• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT7| daily blind is a renegade of funk

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAM09

The times he has played for Chelsea has been plenty. I do remember a few good performances for Basel against Chelsea, but that hardly says a lot, but even Jozy Altidore does well against Chelsea for some reason.

Salah was one of the best players in Europe two years ago. Also, have you seen his international goal scoring record?

The times he has played for Chelsea has been plenty. I do remember a few good performances for Basel against Chelsea, but that hardly says a lot, but even Jozy Altidore does well against Chelsea for some reason.

You only bought him so that he doesn’t go to Liverpool and you have to say in that role he has been faultless.

Salah was one of the best players in Europe two years ago. Also, have you seen his international goal scoring record?

Why would I care how he does for his national team, especially one that pretty much only plays against other African teams of embarrassingly bad quality. I care about how he performs for Chelsea and he looks hopeless most of the time.

and lol at him being one of the best in Europe a few years ago

Edit: lol, ok Chile and Bosnia is not all terrible, but this is the other teams he scored against, SWP would score a lot against this bunch too

J8IigMA.png

LAM09

Why would I care how he does for his national team, especially one that pretty much only plays against other African teams of embarrassingly bad quality. I care about how he performs for Chelsea.

and lol at him being one of the best in Europe a few years ago

It shows his qualities. The fact that you are judging a player who has hardly played for Chelsea is laughable. When you have seen him play on a consistent basis, comeback to me.

Edit: Before jumping to conclusions, have you seen any of the NT's you think are a joke play, or the conditions they play in?

It must be blissful to be naive.

It shows his qualities. The fact that you are judging a player who has hardly played for Chelsea is laughable. When you have seen him play on a consistent basis, comeback to me.

He won't ever play consistently for Chelsea and thank fuck for that. And no, I have no real reason to watch him when he leaves Chelsea for QPR or wherever he will find his real level again.

Edit: Before jumping to conclusions, have you seen any of the NT's you think are a joke play or the conditions they play in?

It must be blissful to be naive.
You have to remember what the culture at Chelsea is and the expectations fans have as a result of that.

They don't believe in giving youth a chance. They're not interested in any of that. They want performances immediately every week from the off and if you can't deliver that then they will throw you away. Even if you've been a loyal and outstanding player to the club they will do that to you.

Clegg

Anyone seen the Telegraph's Top 100 PL players of all time? Useless exercise but they're interesting for discussion purposes

Top 10:

1)Giggs
2)Henry
3)Keane
4)Shearer
5)Scholes
6)Ronaldo
7)Vieira
8)Cantona
9)Bergkamp
10)Lampard

LAM09

You have to remember what the culture at Chelsea is and the expectations fans have as a result of that.

They don't believe in giving youth a chance. They're not interested in any of that. They want performances immediately every week from the off and if you can't deliver that then they will throw you away. Even if you've been a loyal and outstanding player to the club they will do that to you.

I know. I have never agreed with it, and I am hoping the tide is going to change with FFP. We have a good bunch of youngsters at Chelsea (in the YT and out on loan), but I hope they are given the chance to succeed. The only way they can do that is by playing.

The main gripe about all this is, people who have no knowledge of the subject at hand like to talk.

I know. I have never agreed with it, and I am hoping the tide is going to change with FFP. We have a good bunch of youngsters at Chelsea (in the YT and out on loan), but I hope they are given the chance to succeed. The only way they can do that is by playing.

The main gripe about all this is, people who have no knowledge of the subject at hand like to talk.
Wow you're a Chelsea fan. Haha sorry man, you definitely don't sound like the typical fan I shouldn't have assumed.

Agree though. I wouldn't worry too much about a Wooden Chelsea are just his side team that he follows to actually see some decent football and wins.

Wow you're a Chelsea fan. Haha sorry man, you definitely don't sound like the typical fan I shouldn't have assumed.

Agree though. I wouldn't worry too much about a Wooden Chelsea are just his side team that he follows to actually see some decent football and wins.

i63Bzthiwe5DL.gif

and with 1/50 of the budget. Moral champions

and here's proof that Claudemir was the best of Europe in 2010

ibeYVLh90AT95d.gif

Chelsea should have bought him while they had the chance. Bossed that midfield.

LAM09

Np mate. We aren't all the same. ;)

I thought as much. LOL!

Anyone seen the Telegraph's Top 100 PL players of all time? Useless exercise but they're interesting for discussion purposes

Top 10:

1)Giggs
2)Henry
3)Keane
4)Shearer
5)Scholes
6)Ronaldo
7)Vieira
8)Cantona
9)Bergkamp
10)Lampard

Remove Lampard for Zola and it is spot on.

Linius

Assaidi was one of the best (North African) players in Europe two years ago.

Now he's awol.

He was a promising player, that's all.

And he made the wrong choice in switching clubs like so many before him did. And so many will still do in the future.

Wilbur

Banned
Zola was the only reason why Chelsea were relevant as a team before Roman.

Desailly, Lampard, Vialli, Wise, Di Matteo, Poyet, Cudicini had all performed well and won trophies. You're just doing your usual thing of pretending Italians are superior to everyone else on the planet.

Desailly, Lampard, Vialli, Wise, Di Matteo, Poyet, Cudicini had all performed well and won trophies. You're just doing your usual thing of pretending Italians are superior to everyone else on the planet.

Oh I see you have named three other Italians and a Milan legend in Desailly. :D

Chelsea fans even voted him their greatest player in 2003.

Zola raised Chelsea up a level.

Oh I see you have named three other Italians and a Milan legend in Desailly. :D

Why are you making it about nationality lol

I don't think anyone is denying Zola's quality or how good he was for Chelsea either. Just that Lampard certainly has a place on those stupid ass fucking lists as well.

Why are you making it about nationality lol

I don't think anyone is denying Zola's quality or how good he was for Chelsea either. Just that Lampard certainly has a place on those stupid ass fucking lists as well.

I am not. Wilbur made it about nationality.

I persinally don't give a fuck about Zola

_78359983_davidmoyes.jpg

Moyes has spoken:
In his first broadcast interview since he lost his job in April, the former Everton boss, 51, told the BBC: "I am ready to return."

He added: "I have enjoyed the time off but I have got to wait on the right job and make sure it's one that I want."

"I'm really ambitious," he continued. "I would never have left Everton FC for anybody but an ambitious football club. And I thought Manchester United would have given me that opportunity.

"It didn't materialise that way, so you know I am hoping that the next club I join gives me the chance to build a team, because I think that is what I am good at.

"I also think that I am good at spotting and identifying young players, not only young players, but players.

"Over the years, we have brought in a lot of players at Everton and I think that they worked well. So if the opportunity came, then hopefully I will be able to make it work."

Moyes incoming

"I'm really ambitious," he said. "I would never have left Everton FC for anybody but an ambitious football club. And I thought Manchester United would have given me that opportunity.

"It didn't materialise that way, so I am hoping that the next club I join gives me the chance to build a team, because I think that is what I am good at.

"I also think that I am good at spotting and identifying young players, not only young players, but players.

"Over the years, we have brought in a lot of players at Everton and I think that they worked well. So if the opportunity came, then hopefully I will be able to make it work."

"I've had several people contact me about jobs which none of them have turned round and said 'here is a job it's yours'," he added.

"But people have asked me if I have had any interest on jobs - at the moment in time the clubs that have come calling I just felt that they weren't right.

"I will know when the right club comes along and I needed a little bit of time just to make sure that I am ready, and I am feeling good to go back."

"Getting to the quarter-final in the Champions League wasn't a bad feat," he said.

"I really enjoyed it - embraced it, actually loved the Champions League nights, and we did well.

"We came up against Bayern Munich and we were a little bit unfortunate not to get ourselves through."

"It's the first time I've had off in about 30 years," said Moyes.

"I've been involved in football since I was a young boy. I've enjoyed doing things you don't get the opportunity to do when you're in the job.

"When you're in the job, you're full on all the time. I've played some great golf courses, enjoyed a bit of horse racing, spent a bit of time with the family so it's been good."

"I got the job and I expected it to be a six-year plan," he said. "I signed a six-year contract... disappointed it didn't go to plan. I expected to be given an opportunity to fulfil that and it wasn't what was expected.

"It was really difficult when I lost the job initially because I didn't really see it coming, even though I had been losing games.

"I knew that it could be difficult but I joined a club that I felt stood behind their managers, made sure they supported them in difficult times. And, you know, Sir Alex had difficult times when he first took over.

"And I do understand that the landscape has changed a little bit in football, but I think that United always stood for the right things and I expected them to do what was right with me."

When asked what the reaction would have been had he been in charge of such losses, Moyes said: "I daren't imagine what would have been said about it.

"But Louis van Gaal has got a difficult job as well, just like I did when I took over at the job, and he needs to be given that opportunity to get his mark on the team, turn it around.

"He is a very experienced manager and he should be given that chance to do so."

With the wingers we have, there is no reason he shouldn't be given a chance. We aren't RM!
What? The depth Chelsea has on the wings is scary. If Salah was good he'd have been playing already. So weird when fans pretend to know more about players/the team than the manager and staff.

Slizz

Did he touch on pre-match chips?

All in all he isn't a terrible person, just wasn't cut out for the big stage. 6 year plan doesn't mean you can show absolutely nothing in your first year and still be part of the plan.

Did anyone ever say Zola was shit?

And if we for whatever reason are going by what Chelsea fans vote, as some measurement of the best players in the league, then Lampard also has him beaten there having won it 3 times.

You were saying "what a surprise..." I was saying it was not just me.

Zola was the best best player I have seen play for Chelsea. He was a fantastic player and the only person who came near to Bergkamp in the #10 role in the PL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom