• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT6| Daley Blind Is a Hack Of a Player

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'll be fine once Sturridge gets back. Us, on the other hand, are already dead.

It's so fucking frustrating though. We spent an absolute fuck-tonne above the Suarez money, yet we're still reliant on the new SAS to give us the spark in attack since the others have severe weaknesses. We need a pair of adamantium legs for Studge, Sterling so far seems to be made out of concrete. Helped by the fact that he goes down like a little bitch the moment he feels illegal contact :p

Think the only Spurs match I've seen was the one against us. Even if you have a poor season, MoPo needs time to implement his pressing game on a team which was distinctly lazy last year imo, mentally and physically. Give him time, he'll see you right.

@people who watched the Spurs match, how did Wisdom play? I NEED TO KNOW

I hate football. I realise that I don't actually enjoy watching matches anymore, it's just fear and dread all round.

Don't know how to stop,though. Maybe I should follow some little MLS club.

Read John Crace's Vertigo or Tim Parks's A Season with Verona. Both are memoirs about following a team for a year. Pretty light hearted stuff, especially Crace because he supports Tottenham and lols ensue.

Basically, don't take this shit too seriously.

Scum

I hate football. I realise that I don't actually enjoy watching matches anymore, it's just fear and dread all round.

Don't know how to stop,though. Maybe I should follow some little MLS club.

As a Chelsea fan? quin, pls. That feeling is reserved for Spurs fans.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Same ol' problems from us, mate. We're getting done in by Arsenal next week. No attacking threat.

We're a soft side, we have been for years. Modric, Bale and VDV took us to another level for a time but the core of the side was always brittle, when those guys were injured we always got results like this one. It will take months for Pochettino to beat that out of the players but I think he will do it eventually.

We don't have any world class players anymore so our results have to come from hard work and being solid, the squad don't seem to understand that yet. The days where we could just wait for Bale to win the game are long gone, but the attitude hasn't changed. We are a lazy, languid side and we can't achieve anything playing the way we are. I trust Poch to sort it out though.

qindarka

Banned
As a Chelsea fan? quin, pls. That feeling is reserved for Spurs fans.

Yeah, I know, I feel kinda shitty about that.

Read John Crace's Vertigo or Tim Parks's A Season with Verona. Both are memoirs about following a team for a year. Pretty light hearted stuff, especially Crace because he supports Tottenham and lols ensue.

Basically, don't take this shit too seriously.

Thanks.

WhimsicalCoarseCattle.gif

Elchele

Both are fucked.

We've spent tons of money trying to fix ours and it's still fucked.

United have just spent £50 million on LBs.

It's so odd.

Defenses aren't shit because of players, but because of the coach.

Bayern's defense was a fucking mess during LvG era, Heynckes fixed it and he only signed Boateng in the first season. In the second season, even playing with van Buyten as starter CB we would go against any team in the top5 and ended up with a clean sheet.

Clegg

Must be stressed though that it's not strictly our back 4. If you look at their chances they cam from the fact that our defenders were left outnumbered or in one on ones.

It's poor organisation, and too little help from midfield that's hurting us.

I absolutely agree with you but at the same time our defenders made stupid individual errors. Either in one on ones or by not seeing/anticipating the next move. We have no organisation amongst the back 4.

Our other problem is that whilst our miidfield may be hard working, good in possession and going forward, they're not particularly strong defensively. Herrera and Blind aren't that type of midfielder and Di Maria obviously isn't. It's a problem which we'll have to work around.

Bayern's defense was a fucking mess during LvG era, Heynckes fixed it and he only signed Boateng in the first season. In the second season, even playing with van Buyten as starter CB we would go against any team in the top5 and ended up with a clean sheet.

Have you seen Blackett play? He's made errors in every game, but hasn't really been punished much. Today was the day he was punished.

But it's also LVG's fault. The organization was bad.

Scum

It's so fucking frustrating though. We spent an absolute fuck-tonne above the Suarez money, yet we're still reliant on the new SAS to give us the spark in attack since the others have severe weaknesses. We need a pair of adamantium legs for Studge, Sterling so far seems to be made out of concrete. Helped by the fact that he goes down like a little bitch the moment he feels illegal contact :p

Think the only Spurs match I've seen was the one against us. Even if you have a poor season, MoPo needs time to implement his pressing game on a team which was distinctly lazy last year imo, mentally and physically. Give him time, he'll see you right.

@people who watched the Spurs match, how did Wisdom play? I NEED TO KNOW

I think getting Gerrard out of the equation as soon as will help. Just need someone to help cover the back four.

MoPo will get all the time in the world from me, m9. But i swaer on me mam, if Levy doesn't, he'll get a visit from me soon enough. If only we had managed to get someone like Remy...

I actually agree with this a fair bit

No matter who we buy, what formation we deploy, how good the individual defensive performances are, we allow the opposition numerous clear chances every single game. Even Spurs had 2, and we absolutely twatted them.

anthonyOA

We're a soft side, we have been for years. Modric, Bale and VDV took us to another level for a time but the core of the side was always brittle, when those guys were injured we always got results like this one. It will take months for Pochettino to beat that out of the players but I think he will do it eventually.

We don't have any world class players anymore so our results have to come from hard work and being solid, the squad don't seem to understand that yet. The days where we could just wait for Bale to win the game are long gone, but the attitude hasn't changed. We are a lazy, languid side and we can't achieve anything playing the way we are. I trust Poch to sort it out though.

Good post. I completely agree. It'll take time to sort out. I think he's giving last years transfers a chance but in Jan a few more will be shipped out in place of more players that suit his style.

There is absolutely no command of play out there. Zero energy and industry. No one want to try anything. It's shameful. I'm ashamed for Spurs right now. Let there never be talk of top 4 until they sort their shit out.

Scum

I like him. I really do think he'll do good things for us. I just hope to God that Levy doesn't fuck this up with his knee jerk reactions. Just let MoPo do his thing for how ever long he needs. We coould do with someone for longer than 7 months.

Suen

£153m spent on players.

Three(?) of them on defenders.

Still can't defend for shit.

Fucks up a two goal lead against a promoted team and lose.

Glory Glory Glory United.

Madrid's implosion and Arsenal getting Welbeck hurts less now.

I thank the football deities.

praying_hands_1_.jpg

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
We played great for 55 minutes

I hold onto this hope, at least going forward we are legitimately scary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom