• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT6| Daley Blind Is a Hack Of a Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

confuziz

Banned
Just saw the first penalty decision of Leicester.

Don't know about the FA but these type of challenges are just silly and will always lead to a penalty in the Eredivisie.

De Gea didn't look the fresh either yesterday.

KidJr

So, with the season now a month old, how would you guys rate how your team have done so far?

7/10 (Arsenal fan) yet loose but we have been struggling to find our best form. Humbled by Dortmund but some resilient displays.

However as I'm sure Wenger is also wondering, what the hell is our best team. Wiltshere wants to play centrally in the hole, which with displays like his MOTM performance against city isnt a bad shout however as Ozil showed, he can only really play well as a number 10 (for the time being). We are still looking for that perfect blend of attack, defense, pace, retention of possession etc.

Arteta is weak link, I think wenger has known that for a while, and its not arteta is a fault he's doing a job that doesnt play to his strengths. I hope Debuchy isnt out for 3 months because if so we are very light on defense.

Sanchez... gosh this guy is going to be scintillating, love his work rate and has a great touch, can is actual dribbler, doesnt just beat his man with pace, which I like to see.

Dubechy was doing really well, and Callum has settled in well (although prone to the odd error or two).

I think Welbeck is a GREAT signing, from now one mate, its head down, practise practise practise. The story of Ronaldo's conversation from potential into world class is the epitome of practicing

We need to get a lot better if we are going to be taken seriously, I mean bar a late resurgane from Diaby as a holding midfielder (and this guy is faaarrr to attack minded to be this) I think we may fall short.

Bumhead

Banned
So, with the season now a month old, how would you guys rate how your team have done so far?

Sheffield Wednesday - 9/10

We sold our best player the week before the season started and various combinations of our remaining best players, including our first choice central midfield, have been and still are injured. Yet we are 6th, only conceded 4 goals and only lost 1 game; to the current leaders and the team I expect to win the division handsomly come May.

Also, Stevie May is a God amongst men.

Only negative is the sucker punch we conceded in the 94th minute to draw 1-1 at home to Millwall. But they're a decent side and these things happen.

Fucking delighted. Stuart Gray has got to be a candidate for manager of the calendar year across any division for the job he's done with us.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Thats the most frustrating thing about Saturday, but the thing that makes it slightly palatable, our offence is fucking steamrolling at the moment.

"I have only one year contract," said Argentina coach [Bielsa] of OM, although it had signed for two years on the team last spring. "There is no option for a second year, he assured. It is an act on my part, vis-à-vis the club, leaving him time to evaluate me. It was me who asked. In my previous club, Spain, I could sign for several years. That's too much for the club in my opinion. (...) In this case, the prestige of the club (OM) is far superior to mine. "
LEGEND

If he ever does leave us I hope he goes to England. Wenger replacement.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Its strange to me that Di Maria has looked dead after 70mins in all of his games, he was always touted as an engine but hes pulled up for cramp twice now :(

Scum

It must be nice for Man Utd GAF to not look at Young in the starting lineup.

Its strange to me that Di Maria has looked dead after 70mins in all of his games, he was always touted as an engine but hes pulled up for cramp twice now :(

Ra's is working him too hard and he's doing too much on his own.

Mr Cola

Is must be nice for Man Utd GAF to look at Young in the starting lineup.

Ra's is working him too hard and he's doing too much on his own.

If he gets injured, not only do we have a crocked defence but we have an attack with no pace or impetus.

God help us

He didn't really have a pre season. He played vs Atletico and Fiorentina, but that's it. I think he'll start playing 90 minutes starting next week.

bud23

MARCA EXCLUSIVE | Ancelotti drops Casillas after four league games http://bit.ly/1qZSuon

Would be nice.

qh8VVeJ.png

Great news.

jtb

Banned
so Monreal is out until mid October, Debuchy out for 3 months at least.... this could get really ugly really quickly

Will be played more as a utility man I would guess. Left midfield, left back, maybe centerback even? in a midfield pairing with Strootman.

Oh yeah, forgot he can play LB. Maybe a midfield trio of Strootlord, Blind and Herrera could work as well, with a front 3 of Di Maria-Falcao-Rooney

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Just watching the game back and the atmosphere at the Lane is shocking, I think it's a real problem for us. It was like a morgue for the entire match, I get that the fans expect entertainment but where is the support for the team? It was embarrassing and all it does is help the opposition.

Some of the people in the stands need a reality check, we don't have Bale, Modric and Van Der Vaart anymore, our midfield is not world class yet they expect us to swat teams aside.

Jarnet87

Oh yeah, forgot he can play LB. Maybe a midfield trio of Strootlord, Blind and Herrera could work as well, with a front 3 of Di Maria-Falcao-Rooney

You mean Di maria-Rooney-RVP. Rooney and RVP are the Young and Valencia of last year, Absolute shit, absolutely undroppable. Please Gaal swallow your pride and make the right decision. Drop Rooney for Mata, drop RVP for Wilson. Let us thrive.

Just watching the game back and the atmosphere at the Lane is shocking, I think it's a real problem for us. It was like a morgue for the entire match, I get that the fans expect entertainment but where is the support for the team? It was embarrassing and all it does is help the opposition.

Some of the people in the stands need a reality check, we don't have Bale, Modric and Van Der Vaart anymore, our midfield is not world class yet they expect us to swat teams aside.

A lot of the big teams have shit home support. The difference between home support and away support is big.

The Hipster Leagues Roundup by chief hipster

Ibe's goal for Derby

Goal of the season

Looks like Kelly had a decent game for Palace. Howard's fuckups are never dwelt on, as relatively rare as they are.

Come back Martin :(

edit: Jesus, West Brom are all over Spurs so far, watching MotD. Blatant handball by Adebayor too

At least we've got players the opposition will fear in him and Rumbo, now that RVP and Rooney are semi-retired.

Rumbo's cross was so amazing. Left footed aswell. It's so nice to have some quality in the final third. And Andy making those tackles.

Also Delle Alpi is shit. He's going to play for bottom/middling PL clubs for a few years and then go back down to his rightful level.

Rumbo's cross was so amazing. Left footed aswell. It's so nice to have some quality in the final third. And Andy making those tackles.

Also Delle Alpi is shit. He's going to play for bottom/middling PL clubs for a few years and then go back down to his rightful level.

If he's lucky he might be the new Will Hughes.

L1NETT

Oh yeah could be from that time he completely embarrassed all those United midfielders like darling Kagawa and the next Paul Scholes Nick Powell and fatderson. Despite him being 18

But yeah he's shit

3rd tier is where he rightfully belongs with all the other hipster clubs

Oh yeah could be from that time he completely embarrassed all those United midfielders like darling Kagawa and the next Paul Scholes Nick Powell and fatderson. Despite him being 18

But yeah he's shit

I have no idea how you're talking about but I'm quite sure he doesn't matter.

EPL EPL EPL EPL EPL EPL EPL EPL EPL EPL

L1NETT

Linny mad that somebody said bad things about real football.

I'm chatting shit, so here is a pithy deflection

I really couldn't give two hoots if you slag off the lower leagues with your uninformed tripe gathered from youtube clips. But don't be surprised if I call you out on it m8

At the end of the day i'm just a lower league hipster really. An outlier.

But yeah he's shit

Kagawa only played like 20 minutes that game. Leave him alone you bully.

I'm chatting shit, so here is a pithy deflection

I really couldn't give two hoots if you slag off the lower leagues with your uninformed tripe gathered from youtube clips. But don't be surprised if I call you out on it m8

At the end of the day i'm just a lower league hipster really. An outlier.

The only lower league player I've ever YouTubed is Zaha.

Delle Alli isn't worth the time.

Zabojnik

everyday

I'm just tired of seeing Llorente lumbering upfront, it's time for a change

Llorente set up like 70% of our chances in the last few matches, but yeah. I want dat Pogba - Coman - Morata. If not vs. Cesena ... when?!

Sucks about Caceres. He was playing like a boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom