• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT6| Daley Blind Is a Hack Of a Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

Banned
I'd have no beef if Vardy did just outmuscle Rafael. But he's a rat bastard and it was a shove, followed by a shameless dive.
Is RVP a rat bastard and shameless when he does it? Diving is annoying as fuck but many top players do it. United fan favorite Ronaldo has mastered the art along with Suarez, Bale, Messi, Ribery and Robben.

WJD

First day of full time work today.

Trying to coax out a poo with strong coffee and bran so their first impression of me isn't demolishing their toilets.

Wilbur

Banned
Rooney got a lot of blame for his poor attitude and captaining but I'd be fucking fuming if I were in his position too. He played really well until the penalty. He was better than Falcao, who did exceptionally well to put in that cross for RVP, but was generally absent outside of being a gravitational force to pull defenders out of Marie's wrecking ball path.

He did not play really well up until that point. He was okay. No better than that. In the first minute he gave it away twice in dangerous positions.

It's really not Rooney's fault that Blackett and Rojo couldn't handle simple long balls over the top and constantly got outmuscled by Vardy, who was sensational and not playing unfairly as some Utd fans have suggested. If Drogba, Lukaku, Suarez, Falcao or RVP shoulder barge defenders over they get full credit for their strength and for holding off defenders, and Vardy was no different in his physicality. I get similarly frustrated when I see Agbonlahor or Lukaku floor our defenders with shoves and shoulder barges, but the truth is strength is a key attribute for a CB to have and they shouldn't be losing out to physical strikers. If you're constantly putting CBs into 1-on-1's anyway you're asking for trouble.

The problem with Vardy is not that he outmuscled Rafael. It was a straight shoulder barge which wasn't punished, and was then compounded by a weak as fuck dive only seconds later which he also wasn't punished for. He was rewarded.

The Utd defense, compounded by the shocking absence of a holding player in midfield, are fully to blame. You don't have to play like Chelsea to not concede 5 goals. There's a middle ground that accommodates both attack and defense.

Absolutely.

WJD

Normally a good sleep and a bit of time makes it easier to take a result like yesterday's but it's doing the opposite with this one. Everything surrounding it and everything it could have been has me seething. Bunch of pussies.

LegoArmo

Normally a good sleep and a bit of time makes it easier to take a result like yesterday's but it's doing the opposite with this one. Everything surrounding it and everything it could have been has me seething. Bunch of pussies.

It was all looking so good, the van Gaal revolution was in full effect, comfortable lead, looking like scoring more, and it all changed within minutes.

He must be pissed off.

Wilbur

Banned
It was all looking so good, the van Gaal revolution was in full effect, comfortable lead, looking like scoring more, and it all changed within minutes.

He must be pissed off.

I think his substitutions were mad, but yes, not much else he could have done. We lost the game entirely because of our own mistakes.

Not to take credit away from Leicester, but yeah.

jts

...hate me...
I hope we will destroy Paderborn tomorrow. I'm already sick of the German media hyping them.

lawfulimpracticalballpython.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Milan President Silvio Berlusconi criticised the team and Coach Pippo Inzaghi for not doing “what I told them to” against Juventus.

Berlu is incredible :lol
Your years of abuse are over. Face your destiny.
Also means my gf can't stay late like usual :( Or im gonna get 3 or 2 hours of sleep per day :(

FUCK BAYERN

I am pleased with Arsenal's start this season. We have been playing pretty average so far, but have yet to lose and played better than City for the majority of the game. It is obvious that the team is not gelling yet and the back line is a mess, but if Wenger can get four guys to get a run of games together then we will look stronger back there. I watched highlights of the Villa game yesterday and Ozil looked much more comfortable. Welbeck and Ozil could form a great partnership if they learn to play together quickly.

I doubt we will make an impression in the CL, but I am hopeful we can do well in the league. It will all come down to Wenger in January. This team should be able to maintain a top four pace until January and then if Wenger fucking wakes up and signs some players, we should be able to mount a real challenge. I doubt mind us not winning the title, but I want to see us in contention until the final couple of weeks of the season. Something we haven't done in a decade.

Blablurn

Milan President Silvio Berlusconi criticised the team and Coach Pippo Inzaghi for not doing “what I told them to” against Juventus.

Also means my gf can't stay late like usual :( Or im gonna get 3 or 2 hours of sleep per day :(

FUCK BAYERN

:(

Gambit

I hope we will destroy Paderborn tomorrow. I'm already sick of the German media hyping them.

Agreed. It's very annoying. Every year they find some scrappy Aufsteiger to support at the beginning of the season. Eventually these will fade into obscurity again and the media will pretend they had always seen that coming. Worst offender: Hoffenheim. Counterexample: Kaiserslautern actually winning the whole damn thing.

I think it's the media's way of trying to give the early stages of the season some importance. When in reality, all big clubs are on damage-control mode.

FUCK BAYERN

I saw those comments and I felt sorry for Inzaghi. Inzaghi has such a tough job to do with such an average group of defenders, except Di Sciglio, but Berlusconi wants him to go out and full on attack against the most dominant Italian side of all time. Berlusconi forgets that his three great Milan teams were based around legendary defenders.

I am sure Pippo will get them into Europe, but Berlusconi can't expect a Fiat 500 to beat a Ferrari Enzo. I am sure he would have told Inzaghi do what Roma did last season with no Europe or Conte in his first year, but those two teams had great backlines.

It will be interesting watching the Berlusconi show again.

Blablurn

Agreed. It's very annoying. Every year they find some scrappy Aufsteiger to support at the beginning of the season. Eventually these will fade into obscurity again and the media will pretend they had always seen that coming. Worst offender: Hoffenheim. Counterexample: Kaiserslautern actually winning the whole damn thing.

I think it's the media's way of trying to give the early stages of the season some importance. When in reality, all big clubs are on damage-control mode.

Exaaaactly

That Hoffenheim example you mentioned was probably the biggest offender ever :D I remember how Bayern was basically dead according to the media.

To be fair we were dead later on when Wolfsburg beat us 5:1 and Barcelona 4:0 lol. But that had nothing to do with Hoffenheim obviously.

WJD

Ugh, hate waiting up Monday realising that yesterday did actually happen. Also hate that we have to wait a week for our next game.

Be interesting to see how LVG reacts to this with the West Ham/Everton games. I remember after the 6-1 against City Fergie spent the next few games really focusing on solidarity and the defensive functioning of the team, starting with a solid 1-0 win at Everton
where Cleverley bossed it before getting injured again
. Think we went on a run of clean sheets then and it formed the foundation for our season, though at the expense of some attacking flair.

No reason to change anything against West Ham next week but maybe against Everton he'll have the balls to drop two "star" players and go 4-3-3 like dis:

---------------- De Gea ----------------
Rafael ---- Smalling - Rojo ---- Shaw
---------------- Blind -------------------
---------- Herrera - Rooney -----------
Valencia (oh god) ------------ Di Maria
--------------- Falcao ------------------

Obviously the idea of Rooney that deep is a worry and Valencia is shite, but if it provides the back 4 with more protection then it's an option that he might like.

Really what I'm trying to say is I'm twiddling my thumbs waiting to leave and thought everyone would like a formation.

caesar

Banned
Congrats on the win yesterday by the way. I mentioned it yesterday, but you really do smack me of a lesser Atletico; such a good team effort in every single game I've seen so far.
Thanks m8, was definitely a defining moment after 10 years in the lower leagues.

Atletico are a great team so being anywhere in the same sentence is damn satisfying.

GorillaJu

Meh. I don't give a shit what they say. I expect devs and pubs to hype their own products. I also like the story in Destiny. It has a charming simplicity.

Jack cw

If Pep stops the rotation we will beat them at home. We werent that bad against HSV but had no player in the first half that had enough individual class to break through their defence. Paderborn will be tough because they will defend with every player and I seriously hope that Müller, Götze and Lewa are focused enough to finish the few chances the'll get.

Blablurn

If Pep stops the rotation we will beat them at home. We werent that bad against HSV but had no player in the first half that had enough individual class to break through their defence. Paderborn will be tough because they will defend with every player and I seriously hope that Müller, Götze and Lewa are focused enough to finish the few chances the'll get.
He did the rotation to focus on paderborn. The destiny lies in our hands. We can do it.

GorillaJu

I'd call it shallow and monotonous, rather than simple tbh :p

Meh. I don't need gimmicks and twists in my stories. A simple "death is coming pls save" is fine for this kind of game especially when it's acted well. Love the facial animations and music. It's so cheese it's almost kitsch

Salazar

Unfit to speak Tolkien's name.

And the shelf that accommodates Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, and Star Wars is governed so entirely by sentimentality that there's no fuckin reason not to put Dora the Explorer there too.

A certain intensity of fan-fic production doesn't mean you're rubbing shoulders with Dante.

FootballFan

Already seen season 1 m8, was really good. Heard season 2 is not that good so am waiting for a rainy day to watch it, lol.

How about some Anime. Stop being so judgemental. Not all Anime is about weird looking 16 year old girls at high school with short skirts.

Give Death Note a try mate.

You will become faridmon after 3 episodes, guaranteed.

Or watch MAD MEN FFS.

How about some Anime. Stop being so judgemental.

Give Death Note a try mate.

You will become faridmon after 3 episodes.

Or watch MAD MEN FFS.

Honestly, there are so many episodes in anime shows that it's hard to keep up with them all lol

plus I just prefer live-action stuff. like Mad Men :p

I'll get round to starting Mad Men some day m8, keep forgetting about it actually :lol

FootballFan

Honestly, there are so many episodes in anime shows that it's hard to keep up with them all lol

plus I just prefer live-action stuff. like Mad Men :p

I'll get round to starting Mad Men some day m8, keep forgetting about it actually :lol

So many episodes

There are like 30 episodes in each good anime series lol.

That is 3 seasons of mad men.

And each episode is 20 minutes. So actually it is like 1 season of mad men.

Stop being so judgemental. Jesus.

dc89

Yesterday showed how bad the EPL ref's are. Clattenberg getting everything from a corner to a penalty decision wrong.

Mike Dean - where do I even start. I'd love to know what constitutes as a yellow card in his head. Some of his decisions were ridiculous.

Silva
Costa with his hands round Zaba's throat = no card (should be red)
Zaba - won the ball = red card

Joke of a ref.

EmiPrime

Anime can be great but there's so much crap out there. Feels like a real effort sifting through all that to get to the good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom