• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT6| Daley Blind Is a Hack Of a Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

venison crêpe
Judging by Blablurn's post history from earlier today I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt in this instance that he didn't see the earlier posts at around the start of the race and kick off that certain posters didn't want the race spoiled.

As far as I'm aware there is currently no hard and fast rule regarding revealing other sport events results in this thread, although it is rather common decency not to "spoil" the result of another event in a thread that has nothing to do with that sport.

I will go away and think about how we treat such acts in this thread and others going forward. So no one is getting banned for this.

However, people may get banned for the vitriolic posts and/or attempts at trolling, banter or humour (or whatever crass term you want to refer to it as) that have occurred because of this incident or of the early set of games today. So this goes out to all of you whether you had anything to do with this spoiler incident or not, if you want to stick around be on your best behaviour for the rest of the day.

Moobabe

Poor penalty decision, sure, but United still conceded another 4 goals against a promoted side.

Don't worry though guys - it has been a tricky fixture list for you.

scently

I hate to sound like a bloody broken record and like most today he was poor but this singling out of Rooney after every. single. game is just getting fucking tiring now. Usual suspects every week.

Honestly. I don't get why some utd fans here can be so daft. What this loss has to do with Rooney is absolutely beyond me. Hell, he was one of our better players, but no, let's blame it all on Rooney because it must be his fault somehow. Use your head, it is there for a reason.

Our defence is so so bad. How we went from 3-1 to 5-3...., this has to be remedied by jan.

Scum

Neither Liverpool, Arsenal or Man Utd have the mentality needed to fight for the title imo. I thought we did after last season, but something has changed.

You can't fall apart like that just because one terrible penalty decision goes against you, especally when you're still winning after it.

Chelsea & City's got this.

I made the mistake of putting Leicester along with Burnley and West Brom to go down. looooool

Jarnet87

At least we got Chelsea vs. City to look forward to!

But what an absolutely shit performance from defense today

And taking Di Maria off. That is Moyes level, sorry Gaal but that was a shit decision

Well he's not gonna take off his golden boys RVP and Rooney. They are weak links in the team right now.

Purdy

That Balotelli twitt is so ... Balotelli. Truly an idiot.

Like all the other teams below Liverpool laughing at them finishing second last year or all the manu fans laughing at Liverpool yesterday whilst still being below them and preparing to get rolled over today?

United lost the game because

-shit decision
-Di Maria taken off for Mata. The difference in work rate and pace is too great.
-Blackett is shit. His defending on the 4th and 5th goal was worse than if a pigeon shat on Kolo's defending. Because he's in the game, it forces a better cb (Rojo) to play as lb who is a worse lb than Shaw.

jtb

Banned
Neither Liverpool, Arsenal or Man Utd have the mentality needed to fight for the title imo. I thought we did after last season, but something has changed.

You can't fall apart like that just because one terrible penalty decision goes against you, especally when you're still winning after it.

Man Utd don't even have the mentality for a Europa League place.

Wilbur

Banned
Weird game, that. Not sure what to make of it.

Just fucking odd how quickly the momentum changed and how we couldn't deal with it. Blackett had a superb first half and then all of a sudden played like the rookie he is. The penalty was one of the worst I've ever seen given, and I hope that doesn't come across as biased but it really was a fucking horrendous decision. Rankles even more that it came after Vardy fouled Rafael.

Don't like that cunt, by the way. He's like Shane Long, but more of a diver and with a shit haircut.

After that, it's very very concerning how we faded. Just didn't have the fight. I think 5-3 flatters Leicester in terms of the relative performances both teams gave - although I like them, they're a very good team and have the touch of a lesser Atletico in regards to their discipline and application - , but it really felt like one of those freak games where nothing really goes our way in terms of rub of the green and because it slipped away from us so quickly.

Not a terrible performance, all things considered. Not good, but not terrible. Leicester deserved the win and we have to work on our defending. But not as upset as I should be considering it just felt like one of those fucking weird weird games.

Dunno. Gonna read the thread now and see if anyone else agrees.

And Rooney was shit again.

Ingeniero

Just woke up and saw the results.
ManUre pwned again and conceded 5 goals lol
Spurs back to their natural habitat (failure)

Such an excellent way to start the day, lovely.

Let the comedy continue now at the Etihad.

K1LLER7

Poor penalty decision, sure, but United still conceded another 4 goals against a promoted side.

The decision changed the game. Leicster got a lift and the shit defence crumbled.

We really need to get the defence sorted.

first was out of play, 3rd goal we were still rattled from the poor pk decision but d should have done much better, last 2 were we caught chasing a goal. Poor ref decisions changed the game but still defense has no excuses.

RiggyRob

Di Maria and Rooneh got me some FPL points at least.

What a meltdown. Honestly not sure I can remember something like that from us...like...ever?

City 6-1 & 4-0 and West Brom 5-5 are the three that come to mind.

Have to give it to Leicester, Vardy and Cambiasso were great. Still no excuse to concede another 3 goals after the shit decision by Clattenburg.

raven777

OptaJoe ‏@OptaJoe 12m
1 - For the first time in their 853-game PL history, Man Utd have thrown away a two goal lead to lose. Unique.

Tc91

:lol

Get fucked you arrogant cunts.

u want ur fuckin go m8?

-----

Fuck RVP, fuck Blackett, fuck Rojo, fuck LvG's subs and FUCK Clattenburg.

Those subs were so wank. Why does RVP become immune to being subbed when he does literally fuck all?

Bringing Di Maria off when he was our only bright spark when chasing the game is boggling. Poor subs.

Worse than that m8 4 goals in twenty minutes.

edit:

OptaJoe ‏@OptaJoe 12m
1 - For the first time in their 853-game PL history, Man Utd have thrown away a two goal lead to lose. Unique.

This United sure is breaking records.

That penalty decision was so bad though.

This is the problem with refs.

How can anyone on the pitch take the ref seriously when they make calls like that.

The inconsistency is perplexing. Like I can't even begin to understand it.

Clegg

HITCHERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Let's not overreact.

City and Chelsea are probably the top two. But Everton, United, Arsenal and Spurs all have their own problems. Can't see any two of these teams pulling away to cement the top 4.
Told you

sobs

Zabojnik

Like all the other teams below Liverpool laughing at them finishing second last year or all the manu fans laughing at Liverpool yesterday whilst still being below them and preparing to get rolled over today?

No, not like that, since this has nothing to do with fans. Fans gonna fan.

Honestly, Balotelli should just be quiet in situations like this. If we'd win yesterday, fair enough, but we were terrible as well. And though he was far from our worst player, he wasn't good either.

GorillaJu

We are you 4-5 years ago. Target is 4th, will be tough to get there.

4-5 years ago we had a pair of owners who wouldn't invest a penny into our team, constantly passing up players the manager wants and selling off our best talent. The board fires that manager and hired an out of touch moron whose idea of a famous result is a 0-0 draw.

You just spent 150m, 200 when you buy Falcao, and hired one of the biggest and most successful managers in world football.

The parallels just aren't there.

Totakeke

Brackett was pushed in the back by Vardy before that red card and goal, not sure what he's supposed to do about that. Unfortunately everything else around that was terrible too.

Zabojnik

Honestly, Balotelli should just be quiet in situations like this. If we'd win yesterday, fair enough, but we were terrible as well. And though he was far from our worst player, he wasn't good either.

Exactly. It's not even about him being 'professional' or not. I couldn't care less about that. It's the utterly retarded timing of his twitt.

Moobabe

The decision changed the game. Leicster got a lift and the shit defence crumbled.

We really need to get the defence sorted.

This is Man United. It doesn't matter, or rather shouldn't matter, if you concede a soft penalty to Leicester. Yours is a team with Herrera, Blind, Falcao,Di Maria, Rooney, Rojo - World cup finalists, semi finalists and great players. There's no excuse for conceding 5 at Leicester.

Honestly though - the back 4 is obviously the weakest part of the team, but it was ridiculous how often they were exposed today.

bobito

Banned
I really don't know

None of the teams expected to finish 3rd-5th are convincing at all. We've each only had 1 genuinely good performance. Man Utd have had the easiest fixtures I guess. We really do need Sturridge back though, and fit for at least 25 or so of the remaining fixtures.

And that's without even thinking about an Everton or Southampton competing for one of the spots

Man Utd's loss today doesn't make our showing yesterday any better.

I think the top 8 apart from city and Chelsea are all pretty average. Put some good form together and Liverpool will be fine!

wapplew

For what it worth, our attacking is much better to watch.
Need carrick play CB next game, he know how to calm the team when needed, Rooney can't lead the team, zero control on team emotion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom