• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT7| daily blind is a renegade of funk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Good film that, well made tense thriller. Wasn't the film I thought it was going to be after the first fifteen twenty minutes, devolves into some standard chase fare, and the ending's a bit disappointing and cliche, but it's got some very good moments. Especially that first 20 odd minutes.

FootballFan

That's an imporant part yeah. Hiddink has very old fashioned ideas about football and can't manage this group at all. During Gaal's years there was peace, now RvP and Huntelaar are fighting again and there were issues about money last week. Everything is falling apart again. There's something off.

Don't underestimate Gaal's influence on the group and his tactics. It's easy to say Spain and Brazil are shit, but they really weren't so shit. We just played a couple of good games too.

70 NZ dollars is about the same as we play for games. The most expensive ones that is. Sometimes a few euros cheaper than that. The 3DS XL is about 20 euros more expensive in NZ.

I'm assuming the 2ds is better priced in nz.

$170 is brilliant price.

Linius

Everyone says that until it's confirmed they've gone.

I remember when Blind said he would play for Ajax for years on end.

And when Eriksen said he wouldn't leave us just yet.

Oh the memories.

I don't remember who, but some guy who writes columns opted for De Boer in a double function. Though De Boer already said a few times he sees himself as a club manager and isn't really interested in the near future.

FootballFan

It's about 25 euros cheaper yeah. For 29 euros more than that we can get a bundle with New Mario Bros 2 though, so that evens it out pretty much.

You should get a 2ds too. All me mates who wanted a 3DS bought the 2ds once they used my 2ds.

3d is so 2009.

L1NETT

Looks increasingly likely that "Family Club" Sheffield United will be re-signing Ched The Ripper.

Repugnant outfit.

Don't you worry

big Jim is back this week

he's had his sausages

and he's gonna fucking rip the Blades a new one

Good film that, well made tense thriller. Wasn't the film I thought it was going to be after the first fifteen twenty minutes, devolves into some standard chase fare, and the ending's a bit disappointing and cliche, but it's got some very good moments. Especially that first 20 odd minutes.

It's surprisingly apolitical considering the setting, thinking back on it a don't know if that's a good thing or not

Found parts of it really eerie, especially the beginning. And Sean Harris is always a treat.

Wilbur

Banned
Meh.

Has a right to earn a living.

Shouldn't be paid the amount he'll get for it though. If he wasn't a footballer, he'd have to go to job interviews in Tesco's and HMV like the rest of us and tell them he's a sex offender.

He isn't even that good! I was talking to my mum the other day without Suarez, saying that it's a shame that he's mentally ill because he truly is one of the best footballers in the world. But Ched Evans?

TeddyBoy

He seems to be overlooking the fact that there isn't really anyone affordable who could have somewhat replicated the way Suarez plays, in the position he plays. Sanchez was the only suitable target for that role imo and even then I don't think he'd be at his best playing as close to goal as Suarez does. Obviously we've done a terrible job of adapting the tactics to the lack of Suarez, but there was no way we were ever gonna come close to replacing him like-for-like after Sanchez went to Arsenal.

418149_heroa.jpg

Believe in Lallana Hitch!

jts

...hate me...
The 3DS is massively overrated, as it is its library.

I mean, it is good. But it's a significant drop from the DS. So I think all the wows are really exaggerated.

Most of the industry has gone to the shitter tho :/

El Topo

I mean, it is good. But it's a significant drop from the DS. So I think all the wows are really exaggerated.

Yup. It's a shame the biggest console in Japan can't even get proper JRPG support. The industry is in an unfortunate state.

Blablurn

I think we have outgrown the industry. It's not us who they want these days. They want that Angry Birds crowd.

FIFA is so big because people love FUT. And they love it even more when they can watch FUT streamers on Twitch. It's all about that generation.

Linius

Isn't that a matter of taste m8?

I already own more 3DS games than DS games. For me the 3DS is a step up.

Carbonox

I want a 3DS but only a 3DS XL and that could do with a price drop for me to bite.

Only games of interest though are the Pokemon ones, Bravely Default and Fire Emblem. Dunno what else there is that would interest me.

Bumhead

Banned
Meh.

Has a right to earn a living.

Makes no odds to me personally if they sign him or not. I'm glad it's not our moral quandary, put it that way. Ched may have a right to earn a living but it's a brave club that looks it's female supporters in the face and says we are going to be the ones to offer him one on a plate.

Got to wonder how much impact Nigel Clough will have on it too. His poor old dad will be doing about 5000 RPM.

I guess my view is tainted slightly by the sizeable proportion if Blades fans who are preparing themselves to welcome back a convicted rapist like some sort of hero. Wondering how many goals he has to score before "He'll shag who he wants" rings around Bramall Lane again. Toilet club.

Scum

Just award the ACN trophy to Ghana. Save everyone the trouble.

The industry died whem mid tier gaming died.

I think we have outgrown the industry. It's not us who they want these days. They want that Angry Birds crowd.

FIFA is so big because people love FUT. And they love it even more when they can watch FUT streamers on Twitch. It's all about that generation.

This too.

Blablurn

I think Sonys PS4 success could be the last time where our generation made some kind of impact by buying a console. But everyone starts to realize that except a few special games (bloodborne) most of them are not what we want them to be.

Pennywise

I think Sonys PS4 success could be the last time where our generation made some kind of impact by buying a console. But everyone starts to realize that except a few special games (bloodborne) most of them are not what we want them to be.

Bla please.
Don't let your mood fool ya.

Carbonox

I've died like 8 times in chapter 1 already. This section with the chainsaw guy has gone from being tense to irritating and not fun pretty fast.

Haha yeah I died loads of times cos of him. I think I've been so used to gaming lately being far easier than it used to be barring some exceptions that I was caught off guard. Took an extremely slow and methodical way of playing to be able to bypass that dude and move on. The first 2/3 times I died was because I didn't know you had to get the keys from the hook next to the table and kept following the guy in to the back. :lol

What I love about Mikami is that he doesn't give a shit about your skill level in games. He'll just throw you right in there and see if you sink or swim.

Blablurn

Bla please.
Don't let your mood fool ya.

I'm an expert. I know this stuff. And deep in your yellow heart, you agree with me. You're just enjoying FIFA so much because you didnt play one in a long time.

Edit:

Sorry. I don't even care why you enjoy FIFA. I didn't mean to judge your liking.

3Sixty

Shouldn't be paid the amount he'll get for it though. If he wasn't a footballer, he'd have to go to job interviews in Tesco's and HMV like the rest of us and tell them he's a sex offender.

He isn't even that good! I was talking to my mum the other day without Suarez, saying that it's a shame that he's mentally ill because he truly is one of the best footballers in the world. But Ched Evans?

I'd say he has the right to use the skills he's developed to work.

Jamie Oliver hired a pedophile chef.

He is gash doe.

Makes no odds to me personally if they sign him or not. I'm glad it's not our moral quandary, put it that way. Ched may have a right to earn a living but it's a brave club that looks it's female supporters in the face and says we are going to be the ones to offer him one on a plate.

Got to wonder how much impact Nigel Clough will have on it too. His poor old dad will be doing about 5000 RPM.

I guess my view is tainted slightly by the sizeable proportion if Blades fans who are preparing themselves to welcome back a convicted rapist like some sort of hero. Wondering how many goals he has to score before "He'll shag who he wants" rings around Bramall Lane again. Toilet club.

Aye, I wouldn't necessarily want him playing for my club. (Mainly because he's gash)

I'm still not that convinced about the charges anyway, but that's another story.

Hixx

hixx

hixx

hixxxxxx

HIXX

evil within chapter 9 YESSS

This is more like it.

Aaaaagh. I can't wait to get back into it but my uber nerd side is keeping me from it. :(((

I've died like 8 times in chapter 1 already. This section with the chainsaw guy has gone from being tense to irritating and not fun pretty fast.

Have you played Resi 4? If you keep moving chainsaw enemies can't hit you. Just keep moving if he spots you.

Pennywise

I'm an expert. I know this stuff. And deep in your yellow heart, you agree with me. You're just enjoying FIFA so much because you didnt play one in a long time.

Nah, I'm mostly enjoying it thanks to ProClubs.
Otherwise I wouldn't play so much.
Maybe coop seasons or some games alone against friends and stuff, but nothing more.

Still, it's the beginning of the generation, not the usual time where great games arrive.

I'm more pissed at the fucking psn, how the fuck do they wanna handle 20m + users, if they already fail to establish a decent service now...

Haha yeah I died loads of times cos of him. I think I've been so used to gaming lately being far easier than it used to be barring some exceptions that I was caught off guard. Took an extremely slow and methodical way of playing to be able to bypass that dude and move on. The first 2/3 times I died was because I didn't know you had to get the keys from the hook next to the table and kept following the guy in to the back. :lol

What I love about Mikami is that he doesn't give a shit about your skill level in games. He'll just throw you right in there and see if you sink or swim.

Yeah I found the keys fast but then didn't realise I had to go back to the side door, so lots of deaths there.

Now I've got the room he patrols and he just keeps turning round and seeing me and insta-death. Bottles don't seem to help that much. Made way harder since your character moves so fucking slow as well.

Wilbur

Banned
I'd say he has the right to use the skills he's developed to work.

Jamie Oliver hired a pedophile chef.

He is gash doe.

Aye, I wouldn't necessarily want him playing for my club. (Mainly because he's gash)

I'm still not that convinced about the charges anyway, but that's another story.

then jamie oliver should be castrated with a lemon zester

I get where you're coming from, but like Bumhead says, there's things that come with football that working in a kitchen or a Wilkinsons won't. That chanting will happen. Blades will either have to defend it, ignore it or condemn it while having to defend them signing Evans in the first place.

Blablurn

Nah, I'm mostly enjoying it thanks to ProClubs.
Otherwise I wouldn't play so much.
Maybe coop seasons or some games alone against friends and stuff, but nothing more.

Still, it's the beginning of the generation, not the usual time where great games arrive.

I'm more pissed at the fucking psn, how the fuck do they wanna handle 20m + users, if they already fail to establish a decent service now...

Sony underestimated so much. I mean, who can judge them? I didn't expect the PS4 to be a success either lol. Especially not after the VITA disaster.

Now they have all dem peple logging in, downloading and playing.

3Sixty

then jamie oliver should be castrated with a lemon zester

I get where you're coming from, but like Bumhead says, there's things that come with football that working in a kitchen or a Wilkinsons won't. That chanting will happen. Blades will either have to defend it, ignore it or condemn it while having to defend them signing Evans in the first place.

I know what you're saying mate, it's the popular opinion.

Just abit of devils advocate really, I'm not fussed either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom