• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT7| daily blind is a renegade of funk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

Banned
At least Ramsey's almost back. Can't wait for Rambo to be back.

Koscielny missing the Hull game when Chambers is suspended blows though. Monreal to play centre back? Could be some lols in that game.

Linius

yeah what is the deal with that

there are quite a few games i want to play on it but fuck paying £30 + for years old games.

That's a Nintendo thing. Pretty much every first party Ninty game hardly goes down in price. And yeah it sucks, but what do we do about it.

Linius

The Australian version is PAL. That will be good for me.

Lol what. So Nintendo is releasing a PAL version of the new 3DS in Australia in november but Europe won't get it till 2015. That makes no sense at all.

Too bad everything is way more expensive in Australia/NZ if I have to believe FF.

LAM09

Lol what. So Nintendo is releasing a PAL version of the new 3DS in Australia in november but Europe won't get it till 2015. That makes no sense at all.

Too bad everything is way more expensive in Australia/NZ if I have to believe FF.

Yep. I guess it must have something to do with stock. Going by the one or two outlets possibly shipping them, the price seems reasonable.

Ortix

Banned
At least Ramsey's almost back. Can't wait for Rambo to be back.

Koscielny missing the Hull game when Chambers is suspended blows though. Monreal to play centre back? Could be some lols in that game.

Hayden > Monreal at cb! This is based more on what I've seen of Monreal than on Hayden.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
dat rigorous training

tumblr_ndjb28U9dU1r30r4xo5_r1_250.gif

tumblr_ndjb28U9dU1r30r4xo6_r1_250.gif

tumblr_ndjb28U9dU1r30r4xo8_r1_250.gif

joke club

"Trust me, I'm not as think as you drunk i am, this will go fine".'

I don't trust you anymore yurt

:( wooden why

Absolute fuck off spider in my room last night

Stared at it for like 20 minutes before I trapped it in a box

took it down to the garden

laid it down, lifted the box

it wasn't there

ik8dUtW8h3EgL.gif

best post in the last 5 OTs

El Topo

Arsenal have opened talks with Borussia Dortmund over a potential deal to sign Mats Hummels, according to reports in Spain.

I think I heard somewhere that Turkish newspapers are reporting that according to Chinese journalists Hummels is about to leave to Arsenal because he wants to win titles. Could already happen in January.

inky

I think I heard somewhere that Turkish newspapers are reporting that according to Chinese journalists Hummels is about to leave to Arsenal because he wants to win titles. Could already happen in January.

Kids in Germany grow up dreaming about winning the FA cup, so I'm not surprised.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

Nintendo are clearing out stock of the existing consoles, that's why US/Europe have to wait.

dc89

Watching Arsenal v City in the FA Women's Super League Continental Cup Final.
That's how desperate I am for football.

A Liverpool Fan rant?

http://seeingredonline.com/lets-not-fucking-do-this/

It’s just that the rest of the side is still set up to play with a player like Luis Suarez, not with one like Mario Balotelli or one like Rickie Lambert. It’s glaringly obvious to anyone with working eyes that as soon as we enter the final third it’s Luis Suarez we need and it’s Luis Suarez that players like Raheem Sterling, Philippe Coutinho and Jordan Henderson are still looking for. They aren’t looking for static players to hit with a hopeful cross or to hold it up, because this isn’t what we just spent 18 months working on and perfecting. We were about speed. We were about movement. We were a non-stop headache for the opposition’s back line. We played no other way, there was no other way, and we didn’t need another way, so why have we settled for having to find one? How is this a better plan than signing one player with vaguely similar qualities to Luis Suarez?

Remember when Batman sat Alfred down and said “You know what, mate? Fuck all this scary, black bat costume bollocks, I’m gonna be rocking the pink from now on. A furry, pink vagina outfit!” and then Gotham’s criminals just carried on shitting themselves as normal whenever they ran into him? And remember when your 55″ HD LED 3D Sony Bravia blew up and you went out and replaced it with a 17″ black and white portable Matsui from 1987, and everything you watched on it looked just as good as it did before and it played blu rays? Or how about when you were learning guitar for 18 months and getting really good at it, and then a string broke and you replaced it with the matted anal pubes of seven homeless lice enthusiasts and ended up better than Hendrix inside a week? No? Well, that’s likely because none of those things ever fucking happened then, isn’t it? And none of them ever would. Unfortunately, Liverpool appear to have been thinking along these same lines when replacing an all action, all scoring, all assisting thundercunt of a player with two strikers about as mobile as a Narnian lamppost.

In short basically: Buy Shaqiri

They won't get him if they keep low-balling.

There is another...

Theo Walcott

Every list needs a wildcard, right? No? Well fuck off then, ‘cos this one does. I’ve always liked Walcott, even if I’ll revert to the standard rival fan stance of calling him an overrated cunt who just runs really quickly for most of the season. I think in a fluid front three, Walcott would absolutely thrive, but is too often wasted out wide instead. He can go left and he can go right and arguably he could even go up top on his own if it came to it. Hardly any chance, of course, and he’d cost a fortune, but he is (was) a Liverpool fan, so…

He seems to be overlooking the fact that there isn't really anyone affordable who could have somewhat replicated the way Suarez plays, in the position he plays. Sanchez was the only suitable target for that role imo and even then I don't think he'd be at his best playing as close to goal as Suarez does. Obviously we've done a terrible job of adapting the tactics to the lack of Suarez, but there was no way we were ever gonna come close to replacing him like-for-like after Sanchez went to Arsenal.

FootballFan

2DS - $170 NZ
3DS XL - $350 NZ
Games - $70-80 NZ

I dunno how much less/more that is.

$1 nz = €0.65~

Linius

What's gone wrong for the Dutch?

I'd like to say that it's all because LvG left, but I'm biased.

That's an imporant part yeah. Hiddink has very old fashioned ideas about football and can't manage this group at all. During Gaal's years there was peace, now RvP and Huntelaar are fighting again and there were issues about money last week. Everything is falling apart again. There's something off.

They thought they were good

They aren't. WC was a lot of good luck + easy opponents.

Don't underestimate Gaal's influence on the group and his tactics. It's easy to say Spain and Brazil are shit, but they really weren't so shit. We just played a couple of good games too.

2DS - $170 NZ
3DS XL - $350 NZ
Games - $70-80 NZ

I dunno how much less/more that is.

$1 nz = €0.65~

70 NZ dollars is about the same as we play for games. The most expensive ones that is. Sometimes a few euros cheaper than that. The 3DS XL is about 20 euros more expensive in NZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom