• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT6| Daley Blind Is a Hack Of a Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimrpg

Let's not overreact.

City and Chelse are probably the top two. But Everton, United, Arsenal and Spurs all have their own problems. Can't see any two of these teams pulling away to cement the top 4.

Everton? What problems. As a fan I'm happy with the way they are travelling. They put stones and jags together and have been solid the past two games. The Chelsea game was a minor blip on the radar and they played well enough to beat arsenal.

bobito

Banned
Honestly, Balotelli should just be quiet in situations like this. If we'd win yesterday, fair enough, but we were terrible as well. And though he was far from our worst player, he wasn't good either.

I don't get the balotelli buy, doesn't match liver pools style or team culture

WJD

For what it worth, our attacking is much better to watch.
Need carrick play CB next game, he know how to calm the team when needed, Rooney can't lead the team, zero control on team emotion.

*shocking defensive performance*

"let's play Carrick at centre back"

Jesus christ.

Rooney is a massive bellend.

For many reasons but the latest one is that he started to berate the team when it was his mistake that led to the goal.

I hate him.

scently

first was out of play, 3rd goal we were still rattled from the poor pk decision but d should have done much better, last 2 were we caught chasing a goal. Poor ref decisions changed the game but still defense has no excuses.

This essentially. I can't complain too much as this does happen the other way round too but we should have tried to hold better. You get decisions like this once in a while but given that we were still leading we should have done better. As it is we cannot grind out a 1-0 win. We are just too vulnerable at the back.

HITCHERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Told you

sobs

We're all shit. Everton are terrible in defense, Spurs are terrible in attack, Man Utd terrible in defense, Liverpool terrible in both at the moment, and Arsenal can be terrible at anything on any given day, though they're probably more consistent than the others in that group

If anything, Southampton seem far, far more balanced than any of that lot at this stage. Fuck knows what'll happen. Can see the adage 'don't judge the league until you're 10 games in' proving to be ridiculous anyway this year, since everyone aside from Chelsea (and probably City) could finish anywhere between 2nd/3rd and 8th or so.

I think the top 8 apart from city and Chelsea are all pretty average. Put some good form together and Liverpool will be fine!

They have the same problems as United. Just a really shit defense.

I'm slightly confident our defense will be better with Shaw in the side and without Blackett.

Linius

DsaYEvj.png

Cillesseeeeeen

kharma45

For many reasons but the latest one is that he started to berate the team when it was his mistake that led to the goal.

I hate him.

He wants to captain like Keane by being a hard man but forget that Keane led my example and whilst did berate players also protected them when needed. Being a shouty angry bastard doesn't make a captain.

Arnie

At least United aren't capitalising on our malaise.

Can't wait for motd. Just had Nandos. About to hit the pub. Can't quite believe United. We all celebrated when we checked the score. Chicken went everywhere.

I hate him.

He always does that. He's done it a couple of times already. Did it during Swansea match even though he had a shit game. He's probably part of the reason Blackett collapsed. He's shit, but is also 20 years old and doesn't have much experience as a cb.

Scum

£50m for Ulloa.

We're all shit. Everton are terrible in defense, Spurs are terrible in attack, Man Utd terrible in defense, Liverpool terrible in both at the moment, and Arsenal can be terrible at anything on any given day, though they're probably more consistent than the others in that group

If anything, Southampton seem far, far more balanced than any of that lot at this stage. Fuck knows what'll happen. Can see the adage 'don't judge the league until you're 10 games in' proving to be ridiculous anyway this year, since everyone aside from Chelsea (and probably City) could finish anywhere between 2nd/3rd and 8th or so.

1. Chelsea
2. Man City
3. Southampton

I hate him.

Exactly. Should play as a striker or not at all. Running the game through him is a mistake.

Don't see him as much of a leader either. Needed cool heads when we went down, instead he's running around doing his best Roy Keane impression.

Before he got taken off, Di Maria was one of the few people who didn't lose their composure. Kept making the right decisions. He doesn't deserve this.

Clegg

Still have some of last seasons problems. Attack is fine now I think. Maybe a bit dependent on Di Maria, but that's alright for now. Biggest problem is that our heads start to go as soon as things stop going our way. That's a hard thing to get back.

confuziz

Banned
OptaJohan ‏@OptaJohan 3m

5 - For the first time since February 2008 (N.E.C. 5 - 2 AZ) a side managed by Louis van Gaal concedes 5+ goals in a league game. Special.

Still have some of last seasons problems. Attack is fine now I think. Maybe a bit dependent on Di Maria, but that's alright for now. Biggest problem is that our heads start to go as soon as things stop going our way. That's a hard thing to get back.

biggest problem is teams know it's never over with that defence

Kind of amazing how united is just throwing shit at the wall and hoping something sticks. Van ghaal has no idea what he's doing

But Van Gaal's a genius. Remember that one time in the WC when he wasted a sub on a goalkeeper because he started the inferior one, and then won the game? A fucking brilliant man.

elfinke

I almost never post in footy GAF, but browse it rather more regularly. But that last 96mins being among the most amazing I've sat through has about forced me to post, totally making sitting up til 2am worthwhile: work tomorrow can get Vardy'd.

I'm still dizzy from all the head shaking.

justjohn

Why does he never get the fuck up and scream instruction at the players? Wasn't he touted as this intimidating hard man? He looks absolutely clueless just sitting there.

Linius

I almost never post in footy GAF, but browse it rather more regularly. But that last 96mins being among the most amazing I've sat through has about forced me to post, totally making sitting up til 2am worthwhile: work tomorrow can get Vardy'd.

You should start posting bro. It's fun.

pappe

A commanding Cb will help that. we missed the leadership of Rio or Vidic the most today.

Racist answers to Balotellis ManU tweet. Shameful. Not gonna post the pic because people are not worth it http://i.imgur.com/7raRmvH.png

But what the hell are they thinking I wonder?

Craig Sainsbury, disgrace to the name.

Real shame that Balotelli just can't get away from racist abuse. He seems pretty calm thus far. He's obviously making a conscious effort to not lose his head when he gets subbed, or when Adrian tries provoking a reaction, or Senderos is kicking him off the ball, but it's okay. I really don't get why a professional athlete can't be trained to to be on the move constantly, no matter what their personality is.

His closing down and physical battles have been fine (though it doesn't come naturally to him like it does Suarez), but his movement off the ball is far too static imo. Could do with him being the secondary threat to Sturridge's.

Purdy

Honestly, Balotelli should just be quiet in situations like this. If we'd win yesterday, fair enough, but we were terrible as well. And though he was far from our worst player, he wasn't good either.

Regardless of the twitter post he was good with what he was served, arguably only Moreno and Lallana were better. (Although not saying much with that performance)

This is the best community in GAF, by far. Post more frequently!

Ultimatum

Banned
I honestly can't believe rooney didn't get subbed off

everyone said VG has balls, but I guess that's not true

also there were bad ref decisions both ways, why do utd fans cry so much

pappe

Why does he never get the fuck up and scream instruction at the players? Wasn't he touted as this intimidating hard man? He looks absolutely clueless just sitting there.

I wonder the same thing? He never gets up and is not showing any emotion. Its weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom