possible numbers, like 19, 90 or 99, but I didn&#8217;t want those high numbers.

&#8220;Eventually I jokingly said in that case I&#8217;m not signing for the club. He was so severe and was absolutely furious, jumped up and asked my agent how I could possibly do such a thing.

&#8220;I told him sorry, I was joking!
He&#8217;s a great Coach, though.&#8221;
-
Yeah, that made me laugh that they asked him whenever he said they have never even met. They are just hoping that someone slips up. he did really well.

but football Italia are pissing me off with some of their click bait titles. Immobile: Balotelli not missed when he doesn't even say that.
Yup that's what they do :lol

L1NETT

Robert Martinez wants to keep George Green til January, the bastard. Kid wants a loan

thinks right high of him though, next Barkley like.

---

Hope the interview went well Wilbz

got a sensational chorizo baked potato in the oven if you want some in celebration

Zabojnik

Yurt pls, how could you leave out the most important bit:

Zaza tips Berardi for "an extraordinary career." Adds that "training with him every day, I know how good he is. Even he doesn’t know!"

Mimmo-kun, please notice us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom