• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT6| Daley Blind Is a Hack Of a Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

The FF XV news just keep getting worse and worse. It's hilarious.

I don't like the fact their won't be any females in the main party.
Not only do I personally disagree with it, because it's just an odd decision, but I can already hear the clacks of keyboards as people get up in arms about it and start accusing SE of sexism and the rest of it.

FootballFan

Whoever told you that is chatting serious amounts of shit.

Yep.

Anime can be great but there's so much crap out there. Feels like a real effort sifting through all that to get to the good stuff.

That is why you ask what is good and let others suffer watching the terrible terrible ones.

There are terrible live action shows too, like According to Jim, every mtv show etc. If I only watched those I'd think tv sucks too.

El Topo

Because they finally decided a direction for the game?

I'm not going to list much, I'm just going to quote a mod regarding the battle system.
The action definitely sounds very much automated now though. You customize stuff beforehand, and in combat you basically pick between holding down defend or holding down attack, or picking other more active moves like warping or casting magic. Even combination attacks with other party members are triggered by context.

Such a combat system might work if they do all things correctly, but I'm not convinced. Even Xenoblade, as much as I like it, didn't really blow me away with its battle system. That said the tone of the story, the character design and as dc mentioned the "no playable female" stuff is just weird. Not necessarily bad, it could turn out to be great, but I'm sceptical.

I'm not saying the game will suck.

dc89

So bad. We were shameful in our own way, but I hope we've got our "atrocious reffing" game out of the way.

Mike Dean just mismanaged the City game.

With players like Costa & Zabaleta there are always going to be tasty challenges. The ref got his yellows out too early and made a rod for his own back.

Jack cw

In the end the game has to be fun. I dont like convoluted controls and options and if they streamline all the gameplay that it works and becomes fun to play it's alright. I really dont need Souls/Dragons Dogma or Witcher controls for combat in this one. I even liked FF13s paradigm shift system (but everything else was shit in that game). I am sceptical too, but in the end they had to decide for a direction and get it to release.

El Topo

In the end the game has to be fun. I dont like convoluted controls and options and if they streamline all the gameplay that it works and becomes fun to play it's alright. I really dont need Souls/Dragons Dogma or Witcher controls for combat in this one. I even liked FF13s paradigm shift system (but everything else was shit in that game). I am sceptical too, but in the end they had to decide for a direction and get it to release.

If the story is great I don't mind a disappointing combat system that much. Didn't bother me with Xenoblade.

Jack cw

If the story is great I don't mind a disappointing combat system that much. Didn't bother me with Xenoblade.

Dont know. I still want this game to be huge and progressive with its skills and all. It has potential to become something unique but I pretty much lost any hope for story in a FF game. At least it does look incredibly good.

Yesterday showed how bad the EPL ref's are. Clattenberg getting everything from a corner to a penalty decision wrong.

Mike Dean - where do I even start. I'd love to know what constitutes as a yellow card in his head. Some of his decisions were ridiculous.

Silva
Costa with his hands round Zaba's throat = no card (should be red)
Zaba - won the ball = red card

Joke of a ref.

What happened to that ref who retired and then was appointed by the Referee's association to explain refereeing decisions?

Stulaw

Yesterday showed how bad the EPL ref's are. Clattenberg getting everything from a corner to a penalty decision wrong.

Mike Dean - where do I even start. I'd love to know what constitutes as a yellow card in his head. Some of his decisions were ridiculous.

Silva

Joke of a ref.

They all seem to be trying for Howard Webbs former position as Englands "best" referee. Although, if you support a London club and are facing a Northern team, Clattenburg's always been like that.

Pennywise

Dont know. I still want this game to be huge and progressive with its skills and all. It has potential to become something unique but I pretty much lost any hope for story in a FF game. At least it does look incredibly good.

That's what really destroyed XIII.
It looked good, but beyond that it was hideous.
Combat system was garbage and it can't be that hard...Smaller studios like the tales studio or Tri-Ace are getting it right to implement a proper system, if they don't wanna go back to the old one.
The story was even for J-RPG standards fucking bad, the only thing worse was Star Ocean 4.

Lightning

Banned
I don't like the fact their won't be any females in the main party.
Not only do I personally disagree with it, because it's just an odd decision, but I can already hear the clacks of keyboards as people get up in arms about it and start accusing SE of sexism and the rest of it.
It's weird as female characters are among the most kick ass in ff games.

FFVII - Tifa + Powersoul + Cursed Ring = cheap over powered weapon killing enemies way too quickly.

FFVIII - Quistis and Degenertor is way too cheap.

FFIX - Garnet is hot. First game character I really thought was hot.

FFX - Rikku is hilariously cheap. Her overdrive can completely handicap any boss fight in the entire game. Including superbosses and monster area enemies.

FFXII - Ashe is so cool. Along with Balthier probably the only cool character in the game.

FFXIII - Lightning, Fang and Vanille are imo the best party you can have for most fights, especially boss fights.

So yeah no female characters in party is just going to be so weird. Totally sucks.

Jack cw

That's what really destroyed XIII.
It looked good, but beyond that it was hideous.
Combat system was garbage and it can't be that hard...Smaller studios like the tales studio or Tri-Ace are getting it right to implement a proper system, if they don't wanna go back to the old one.
The story was even for J-RPG standards fucking bad, the only thing worse was Star Ocean 4.

FF13 failed for many reasons, but not because of the battle system. I hate FF13 with passion but combat was decent. They shifts and strategic elements were pretty well thought out. It was the only reason I kept playing it. Everything else was flawed, from the corridor world, non existing towns, boring scenarios, shit, shit story, bad characters, shit enemy design, stupid written dialogs, wrong cast of voice actors to stupid character design, stupid grinding to extend playtime and an unlikable lead character.

Toriyama is out on this thank god, and the Type 0 team taking over isn't that bad either. After more than 8 years, this game will, regardless of how great it will turn out, never meet the out of this world expectations.

Thought it was interesting that LvG blamed our willingness to attack. It gave us three goals but left us wide open to the counter. If Mourinho was out manager he'd spend the entire week on defensive positioning and to nick a 1-0 at the weekend. Don't know what LvG will come up with though. Doesn't seen like the manager to do that. Our midfield is one set up to attack. Really can't see what we can do to change that. Don't have the players for a defensive game.

LVG said he wants the players to stop pressing so much when United are leading by 2 goals. It can give you great chances to score, but at the same time can put your defense under more pressure, which it did against Leicester.

Young and Rooney are my most loathed footballers. Why do they have to play for my team ;_;

Ribery, Nasri and Gerrard are close though.

----

Clegg, thought LVG got it massively wrong re: subs today. Adnan on for Falcao when RVP looked a little puffed and then not moving Rooney up top, and then Mata for ADM meaning either he or Rooney were to play deep. Really odd subs.

Falcao was always going to come off as he's not fully fit yet, but Di Maria shouldn't have been subbed off for Mata. Di Maria not only has pace which makes our attack better, but has work rate so it helps our defense a bit. Mata doesn't have that. Mata should have replaced Falcao and Adnan should have replaced RVP if he wanted to use that sub. LVG got it wrong.

Thing with Di Maria is, as quality as he is, I can't find myself loving him as much as I will Herrera or Blind if they keep good performances up. I'm under no illusions ADM really wants to be at United, pretty sure he'd rather be at Madrid, yet interviews with Blind and Herrera (especially the latter) have made it sound like they're really proud and honoured to be at United. Even Falcao sounds really genuine and he's a merc :lol

It's also why I loved Danny. A fan. Sniff.

I don't really care why Di Maria came to the club. All I care about is that he's at the club and that he's performing well. Most footballers are greedy and would be willing to leave the club. He's also a player that is above the level of Herrera and Blind so he has more clubs chasing him than either of those players.

Jack cw

I know I'm late but what happened here?
ByES4hOIAAE7Lkm.jpg:large

Pennywise

FF13 failed for many reasons, but not because of the battle system. I hate FF13 with passion but combat was decent. They shifts and strategic elements were pretty well thought out. It was the only reason I kept playing it. Everything else was flawed, from the corridor world, non existing towns, boring scenarios, shit, shit story, bad characters, shit enemy design, stupid written dialogs, wrong cast of voice actors to stupid character design, stupid grinding to extend playtime and an unlikable lead character.

Toriyama is out on this thank god, and the Type 0 team taking over isn't that bad either. After more than 8 years, this game will, regardless of how great it will turn out, never meet the out of this world expectations.
My expectations are pretty modest.
Sakaguchi is gone and he was one of the few people that knew how to lead the teams.

It was well thought out, but it had nearly no impact.
I could easily press X and do nothing else and get through the game without any problems..only the last boss had at least a bit of difficulty.
Star Ocean 4 had the perfect example of a proper action based battle system, but I still love the oldschool round based system anyway.

El Topo

My expectations are pretty modest.
Sakaguchi is gone and he was one of the few people that knew how to lead the teams.

It was well thought out, but it had nearly no impact.
I could easily press X and do nothing else and get through the game without any problems..only the last boss had at least a bit of difficulty.
Star Ocean 4 had the perfect example of a proper action based battle system, but I still love the oldschool round based system anyway.

I wish we got more round-based systems. I always liked them. Let's hope Persona 5 doesn't try to experiment in that direction.

Pennywise

I wish we got more round-based systems. I always liked them. Let's hope Persona 5 doesn't try to experiment in that direction.

I doubt it.
They have their fans for a reason and it's the same team after all, they never made a bad game.
Hopefully Sega will allow them to do another game, the team wishes for, just like Catherine.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I watched up until the penalty on MOTD and turned it off.

We were really good up till the penalty.

As bad as the officiating was yesterday, basically Leicester's first two goals shouldn't have stood, I just can't get mad over it.

It if finished 3-3 I might well have but yesterday was just another embarrassing day to add to the collection.

Only consolation is that we actually played well for some parts of the game. Just do more of that and less of the other stuff.

Ortix

Banned
As bad as the officiating was yesterday, basically Leicester's first two goals shouldn't have stood, I just can't get mad over it.

It if finished 3-3 I might well have but yesterday was just another embarrassing day to add to the collection.

Only consolation is that we actually played well for some parts of the game. Just do more of that and less of the other stuff.

Nothing wrong with the first goal, I think?

Pls don't be alluding the Toure ball to hand thingy.

And if you want to talk about penalties, Toure should have had one.

More of a penalty than this will ever be a fucking choke

4894f84fdsfbkdb.gif

He's just telling the big Argentinian violent man to stop pulling his hair. #selfdefense

dc89

Dark Souls update:

I'm in the Londo Ruins. The first ghost I come across almost KO's me with one hit, I turn around to run away across the planks I just crossed and ran into the water. Dead.

Edit: Tried fighting them. Dead.

Still pretty crappy for both goals that gave Leicester a life should have not been given

Silva

Joke of a ref.

I feel like as mad as Costa is he never really had hold of Zaba's throat. He barely touched it for less than a second. The image makes it look awful but when you watch the video it really is just brushing past where for half a second he thought about it.

Blablurn

There are some interesting tidbits from the new Pep book:

- Boateng told him that no one ever taught him how to play defender.

- For Pep Höjbjerg is the next Busquets. He is teaching him the ABC of the midfield game.

- He tried to teach Javi the defense play.

- He told the Bayern managers not to sell Kroos. But the stuff behind the scenes was to complicated with Kroos. So they sold him.

- He knew about Mandzus technical skills but he didn't like the way he behaved.

- Selling Gomez and Gustavo was easy for Pep. He didn't want them. Napoli offered 3m more for Gomez.

- He wanted to use Ribery as a striker. But Ribery wasn't able to learn the fundamentals of the position.

Seeing a number of articles this morning talking about Gerrard and Rooney's decline and how their undroppable status is negatively affecting their respective teams. It's about time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom