• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT7| daily blind is a renegade of funk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy b-day Horserino.

I used to use a straight razor with a badger-hair brush and shit but I just switched to electric becuas I don't have an hour to spend every day shaving. Heating up the soap, creating a lather, prepping your skin, shaving carefully, it all takes too long. But it does give you a really nice shave and if you have ingrown hairs or shave bumps it will solve that problem easily.

Use Acqua di Parma Barbiere range. I use the facial scrub, then the soft brush cream and then finish it if with the moisturising balm. It takes about. It is absolutely heavenly. They changed the shaving cream from hard to soft and it only takes a couple of seconds to work up a great lather with a brush. In total it takes around 5-7 minutes per shave. I really want the straight razor to add to the elegance of the experience. I had a shave in Dunhills Tokyo, which I would recommend if you haven't gone, and it was fantastic.

Only problem with the Acqua di Parma range is that is quite pricey for some, especially out here in Asia. I think it is worth every penny and is the only product that prevents me from having razor burn.

GorillaJu

I have used a whole bunch of stuff including Acqua Di Parma, Crabtree & Evelyn, Art of Shaving and some cheap stuff too. My skin is shitty and my hair is stubborn so I'd been searching for good shaving gear for years before I just gave up and went electric.

I've never had a professional shave though. That's something I would like to do.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
I once had a profesional shave, it was nice being lazy and not doing anything, but the results were the same.

Linius

Anyone a Leonard Cohen fan here? Haven't listened to that many 2014 albums, but I thought his new album was really good.

Looking forward to listening to the new Foxygen album too.

Yeah, I love it. Great album. Also put a song of that on my playlist of 2014 tunes for Meier :p

Also, happy bday to the horse among us.

I have used a whole bunch of stuff including Acqua Di Parma, Crabtree & Evelyn, Art of Shaving and some cheap stuff too. My skin is shitty and my hair is stubborn so I'd been searching for good shaving gear for years before I just gave up and went electric.

I've never had a professional shave though. That's something I would like to do.

yeah it was a really nice experience in Dunhills in Ginza. They offer quite a lot of options and I will be going back again next time I am in Tokyo. Something to save for a special day .

Happy birthday, Horse.

Happy Birthday

dndQReW.gif

Happy birthday Laboured!

may shorty bring you joy

Happy birthday donkeh

Oi, Laboured!

igbTpFCTdgV1H.gif

Happy Birthday Laboured. Have a good one .

HB Laboured

happy birthday, laboured!

Happy b-day Horserino.

I used to use a straight razor with a badger-hair brush and shit but I just switched to electric becuas I don't have an hour to spend every day shaving. Heating up the soap, creating a lather, prepping your skin, shaving carefully, it all takes too long. But it does give you a really nice shave and if you have ingrown hairs or shave bumps it will solve that problem easily.

happy birthday laboured xoxoxox love you

Ten beers and I'm only tipsy. Being fat sucks.

On my way home now. Just had a leaving party for the girl from worked I fucked earlier this year, she's going traveling

Playing never have I ever and someone said 'never have I ever fucked someone from here'

And no one knew about us

UNTIL TONIGYT

REVEals

Sensational business. Won't be home until 5ish. Gotta get three buses and then walk for 45 minutes or get a cab

Happy Birthday, Laboured

You realise this jinxes us, yeah

happy ironman3 day, Laboured

D'aaaaawwwww thanks guys!!! Appreciate it :)

Think Hitch stopped playing it the same time I did. Truely shocking how bad PSN has been these past couple of weeks.

Been playing TLOU. Hixx told me to play Survivor, but he never told me I'd only have 6 bullets for the first 2 hours. Just finished the subway area with all them Clickers....Fuck Clickers :*(

Don't think I've touched Destiny since you have. Have no interest at all in the grind, similar to Diablo 3.

We should play TLoU MP sometime

Any other Liverpool fans a bit worried that you're overestimating Sturridge's potential impact on his return?

From everyone's comments yesterday night about the slow death of gaming, y'all should replay XCOM, we can share stories :p

Enemy Within sounds pretty brass tbh, seems like it just adds even more overwhelming systems to keep an eye on in the main game, thought it'd be more like an expansion pack. Ah well.

I realise that this is one of those scattergun posts I tend to make in the mornings

Just thinking, is Coutinho a second half of the season player? All of his best performances have been after Christmas.

Nah, just a horribly patchy one. January-May 2013 has been his only really consistent period of form.

Even his good patches last season lasted like 3 games or so at a time, even with everyone around him playing so well he was liable to put in a disappointing performance in any given game.

Last May I thought we'd bought a player for £8m who'd be world class at this very moment :(

He just gets so many basics wrong when he's not on it. 10 yard passes straight to opposition feet, dawdling on the ball, attempting through balls which just aren't there. On top form though, I think he's perhaps our best player. The things he's capable of are astounding.

noal

Banned
Happy birthday Horse. Just in time for a new era in the premier league. Possibility not a good one but a new era anyway.

kharma45

Their site seems to suggest there is a non EVO. I think I have one too actually.

orly m8

then tell me

what is this SSD that I bought in noverember 2012

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009LI7C9Y/

Look at that I'm very wrong :lol I'd forgotten it existed! I thought we went 830 > 840 EVO for some reason. Oops.

@kharma, the SSD you recommended to me doesn't seem to be Evo or Pro judging from it's Amazon page :p

Hope it holds out, though most of my stuff is on the HDD

Which do you have again?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Lippi "Tevez is playing so well that he reminds me of Juve's best days. He has reached the level that Zidane was at while at Juventus, he is now a leader of the team and he has not missed one step."

robert_downey_jrs_not_sure_if-40577.gif

Not sure if compliment or insult

Off to the hospital soon to see what the latest is on my break. Nervous times. I don't want them touching up my face.

even the worst case scenario can be fixed, don't worry.

I remember when Kenka hyped Amini. Those were the days.

Was it Kenka?

Thought elsk was also something like "I liked Dortmund better when they were signing talented no name players like Kagawa or Amini" :lol

Well, anyway, I read an English piece on Amini some days ago, it was quiet interesting. They thought Amini was near the team last year before he got injured. But honestly, I doubt it. He didn't even make it in the first team in the last few weeks when Jojic was obviously overplayed and basically everyone else injured. But either way, his time at Dortmund has definitely improved him and he'll be decent for a second division team or some Paderborn club.

Lippi "Tevez is playing so well that he reminds me of Juve's best days. He has reached the level that Zidane was at while at Juventus, he is now a leader of the team and he has not missed one step."

robert_downey_jrs_not_sure_if-40577.gif

Not sure if compliment or insult

Zidane on his day was unplayable and he always was one to step up to the occasion, but he was never consistently brilliant over a whole season. Tevez winning the Guerin d'oro shows at least that the journalists viewed him as consistently good over the whole of last season.

Clegg

But of a controversy brewing in rugby re: concussion protocol. Matt Toomua, an Australian international, took a knock to the head in a game against Argentina and was taken off to be assessed. He passed the test and was allowed back on. Now he's admitted that he can't even remember taking the pitch side test and has subsequently been removed from playing duties for a month. Rugby has some of the most stringent protocols in place for head injuries and even they've fucked it up here. Theres a 7 minute window where the player is taken off and tested. If he doesn't pass it then he's automatically subbed off. Football might as well be in the stone age by comparison. An even then, for all their stringent adherence to protocol rugby still can't protect its players. Gonna be a big upheaval eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom