• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT7| daily blind is a renegade of funk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vauxhall England ‏@VauxhallEngland 2m2 minutes ago

Joe Hart is YOUR #England Man of the Match after winning 63% of the vote - http://po.st/gC7uvp

Solid.

BziHc-3IYAEngij.png

:lol

Draconian

He does and that's an easy fix. But there's far bigger problems on that Spain side. Costa is not blending in with the team at all, he doesn't fit the slow, not very direct build up play, and the rest of the team behind him also looks completely toothless doing anything but passing it around without any real intent.

Yeah, I'm not saying that's the only problem here, but you can't afford to go down 1-0 because your keeper can't make what should be a straight forward save. The whole complexion of the game changes at that point, and Casillas has made enough mistakes that he shouldn't be starting right now. It's the easiest problem to fix and yet they still haven't done it.

I don't get why noone likes him, from what I've seen (limited) he seems like a great prospect.

Just fat shaming.

Yeah, I'm not saying that's the only problem here, but you can't afford to go down 1-0 because your keeper can't make what should be a straight forward save. The whole complexion of the game changes at that point, and Casillas has made enough mistakes that he shouldn't be starting right now. It's the easiest problem to fix and yet they still haven't done it.

Iker is bigger than the national team and Madrid. He is staying. Hopefully, lets all pray for it.

Pennywise

You just don't talk about leaving the club in public. Also he's been a bit unlucky this season.

He was just one of those players that had talent, but clearly wasn't good enough to achieve something at Bayern yet.
I don't understand him or others who clearly need two or three years with constant match praxis, getting on a bench at Bayern or other clubs.

I don't get why noone likes him, from what I've seen (limited) he seems like a great prospect.

He'll show flashes of what he's capable of then disappear for long stretches of the game. He's just too inconsistent to be reliable, particularly for a creative player.

Meier

WhoScored updated their site and now it's slower. Why. Why does every site go to these new flash/HTML5-based sites that take for fucking ever. JUST SIMPLE TEXT IS ALL I WANT. *shakes fist as he stares at a perpetual loading symbol*

He was just one of those players that had talent, but clearly wasn't good enough to achieve something at Bayern yet.
I don't understand him or others who clearly need two or three years with constant match praxis, getting on a bench at Bayern or other clubs.

Don't know, I think of him more as Bayern's Perisic.

A good signing, a player that should/could have been important from his physical skills but just isn't made for top football in his head.

#Özil's injury history:
Schalke: Out for 7 days in total
Bremen: 29 days
Real Madrid: 0 days
Arsenal: 133 (incl. latest injury)

Arsenal are officially the most injury-prone team in @premierleague. 891 injuries in 12 years. Liverpool have had 553 in that time. #afc
That's the equivalent of 74 injuries a year. Or an injury every 5 days. Incredible. #afc

We had a weird bug in fifa, the default camera was.... Weird.

ssjZT55.gif

http://a.pomf.se/zpibiv.webm

http://a.pomf.se/qojdoh.webm

WhoScored updated their site and now it's slower. Why. Why does every site go to these new flash/HTML5-based sites that take for fucking ever. JUST SIMPLE TEXT IS ALL I WANT. *shakes fist as he stares at a perpetual loading symbol*

It's a sickness man. I hate all these bloated slow ass sites, I'm going back to usenet.

What is the epl camera angle?
2EbcpKX.png

I think it's Leicster or Burnleys that fucking sucks, but it varies quite a lot stadium from stadium.

It was locked at 720p? Fucking japanese pc developers lol

The White Hart Lane angle is the worst. Old Trafford has it too but to a lesser extent. I don't want to strain to see what's happening on the near sideline.

Meier

when did I ever say anything right anyway

Silva is quietly the 13th most capped player in Spain's history with 86 now. Should hit 100 within the next year or two -- already the most capped player in Spain history to not play for Barca or the two Madrid teams. Will eventually pass Fernando Torres to be the most capped non Barca/Real Madrid player ever.

Meier

Too bad the game is still shit.

I liked FF13 a lot. Apparently put 95 hours into it even according to raptr/Xbox tracking. Only 36 hours into FF13-2 apparently.. surprised it was that low to be honest.

Wow, that was Spain's first loss in qualifying since 2006 apparently.

God... that looks like the worst game ever

Even worse than that free ios game Linus bought for 3DS

The screens he posted with Durante fix looks pretty good. I mean, as good as it can look with the low res and poly shit, always kind of liked the look of FF13 and the music though.

Scum

He does and that's an easy fix. But there's far bigger problems on that Spain side. Costa is not blending in with the team at all, he doesn't fit the slow, not very direct build up play, and the rest of the team behind him also looks completely toothless doing anything but passing it around without any real intent.

Spain should start playing like a Mou/Biesla/Simeone team...

Spain should start playing like a Mou/Biesla/Simeone team...

Spain was by far the best pressing team in the world from 2008-2012. They don't need to go full Simeone and just foul foul foul, but they do need more physicality and directness in their play.

Scum

Spain was by far the best pressing team in the world from 2008-2012. They don't need to go full Simeone and just foul foul foul, but they do need more physicality and directness in their play.

Most definitely. They can still pass it around as before, but add a bit of pace & directness to it all. Costa will thrive off that shit.

Meier

Taking out Navas and Negredo was a huge joke. They'd give Spain a plan B.

It's shocking that he has left Navas out even afterwards. Navas has been playing well for City and offers Spain a truly different approach with his pace. Yes, Pedro is also pacey, but it's not like you can only have one guy who offers that on your team. Really strange.

Wilbur

Banned
Man, I remember when we first opened the restaurant, we'd close at half 10 and I wouldn't be out until almost 2 o clock I was so slow at closing

Was out by 10 to 11 today. Dat speed.

dc89

Manchester United could become the next target of Uefa’s Financial Fair Play regulations after the governing body confirmed it would consider making debt reduction part of any change to the rules.

United have sailed through Uefa’s existing FFP tests, which focus exclusively on preventing clubs recording annual losses. But European football’s governing body has arranged a meeting on Monday to discuss potential tweaks to the regulations, amid criticisms it punishes over-investment but not the accumulation of debt.

United are £350 million in debt, having been saddled with a £790 million burden by the Glazers when they took over the club in 2005.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...nancial-Fair-Play-sanction-for-350m-debt.html

It's how it should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom