• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT6| Daley Blind Is a Hack Of a Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Feel bad for Blackett in a way, horrible way to be thrown in when you are not prepared, gonna take alot of stick when he can only be as good as he is. This isnt like Cleverley where he was given a good birth in the first team and was around it for years.

Wilbur

Banned
Rooney should have been telling him to keep his head up as well instead of berating the whole team. Berate the experienced heads. Don't pile on the youngster being thrown into the deep end.

Feel bad for Blackett in a way, horrible way to be thrown in when you are not prepared, gonna take alot of stick when he can only be as good as he is. This isnt like Cleverley where he was given a good birth in the first team and was around it for years.

I kinda agree but you have to remember that it's 'if you're good enough, you're old enough'.

It's not 'if you seem like you might possibly be good enough in the perfect conditions after playing for a few years in a settled team then you're old enough'.

Rooney should have been telling him to keep his head up as well instead of berating the whole team. Berate the experienced heads. Don't pile on the youngster being thrown into the deep end.

Rooney pissed me off. Joke of a captain berating them after he fucked up his clearance. Lead by example next time you fat turd.

Two weekends of two similar texts to my other united friend. "Holy shit, Di Maria!" followed by , "My god, Blackett is shit" The latter text came before the red card!

Very disappointing result, but I can't say I am that surprised with the back lines we keep putting out there. January transfers could very well determine our chance at a top 4 finish without a proper CB signing. That Vidic gap gets wider every match it seems.

I still think that first PK call was horseshit and completely changed the momentum of the game. Either way, United defense was a joke. At least the exciting and pretty goals are back, now we just need the results...

Jarnet87

I thought Blackett was doing a good job before the collapse. He was handling the physicality of Leicester. A good amount of the squad were handling the game the well up until the penalty disaster except for RVP, Rooney, and Rojo. Falcao was decent. He at least was creating some space with his runs. RVP was useless outside the header, and same with Rooney and his one contribution. He's not a real leader, but then again this team doesn't really have one. The only other players you could argue are captain material are Evans, Fletcher, and Carrick. Evans is always injured, Fletcher isn't good enough to play week in and week out anymore and Carrick was hurt, plus he's never been an outspoken player. I think he could still be a quiet leader who leads by example, and anyone else is better then Rooney. Carrick will be a huge boost to the side.

L1NETT

Has Blackett even had a full season of football anywhere?

How is he not good enough for the championship

He's got potential to be good player

But especially for centre halfs you can't have a whole back 4 or 5 or whatever of players still finding their feet in the game. Asking for trouble

Rooney pissed me off. Joke of a captain berating them after he fucked up his clearance. Lead by example next time you fat turd.

Just because he fucks up doesn't mean he can't yell at other players for fucking up, unless you expect him to yell at himself. It's like you think he doesn't know he made a mistake.

Has Blackett even had a full season of football anywhere?

How is he not good enough for the championship

He's got potential to be good player

But especially for centre halfs you can't have a whole back 4 or 5 or whatever of players still finding their feet in the game. Asking for trouble

Blackett went on loan last season to the Championship and failed to impress.

Jack cw

Well, obviously.

But the fact that with all these injuries, we still could bring Micky and Immobile from the bench, is good. Looking at the recent match, you were able to bring Alonso, Götze and Lewa, which is better on paper. But let's not forget that you guys had your problems as well. Sure, getting a point is better than getting no points. But playing 0-0 against Hamburg is probably about as bad as losing to Mainz :lol

We had our problems no doubt. But I take 1 point in Hamburg every time than having wasted our players early in the season. Pep learned from his mistake last season where we played 100% until the league was won and we lost out momentum afterwards. He rotates now and plays a football that is not as exhausting and dangerous than previous season and it will pay off in the end. Every point is important in winning the league.

Yeah, I don't know enough about Blackett to say he himself is a shit player, lets just say, the scenario he has been thrown in to, he has been playing like shit. All of his passes are a touch or two too late and seem to be either just under hit or way too slow. Seems like it could be nerves. Regardless, he is not the immediate bolstering of the CB position United desperately needs. I too have mixed feelings about Rooney as captain. He is too hot headed for the captain roll. Maybe by the end of the season we will have some one stepping up to earn the C.

L1NETT

Blackett went on loan last season to the Championship and failed to impress.

Bit part loans in two struggling teams where he played no more than like 7 games for each? Yeah that's a really good measure. And Blues he waa thrust in at a mess of club in an unfavoured position. Defenders coming on loan are way different to attacking players. Unless you are settled with a good run in a team being a pit part sub doesn't tell anyone anything

Also the Blackpool fans were quite impressed with him.

L1NETT

Anyone sod Blackett right boring even debating about him

Lets talk about Demarai Gray

Brummie builder who was working round house yesterday said he was the most talented player he'd seen since Trevor Francis!

Patrick Roberts ----Sterling----Demarai Gray

--Sturridge

Holy fucking macaroni

The World Cup is ours

Brummie builder who was working round house yesterday said he was the most talented player he'd seen since Trevor Francis!

--Sturridge

Holy fucking macaroni

The World Cup is ours

El Shaarawy-Zaza-Berardi
-----Mastour
5th star incomming

Bumhead

Banned

It's a tough one for Blackett.

Individually he might be good enough and might go on to have a fantastic career be it at United or elsewhere. But it's a risky and I think slightly irresponsible move by United to throw him in at the deep end. There's no quicker way to kill a youngsters career than to chuck him into a struggling team and ask him to do the business, whatever level you're at.

He will be shouldering a massive amount of pressure and hurt to his personal pride right now for mistakes that go way and above his responsibility.

Is he the absolutely rapid young winger at Birmingham?

Came on against us. Looks like a prospect.

Randdalf

--Sturridge

Holy fucking macaroni

The World Cup is ours

You're forgetting the mandatory Rooney up front. :(

bjaelke

FuCU8VK.jpg
Studge better be firing on all cylinders next weekend. Stuff him with pain meds if necessary.

Wilbur

Banned
Guys I'm trying to get onto amazon.co.uk on my phone and it isn't working but amazon.com is

BBC.co.uk isn't working. It seems everything with a co.uk doesn't seem to work. Does anyone know why this is? Does turkey hate ME

It worked last night

Bit part loans in two struggling teams where he played no more than like 7 games for each? Yeah that's a really good measure. And Blues he waa thrust in at a mess of club in an unfavoured position. Defenders coming on loan are way different to attacking players. Unless you are settled with a good run in a team being a pit part sub doesn't tell anyone anything

Totally agree. Far too much hyperbole going round here at the moment with regards to most players. Seems there is only great or shit.

Blackett was definitely solid in the first half. Stepped up the line confidently to make a number of interceptions and controlled physical players on the turn pretty well. He is good with the ball at his feet and the physical side will develop.
MMost youngsters have a hard time with the physical side of the game early on, particularly when exposed like he was due to poor positioning by Rojo on occasion.

Let's give things a bit of time before writing him off.

L1NETT

Is he the absolutely rapid young winger at Birmingham?

Came on against us. Looks like a prospect.

That's the one

Such a quality little player.

We do moan in England (we are english after all) but we have some right fucking good players coming through. Just a question if they play regular minutes now or get hoovered up by the big 2 or 3 and shat out when they are 21, ruined.

I watched him in the reserves and he wasn't impressive. He's a lb that was eventually played at lw because he wasn't good enough. He played a couple of times in cb while a couple of the youth cbs were out on loan or injured.

He was never the best cb in the youth team.

Guys I'm trying to get onto amazon.co.uk on my phone and it isn't working but amazon.com is

BBC.co.uk isn't working. It seems everything with a co.uk doesn't seem to work. Does anyone know why this is? Does turkey hate ME

It worked last night

Turkey hates you.

TrueBlue

So, with the season now a month old, how would you guys rate how your team have done so far?

For me, I'm pretty chuffed with how Chelsea have started. 13 points from a possible 15 is more than I thought we would get when I looked at the first five games, particularly with away games at Everton and Man City. Of course, this week has been pretty frustrating, and has stopped a really good start from being a great one. It's nice to be five points clear of the team who will most likely be the main title contenders (Sorry Arse-GAF, but that's the way I see it for the moment. But who knows? Things may change), even if is still incredibly early.

bjaelke

"I have only one year contract," said Argentina coach [Bielsa] of OM, although it had signed for two years on the team last spring. "There is no option for a second year, he assured. It is an act on my part, vis-à-vis the club, leaving him time to evaluate me. It was me who asked. In my previous club, Spain, I could sign for several years. That's too much for the club in my opinion. (...) In this case, the prestige of the club (OM) is far superior to mine. "

Facism

It worked last night

probably just a carrier error mate. Try again later, i guess. Why the fuck are you on amazon when you could be banging on doors and getting free meals/marriage requests?

L1NETT

So, with the season now a month old, how would you guys rate how your team have done so far?

6.5/10

+in the playoff spots
+Billy Knott/Clarke/Liddle/Routis look fantastic
+ WE BEAT THE FUCKING LEEDS SCUM ahahah
+ Hanson still here and playing well

- No Clev money, probably will have to move players on
- Dodgy home performances
- Injuries piling up
- Small squad

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member

sold all our players
manager left
one of the favourites for relegation

then

3 wins and 1 draw
best defensive record in the league
2nd

I think Saints are doing okay.

bonus: everyone who left is doing shit (except maybe Chambers)

My team: Crystal Palace.

Pretty ok. Tony Pulis left us in a horrible horrible mess by resigning two days before the season started, and then we lost our director of football with one week left of the transfer window.

But we got a manager who knew the club, a couple of descent buys (Martin Kelly, James McArthur) and then Warnock has gotten us 5 points by being undefeated in his first three games. And we have scored 8 goals with 8 different players so far.

We actually have a pretty descent squad now, with some reservations for left back/lone striker options.

Speroni
Kelly - Dann - Delaney - Ward
Jedinak - McArthur
Puncheon - Ledley/Chamakh - Bolasie/Zaha
Gayle/Campbell

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

10. Especially considering the semi-injury crisis.

4 wins out of 4 (including one in Europe :lol) and 0 goals conceded! Couldn't be any happier

well maybe I could with Conte in charge

but then again, with Conte we don't win in Europe...catch 22?

Marc

haha, oh FIFA... never change... not that it's possible.

Seriously run like a corrupt state, the mob or the Vatican. All with a straight face...

FIFA have left themselves open to further accusations of corruption after insisting their £6million report into the bidding process for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups would not be published.

Football Association officials will await an official explanation from the world governing body before issuing a response.

But Hans Joachim-Eckert, who chairs the adjudicatory chamber of Fifa’s ethics committee, has reportedly said he would not be allowing the findings of a 350-page report - compiled from 200,000 pages of evidence by New York attorney Michael Garcia – to ever be available to the public.

Joachim-Eckert, a judge in Munich, has told the Sunday Times that he and his deputy would be the only people to read the report and said that Fifa’s rules prohibited him from even showing it to Fifa president Sepp Blatter and the world governing body’s 27-man executive.
It means the accusations of bribery in the bidding process for the World Cup will remain unanswered; at least publicly.

It is something that is understood to have infuriated Garcia and John Whittingdale, chairman of the Commons culture, media and sport committee, told the Sunday Times: ‘I’m absolutely horrified.

Dark Souls update:

I'm in the Londo Ruins. The first ghost I come across almost KO's me with one hit, I turn around to run away across the planks I just crossed and ran into the water. Dead.

Edit: Tried fighting them. Dead.

Way too early for that level matey, get out! One of the last I played I think.

Yurt - You seen the hammer and swords demo? Way more optimistic about the game now. Need to see more custom looks, weapons and locations before I drop dat cash.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
When you're urine is crystal clear its a small victory

Together we can kill dehydration

Drink water

7/10

3 games, 2 won and 1 lost, 8 goals scored and 6 (SIX!) conceded. Menez looked great (just like the rest of the team - except for our defence), Honda looked like a football player (a good one), De Jong bossed around just like he did last year and it feels like Abate is learning how to cross.

The bad part so far is our defence: too many goals conceded, too shaky and even Diego Lopez had a few issues against Parma. Still think that Rami+Alex could be our best starting CBs, yet Inzaghi doesn't seem to think like this and wants to go all in with Bonera and Zapata. Still want to see what Van Ginkel and Torres can do, maybe tomorrow night.

All in all, 6 points out of 9. Looking back at our recent past, that's something amazing.

Esch

Banned
I am pleased with Arsenal's start this season. We have been playing pretty average so far, but have yet to lose and played better than City for the majority of the game. It is obvious that the team is not gelling yet and the back line is a mess, but if Wenger can get four guys to get a run of games together then we will look stronger back there. I watched highlights of the Villa game yesterday and Ozil looked much more comfortable. Welbeck and Ozil could form a great partnership if they learn to play together quickly.

I doubt we will make an impression in the CL, but I am hopeful we can do well in the league. It will all come down to Wenger in January. This team should be able to maintain a top four pace until January and then if Wenger fucking wakes up and signs some players, we should be able to mount a real challenge. I doubt mind us not winning the title, but I want to see us in contention until the final couple of weeks of the season. Something we haven't done in a decade.

Agreed. No doubt Wenger is having trouble trying to find the best balance to put all the talent in his team, but it solidified for me that Ozil's performance isn't really the problem. Put him in at the CAM position and he does great. He also seems to provide better performance on the right, than the left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom