• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT7| daily blind is a renegade of funk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pennywise

We cant all play 3ds shovelware m8
frU10tR.png

Sony underestimated so much. I mean, who can judge them? I didn't expect the PS4 to be a success either lol. Especially not after the VITA disaster.

Now they have all dem peple logging in, downloading and playing.

They already had enough people playing on the PS3 without these problems.

Well fuck it then, I'm gonna continue Shadow of Mordor in order to get ready for The Evil Within finally.

jts

...hate me...
Isn't that a matter of taste m8?

I already own more 3DS games than DS games. For me the 3DS is a step up.

Does it count if you own a bunch of games but don't play them? :p

I also own a bunch of 'em. Probably 12 or something. Spent an unhealthy amount of time in Animal Crossing, which is fantastic.

I also own more games because of my current condition, as I now work and can afford to, whereas back in the day I was just a poor student.

But really if you think about it. The Layton games, the Ace Attorney games, NSMB was still cool, heck I liked the Zelda DS games (at least the first one), EBA, The World Ends With You, M-06, GTA Chinatown Wars, the stupid Brain Training and Nintendogs games, so much other shit that I can't even list everything. Just a lot inventive stuff from everywhere and everyone. Besides, it was region-free for even more awesomeness.

I just could never get the same feel with the 3DS. But I'm glad if you do.

Linius

On saturday I'm going to a theme park Halloween styled to play The Evil Within in a haunted mansion. Look at me, hardcore gamer and all.

Games that were produced at low cost/low effort, in other words bad games that were cheap to produce (e.g. the usual movie tie-ins).

Meh not really, lots of small budget games aren't shovelware.

Please educate yourself

"Shovelware is a derogatory computer jargon term that refers to software bundles noted more for the quantity of what is included than for the quality or usefulness.[1] The term is also used to refer to software that is ported from one computer platform or storage medium to another with little thought given to adapting it for use on the destination platform or medium, resulting in poor quality.[citation needed]
The metaphor implies that the creators showed little care for the quality of the original software, as if the new compilation or version had been created by indiscriminately adding titles "by the shovel" in the same way someone would shovel bulk material into a pile. The term "shovelware" is coined by semantic analogy to phrases like shareware and freeware, which describe methods of software distribution. It first appeared in the mid-1990s when large amounts of public domain, open source and shareware demos and programs were copied onto CD-ROMs and advertised in magazines or sold at computer flea markets.[1]"

Like Final Fantasy XIII ?
dPrJaGc.png

I'm playing fifa 15 and I write this. I'm the keeper, keeping that clean sheet.

Linius

Does it count if you own a bunch of games but don't play them? :p

I also own a bunch of 'em. Probably 12 or something. Spent an unhealthy amount of time in Animal Crossing, which is fantastic.

I also own more games because of my current condition, as I now work and can afford to, whereas back in the day I was just a poor student.

But really if you think about it. The Layton games, the Ace Attorney games, NSMB was still cool, heck I liked the Zelda DS games (at least the first one), EBA, The World Ends With You, M-06, GTA Chinatown Wars, the stupid Brain Training and Nintendogs games, so much other shit that I can't even list everything. Just a lot inventive stuff from everywhere and everyone. Besides, it was region-free for even more awesomeness.

I just could never get the same feel with the 3DS. But I'm glad if you do.

Fuck sakes man, that last sentence feels like a slap in the face :lol

But yeah, the DS had an amazing catalogue. I actualy need to dig into it more. I was a poor kid during most of the DS's period and less 'hardcore' gamer.

Also, I have 450 hours in New Leaf. We can shake hands on that.

jts

...hate me...
I got to Division 4 in Fifa 15 Seasons and I'm getting destroyed so I just stopped playing to avoid the inevitable relegation.

Not so inevitable anymore is it.
iLyFDpUOiXR21.png

El Topo

Meh not really, lots of small budget games aren't shovelware.

That definition isn't exactly picture-perfect either. That said, I explicitly said that the game also has to be of low quality to fit in my (rather general) definition of shovelware.

Sorry that I didn't bother to write a detailed explanation, I'm working on a presentation. Argh, I don't want to.

jts

...hate me...
Fuck sakes man, that last sentence feels like a slap in the face :lol

But yeah, the DS had an amazing catalogue. I actualy need to dig into it more. I was a poor kid during most of the DS's period and less 'hardcore' gamer.

Also, I have 450 hours in New Leaf. We can shake hands on that.

Haha, yes, with that last sentence I come out as a cunt, which was not my intention. Sorry for that. I mean, because the 3DS has its own games going on for it, and more "console-like" so I understand if you like it more. I mean there's nothing like OoT or even 3D Land on the DS, and DAT ALBW
yx5QTml.png

Yes, now I'm certain that I remember you from the AC threads. Waddya know maybe I even sold some golden peaches or turnips in your town for dem bells
XbrF8Ao.png

Linius

Haha, yes, with that last sentence I come out as a cunt, which was not my intention. Sorry for that. I mean, because the 3DS has its own games going on for it, and more "console-like" so I understand if you like it more. I mean there's nothing like OoT or even 3D Land on the DS, and DAT ALBW
yx5QTml.png

Yes, now I'm certain that I remember you from the AC threads. Waddya know maybe I even sold some golden peaches or turnips in your town for dem bells
XbrF8Ao.png

Oh I wasn't offended in any way, just legit good banter. The home of football mate.

And that's very possible. I topped the post count in OT2 and OT3, I was quite obsessed. My town was called Westeros. Is called. I still play from time to time. Sold some perfect pears only last week. Gotta rake in them bells.

Does the ladies team need assistance from the officials to beat other teams too?

Oh Dan

It never gets old

hXoFZA2.jpg

9GaGsjB.jpg

Look at Hart :loooool

That definition isn't exactly picture-perfect either. That said, I explicitly said that the game also has to be of low quality to fit in my (rather general) definition of shovelware.

Sorry that I didn't bother to write a detailed explanation, I'm working on a presentation. Argh, I don't want to.

Woops i didnt actually say that. I blame playing fifi

Meier

YESSSSS!!! First season, first final and we've got a trophy. Nothing can stop the MCFC train.

It was written in the cards after those wonderstrikes in the final match of the regular season. I think the English league is a little hard to take seriously without more American players though. I guess many of them like playing in the NWSL to decent size crowds (the Portland Thorns avg over 13k fans a game) but it'd be neat to see Alex Morgan playing for City.

Elchele

dat rigorous training

[IdMG]http://33.media.tumblr.com/f3817888989cfc027487f94ee9f78e8d/tumblr_ndjb28U9dU1r30r4xo5_r1_250.gif[/IMG]

[IdMG]http://33.media.tumblr.com/6f2402970b9c64a1925c9faf2795b469/tumblr_ndjb28U9dU1r30r4xo6_r1_250.gif[/IMG]

[IMdG]http://38.media.tumblr.com/6d31a5d2bf99adbe7fee031f687a0c28/tumblr_ndjb28U9dU1r30r4xo8_r1_250.gif[/IMG]

joke club

great way to avoid injuries. #fitnessgenius

Meier

Meier, I hope you can feel my love trough that playlist. If it were the eighties I would have made you a mixtape <3
Hahaha, thanks dude. I haven't been able to listen today since I share an office on M, T and TH, but I'll throw it on tomorrow. I had been a little lax in my curating -- I am up to 15 songs on the playlist, but even still, I think this year has been much weaker than the last two. Maybe you'll help change my mind.

My flatmates and I decided to spray a football field on our living room table because it would be cool as fuck.

Halfway done, I'm afraid we just ruined a fine living room table. I'll keep you guys informed.

Wilbur

Banned
My flatmates and I decided to spray a football field on our living room table because it would be cool as fuck.

Halfway done, I'm afraid we just ruined a fine living room table. I'll keep you guys informed.

Pictures pls

On my fourth Becks and the restaurants only just closed

Asshole, meet thy doom

Linius

Hahaha, thanks dude. I haven't been able to listen today since I share an office on M, T and TH, but I'll throw it on tomorrow. I had been a little lax in my curating -- I am up to 15 songs on the playlist, but even still, I think this year has been much weaker than the last two. Maybe you'll help change my mind.

I only tossed in songs I didn't saw on that list of 9. Not to change minds or anything, but maybe there's something in there you'd enjoy.

I must say in terms of possible classics this year is empty. But in terms of quantity there's enough for me to enjoy. Your typical 4/5 stars albums.

Meier

I only tossed in songs I didn't saw on that list of 9. Not to change minds or anything, but maybe there's something in there you'd enjoy.

I must say in terms of possible classics this year is empty. But in terms of quantity there's enough for me to enjoy. Your typical 4/5 stars albums.

Here is the updated version (no specific order):

Best Friend
Foster The People - Supermodel

The Day You Died
Phantogram - Voices

Coming Home
Kaiser Chiefs - Education, Education, Education & War

How Good Does It Feel
Empires - Orphan

Compliment Your Soul
Dan Croll - Sweet Disarray

Trainwreck 1979
Death From Above 1979 - The Physical World

Lay Me Down
Sam Smith - In The Lonely Hour (Deluxe)

Talking Backwards
Real Estate - Atlas

Gimme Something Good
Ryan Adams - Ryan Adams

Daydreamer
Young the Giant - Mind Over Matter

Shelter Song
Temples - Sun Structures

It's Only Dancing
Jeremy Messersmith - Heart Murmurs

Red Eyes
The War On Drugs - Lost In The Dream

My Silver Lining
First Aid Kit - Stay Gold

From Eden
Hozier - From Eden EP

Linius

Real Estate and DFA1979 are surely new! I think I put Crime from Real Estate in that playlist.

Well let me know if you found something in it some time.

Fintan

Anyone a Leonard Cohen fan here? Haven't listened to that many 2014 albums, but I thought his new album was really good.

Looking forward to listening to the new Foxygen album too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom