• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT6| Daley Blind Is a Hack Of a Player

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Neville's, Giggs, Scholes and Beckham have gotten into bed with billionaire Peter Lim. Watch out for the eventual rumours of United takeover attempt.

He would need to be a multi billionaire for that.

United ain't gonna be sold for anything less than 1 billion dollars

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Claudio in Team of the Week

Claudio Marchisio [Juventus]

Like a fire on the borderline he was uncontrollable, led the way from midfield and always involved. He also won all his aerial challenges, distributed the ball superbly and easily had the most touches of anyone. Superb

AND he hit the post. ;_; Artorias who? Pirlo who? Blind who? Cattermole wh--, nah, too far.

Clegg

He would need to be a multi billionaire for that.

United ain't gonna be sold for anything less than 1 billion dollars
Latest valuation on the stock market has
Haha what? That's what the Glazer's bought United for almost 10 years ago. You're vastly underestimating the potential cost of a takeover.

Looking at at least double that.

K1LLER7

Rojo was garbage in one on ones I'm not sure how putting him in a position where his shittiness will be even more apparent will help.
His main position is a CB and he's done well there before. I Would rather try him in his main role rather than just judge him after 2 games at LB.

If he sucks when played at CB, we need to worry.

Nyx

5oGs1uy.png

Tommy Ooooooooaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrr

The assist-king of the Dutch Eredivisie at the moment.

Clegg

We're gonna see Rojo and Smalling in central defence next week.

Think I'll go out for a long walk instead of watching.

GorillaJu

Shaw seems more ready to play than Rojo but maybe there's a fitness issue or something keeping him out of your starting team. Herrera was pretty good, but there were gaping, huge spaces between your midfield and defense. Who is going to be the one to occupy that defensive position? I thought Blind's job was to do that but he seemed to be more the distributor/recycler type and didn't really play the holding role.

L1NETT

When you look at the experience of the defenders who left United and the experience of the folk who are left.....

For all these young defenders, who are talented, I think you need an older head back there.

I stopped thinking like that because in reality it never happens to have the whole squad ready for a few weeks.

Well, obviously.

But the fact that with all these injuries, we still could bring Micky and Immobile from the bench, is good. Looking at the recent match, you were able to bring Alonso, Götze and Lewa, which is better on paper. But let's not forget that you guys had your problems as well. Sure, getting a point is better than getting no points. But playing 0-0 against Hamburg is probably about as bad as losing to Mainz :lol

bud

Thought this till I was gifted one. They aren't pointless, they actually made me read more and browsing on them is nice.

slizz, please share your thoughts on the leaked hope solo pictures.

did what you see live up to your expectations?
AkpmCMU.png

Rojo is exactly who everyone thought he was. Average.

That's better than Blackett at least. He's had mistakes in every game, but finally got punished. He's a pussy when it comes to defending. He's weak in the air and likes to defer to others unless United are in possession.

Shaw should be much better at lb. His reputation in these parts has taken a hit after playing wingback and Gaal calling him fat.

Slizz

That's better than Blackett at least. He's had mistakes in every game, but finally got punished. He's a pussy when it comes to defending. He's weak in the air and likes to defer to others unless United are in possession.

Shaw should be much better at lb. His reputation in these parts has taken a hit after playing wingback and Gaal calling him fat.

Yeah, I'm not too worried about Shaw and I agree with L1NETT, an older assertive figure in the backline would help. I think it would help Blackett the most, he's a baby and making his first PL starts, he's gonna be shaky and defer to others almost automatically.

K1LLER7

Blackett was our best defender in the first half tbf. Also thought that as soon as Evans went off injured, our defence started to play worse.

Blackett isn't good enough bros. He wasn't good enough for the reserves and is why he had to often play as a lw. He wasn't good in the Championship.

He's been getting minutes because he's the only left footed cb, Shaw being fat, and Rojo not having a work permit.

Blackett isn't good enough bros. He wasn't good enough for the reserves and is why he had to often play as a lw. He wasn't good in the Championship.

He's been getting minutes because he's the only left footed cb, Shaw being fat, and Rojo not having a work permit.

This.

He looks comfirtable on the ball, but he lacks so many attributes for a good CB. He's nervy, not strong enough, not a good tackler or header, not very good positionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom