• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT7| daily blind is a renegade of funk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Feels like there is a handicapping system in Fifa, some games my players cant shoot

Salvadora

I have used a whole bunch of stuff including Acqua Di Parma, Crabtree & Evelyn, Art of Shaving and some cheap stuff too. My skin is shitty and my hair is stubborn so I'd been searching for good shaving gear for years before I just gave up and went electric.

I've never had a professional shave though. That's something I would like to do.

was that you on the latest 8-4 play podcast who made the bet with john about the evil within?

Hixx

Billy Jones injured for tomorrow. Which means Vergini who's just flown back from Hong Kong will be at right back. Ffs.

Blablurn

So Pep admitted two big mistakes.

First changing the tactics before the Madrid game.

And secondly, sending Thiago to Spain for his last operation.

Two major things that could have been prevented.

I'm kinda angry.

Real football is starting again soon

ioWfgKI.gif

GorillaJu

Ah, right

He mentioned making a sales bet with a guy called Pete in Japan and I thought there couldn't be many of them :p

Oh god. Don't do this to me

Why

Why me

lloooooolll I'm dying.

my name isn't actually Pete.
is this the only "change"? it looks and feels exactly the same as before

new firmware. now with a new hat

It's a bit prettier IMO, melds well with the newest OSX and Win 8.

L1NETT

Supporters would have seats on every board and the right to buy a significant slice of a club's shares when its ownership changes.

Labour says it would be "the biggest legislative shake-up in the governance of English and Welsh football clubs since the advent of the game".

Only 14 league clubs currently have fan representatives on their board.

Swansea City are the only Premier League outfit among the 14, with the Swansea City Supporters Trust owning 20% of the club.

But if Labour wins next year's General Election, fans' trusts could be able to appoint and remove up to a quarter - and not less than two - of a club's directors.

sounds alright....

but the football league's response??

"We have to be careful not to create barriers that act as a disincentive to the next generation of owners and directors, as the game will suffer as a consequence," he said.

sigh

how about the prem

the invitation to discuss" Labour's ideas, while pointing out its own measures to tackle club debt, bring in supporter liaison officers and its financial backing for the Football Supporters' Federation and Supporters Direct

support liaison officers. christ

L1NETT

also Zabo/anyone else....you still watching Detectorists?

Last ep (3) was so gooooooood

Best new sitcom since...probably Whites.

sounds alright....

but the football league's response??

sigh

how about the prem

support liaison officers. christ
I would be interested to know how they think they could implement this.

Gary Neville just nailed it on Twitter - an empty political move. No thought behind it.

L1NETT

I would be interested to know how they think they could implement this.

they probably can't, but some brainiacs in some thinktank somewhere probably think this will attract more voters next year (it's good time to announce this with The Price of Football putting this topic high in people's thoughts). But until the Prem stop sitting like Smaug collecting more and more dosh while actual folk simply cannot afford to go to games shit ain't gonna change

But nice to know the Government (well the opposition at least) have the right ideas in mind

Who knows, maybe some government pressure might actually change something

one can hope can't they

Elchele

definitely. A lot of broadband packages in the UK have caps (and most are 20GB at that). You can get unlimited broadband but it's usually their top package.

I think it's worse everywhere else.

I have never seen internet caps in the latin american countries I have been to. But speed of internet isn't as high as in Europe. Here in my city I think 30mb is the maximum

GorillaJu

I never had a fucking data cap on my cell phone till I bought a new iphone and signed the 4G contract. Now I have an 8gb cap and it costs more monthly. ;_;

No cap on my broadband though. 1 GB/sec too coming in the next few months.

L1NETT

Like some of the Lib Dems ideas/thoughts on the matter ain't awful either

Homophobic chanting to be made a criminal offence, on a par with racist chanting.

Greater clarity and robustness in the rules regarding what constitutes a 'fit and proper person' to serve as a director or owner of a football club.

Ten percent of all tickets for matches at English Premier League, English Football League and Scottish Premier League level to be made available at an 'affordable' price

. A five percent tithe on English and Scottish Premier League TV revenues to fund the strengthening of the game's grass roots and lower leagues, and to ensure greater democracy and equality within the game

but most of what they say is so vague, which all Manifestos leading up to next year on most issues will probably be. Concrete promises will be few and far between, especially after the Clegg-student fees episode.

but for me it's about intention. Both lib/lab are pulling in the right direction which is nice to see.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Only an hour to hear if anyone is back from Injury

El Topo

So Pep admitted two big mistakes.

First changing the tactics before the Madrid game.

And secondly, sending Thiago to Spain for his last operation.

Two major things that could have been prevented.

I'm kinda angry.

I'm glad he's admitting his mistakes though. It sucks, but hopefully he (and we) will learn from them.

No!

If you have seen him play often enough, you would know otherwise.

The times he has played for Chelsea has been plenty. I do remember a few good performances for Basel against Chelsea, but that hardly says a lot, but even Jozy Altidore does well against Chelsea for some reason.

Batongen

Banned
Like some of the Lib Dems ideas/thoughts on the matter ain't awful either

but most of what they say is so vague, which all Manifestos leading up to next year on most issues will probably be. Concrete promises will be few and far between, especially after the Clegg-student fees episode.

but for me it's about intention. Both lib/lab are pulling in the right direction which is nice to see.

I can only make a stand for the local MP but I'm with you L1NETT, lib/lab are more reasonable than some of the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom