• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT6| Daley Blind Is a Hack Of a Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splatt

£153m spent on players.

Three(?) of them on defenders.

Still can't defend for shit.

Fucks up a two goal lead against a promoted team and lose.

Glory Glory Glory United.

Madrid's implosion and Arsenal getting Welbeck hurts less now.

I thank the football deities.

praying_hands_1_.jpg

tY8O3By.jpg

I think getting Gerrard out of the equation as soon as will help. Just need someone to help cover the back four.

MoPo will get all the time in the world from me, m9. But i swaer on me mam, if Levy doesn't, he'll get a visit from me soon enough. If only we had managed to get someone like Remy...

I hate to say it, but I don't see a way back for Gerrard. He is declining rapidly now, and at his age there's not much chance of him turning it around to a level where I'm happy with him being in the first 11. And that DM spot is the only position in our team where we can somewhat negate his lack of legs.

This really must be how Man Utd fans felt when Neville was clearly past it, and on a slippery slope with no footholds. I assume we're already looking at replacements now, since even if Can is good enough there, Lucas isn't good enough backup.

moojito

Shocking. Do they have a review board that penalizes refs?

In any case, the penalty does not excuse the defense falling apart. They were still up 3-2 at that point. They can't lose concentration so easily.

I've often wondered how refs are reviewed/held accountable.

Courage

Roma maintaining a clean sheet for 4 professional games now. That's what happens when you have a godlike defensive line; take notes Man U.

Scum

I hate to say it, but I don't see a way back for Gerrard. He is declining rapidly now, and at his age there's not much chance of him turning it around to a level where I'm happy with him being in the first 11. And that DM spot is the only position in our team where we can somewhat negate his lack of legs.

This really must be how Man Utd fans felt when Neville was clearly past it, and on a slippery slope with no footholds. I assume we're already looking at replacements now, since even if Can is good enough there, Lucas isn't good enough backup.

When are Allen and Can expected back from injuries??

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
The game also highlighted how tucked we are when Di Maria goes off

When are Allen and Can expected back from injuries??

Allen should be soon, was just a minor thing I think. Don't have a clue about Can. Even though he isn't exactly fast, he's faster than Gerrard and much more of a physical presence. We'd probably lose something in the quick transitions from defense to attack (though we've seen little of that anyway this season) and lose even more in set piece threat, but that would probably be a worthwhile sacrifice for solidity in such a vital space on the pitch

inky

The game also highlighted how tucked we are when Di Maria goes off

While that is true, first sub should've been Mata in for Falcao, not Januzaj. At least to get some semblance of a midfield back before pulling Di Maria out. Replace pace for smart touch first and give Mata more than 10 minutes too.

Well, truthfully, it should've been Rooney out first as well. But he's the captain now...

I've often wondered how refs are reviewed/held accountable.

In some countries there's a video review board (behind closed doors) and they bench refs for a few matches after they have shocking performances. I'm not sure how it works for the BPL, but I suspect there's at least some accountability.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
While that is true, first sub should've been Mata in for Falcao, not Januzaj. At least to get some semblance of a midfield back before pulling Di Maria out. Replace pace for smart touch first and give Mata more than 10 minutes too.

Well, truthfully, it should've been Rooney out first as well. But he's the captain now...
Rooney slowed the play down again, I just hate the way he does it and gets away with it

Actually telling Rooney that he's undroppable because of the captaincy seems like a really odd move for someone who prides himself on being fair to all the players and operating a merticracy in the squad. Especially considering the patchy nature of Rooney's all-round performances

Does the undroppable thing apply to him being subbed out as well?

K1LLER7

Van Gaal on #mufc's defence next week: "I think Shaw shall be fit enough to play and Rojo and Smalling can play. We can manage."

Rafael - Smalling - Rojo - Shaw

Better.

Scum

Allen should be soon, was just a minor thing I think. Don't have a clue about Can. Even though he isn't exactly fast, he's faster than Gerrard and much more of a physical presence. We'd probably lose something in the quick transitions from defense to attack (though we've seen little of that anyway this season) and lose even more in set piece threat, but that would probably be a worthwhile sacrifice for solidity in such a vital space on the pitch

A "small" price to pay for a solid defence.

Rooney slowed the play down again, I just hate the way he does it and gets away with it

Time to sell him and Oscar to PSG.

tri_willy

there was a game last season without gerrard playing, fucking hell the plays were fluid as, only negative thing were the shitty set pieces

Courage

Can someone rewind to the Real Galacticos era and see if Capello said anything remotely close to "we'll manage" regarding their team.
ibbeoXJbpptaSR.png

5 goals
ibbeoXJbpptaSR.png

In some countries there's a video review board (behind closed doors) and they bench refs for a few matches after they have shocking performances. I'm not sure how it works for the BPL, but I suspect there's at least some accountability.

When they're truly awful, the FA inflict them on a lower league match to fuck up away from the headlines.

Our pool of referees is too small. They're shit, so they get abused, so people don't do it, so there's a small pool, encouraging them to be shit, so they get abused etc.

If they're willing to put up with the abuse, it's essentially the most secure job in the game since there's nobody to replace them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom